Author Topic: Saturday, November 30th, 2013  (Read 1817 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Saturday, November 30th, 2013
« on: November 30, 2013, 02:51:50 AM »
Good way-too-early morning again!

Not sure what is going on exactly, but I've been in a huge amount of pain the last two nights.  The worst is in my left wrist.  I used to have this problem somehow related to all the autoimmune stuff but not for the past year or more.  I have a med called Neurontin that is not specifically for pain (not like aspirin would be) but helps with nerve pain.  Took that before bed and it didn't touch it.  I finally got up to take Percocet which is very rare for me.  Hoping to head back to sleep soon.

In the meantime, I've been playing around on the Plan to Eat site.  I had tried it quite some time ago and didn't get the big deal, but have seen numerous bloggers extol it's features so decided to check it out again given the Black Friday weekend half-price sale.  It's awesome now, with the features of either bookmarking recipes on it (from other sites) or importing them into your recipe file.  Then you an also type in your own, add friends on there and access theirs, use the ones they have in the database, and so on.  And make up your weekly or monthly menus on there.  I think it will be very helpful to me.  :)

Today, I hope to put up the Christmas tree and come up with a plan to make a Christmas banner to replace our "Give Thanks" one.  We are also planning to work on a Christmas musical video as a family project.  And I want to clean out my linen closet and reorganize it.

Have a great weekend!
Catherine

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
Re: Saturday, November 30th, 2013
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 07:00:13 AM »
Good morning ladies,

I set my knitting machine up yesterday and made one ear warmer. LOL Then I couldn't for the life of me get it to knit the first row. About 1 a.m. I figured out that I was wrapping the yarn the wrong direction.  :o :-[ I think I started at least 10 times, but just could not get that first row to work. I was too tired by them to continue, but I am ready to go now.  ;D

My brother L works as a welder on a pipeline out in Pennsylvania I believe. (He moves around.) I love my brother, but every time he comes home, he creates drama with mom, then goes back and leaves me the mess to clean up. (Big, big sigh here) He has been trying to 'talk' mom into moving up to Tarkio, Tarkio is about 50 miles north of us. If she moves there, she would know no one and L would be gone most of the time. She would be miserable. I am trying to just let things die down till he goes back, but I may have to step in. If you know me, you know there is nothing I hate more than drama and confrontation.  >:( Uggg, my stomach is all out of whack just thinking about it, but I talked to one of the twins last night and he will support my decision. If mom gets to the point where she can't make her own decisions, I am her guardian. I am hoping he leaves today so life can get back to normal. I am not going to stand by while he bullies mom. She told me she does not want to move. That is good enough for me.  I just hope he will listen and let it drop. Oh, why are holidays so stressful! We were having a good one until all this started.  :( So I told you all this to ask for prayers on this situation. I so do not want to have to confront L. Am I the only one who has a crazy family at times?  ???

It got up to 50* yesterday and is supposed to be even warmer today. Kevin tried to till the garden area yesterday and the ground was frozen. LOL I figured it would be, but he had to try.  ::) Still eating leftovers, but at least the pie is gone. Kevin finished it up last night.  :D

You all have a great day. Now I am off to conquer the knitting machine.  ;D

Blessings,
Winona

Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 07:35:30 AM »
Good morning.

Oh no Winona, you aren't the only one with a crazy family.  That's the joy of a family...we're all crazy, we're just used to "our" kind of crazy.  :D

I am slow moving this morning.  Sam and Aaron cut up all the wood yesterday and I threw the chunks into a big pile for the splitter.  Oh mercy my hiney is sore, all the way down my legs.  Evidently I worked muscles I haven't worked in awhile.  ;D 

Other than continuing to straighten up the house, there's not much on the agenda for today.  Sam is going to the landfill to take the trash, Caylon is going to Asheville with a friend and Aaron is asleep since he worked last night.  I'll have the kids all day long...just like normal.

I do have some ironing to do and at least 2 loads of clothes to get on the line.  I have the animal chores to do and I need to carry in wood. 

We're having spaghetti for supper. 

I hope everyone has a great day.  :)

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 08:40:47 AM »
Good Morning

Winona HA I wished you were the only family that had someone that caused a problem then we wouldnt have so much to worry about! Just kidding. I am afraid we all have them whether we want them or not. Preferably NOT! Somehow we all get through these things and we wonder how.

Today is moving cows home again. Jiggity jig. So tired of this, but this should be the last time from this pasture till spring. It is 5 miles. ugh Time c

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 11:40:47 AM »
Good afternoon, ladies.
We just finished with lunch. We had leftover stuffing and turkey with gravy and rolls. I've had enough of the leftovers already!
I've got to make a run to aldi, sam's and tsc today.  We still have not gotten our tree yet. Tomorrow is the day. Today is the Michigan/Ohio state game. And as of right now, Michigan is winning. GASP! Needless to say, Chads butt is in the recliner watching the game and amongst our other duties today, it just isnt a good day to get the tree.
I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. Winona, my family tree is full of people like that. I'm sorry to say that but the truth is the truth. I just try to grin and bear it and go with the flow. I will pray for you. I know oh so much what you are going thru.
I have no clue whats for dinner. I may pick up a rotisserie chicken at sams. And make scalloped potatoes with it or something. I would really just prefer a big salad only. But if I tried to serve Chad salad, he would probably have a heart attack. He does not have the best eating habits and he hates vegetables except potatoes and green beans. After all this holiday food this week, I'm ready for something light. I do know that I am picking up some frozen fruits, yogurt and spinach at Sams to make my morning smoothies. I havent been having them and I miss them.
Enough rambling from me. You all have a good day!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 02:32:04 PM »
Am I the only one who has a crazy family at times?  ???

LOL... no sweetie, you're not.  Mine is crazy MOST of the time, LOL