Author Topic: Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013  (Read 2159 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013
« on: December 03, 2013, 09:05:44 AM »
Good morning!

Everyone  must be super busy this morning.  We got a later start than usual due to staying up too late putting up the tree after being up early yesterday to visit the zoo.  They have free admission on Mondays this month (thru Feb) so it was a good time to go.  :)

If you're not on fb, I got my nose pierced Saturday night.  Just a tiny stud.  It's my early 40th b-day present...went ahead and got it early as they were running a Small Business Saturday special and I'd like it to be healed up before the actual day.  However, yesterday morning when I got up, it was flush with my nose and looking dull.  I could push it back up but it wouldn't stay, so went back down there yesterday afternoon and he had to remove it (Ouch, ouch, ouch...hurt worse than the initial piercing due to the swelling and irritation) and put in a longer one.  He is autoclaving the original and will put it back when the swelling goes down and the hole has healed up.  I have always been the "good" girl, following the rules, and this is just something I wanted to do that is not immoral or harmful to anyone, so I decided to go ahead and do it before I get any older.

Today is an at-home day, doing laundry and some general pickup.  I did a beautiful deep-clean of the linen closet Saturday and need to tackle the top shelves of the closet-turned-pantry at some point (did the lower food shelves recently but the top shelves have odds and ends of non-food).  I believe dinner tonight is turkey potpie but need to double check my menu notebook.

Beth, sorry to hear about this bad news for your parents' friends.  It would be sad anytime but especially around the holidays.  Praying for all involved.

Have a great day!

Catherine

Offline fishermanwife

Re: Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 09:25:30 AM »
Good morning!

Catherine how exciting! I have always wanted a nose piercing and tattoo of my childrens name but Im too chicken lol.

Beth, Praying for you and your friends family.

Abby had a Dr apt yesterday for her fractured hand and you could see the small break of pinky bone in her palm but the guy thought it was still in place and mobilized it thru the first of the year said it should heel itself if she doesn't hurt it again.

Lots of cleaning Suppose to be happening this morning but as you can see its break time. Trying to clean and get rid of somet hings to get ready for Christmas. Both older kids have Dr appts at 315 for their ADHD, Dr mentioned last time putting keagan on some new meds for his mood swings they are getting out of control, last night he was yelling at us trying to convince us that we don't love him bc we wont buy him a new Nintendo DS and iphone 5, lots of fun so will be setting up appointments for him to start seeing a counselor also.

Trents surgery is on Friday and I wasn't getting nervous til the weathermen started saying we were going to get lots of ice so now Im going crazy with worry and not sleeping.

Off to try and convince myself to do something, ;D Have a great day everyone!
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 09:58:05 AM »
Good Morning

Finally a day to catch up inside until Dh needs help wrapping pipes with electrical heat tape. I drove kids this morning as we have a couple inches of snow and lots of ice. I stopped by my moms for coffee and some mending help. I have laundry and dishes going. Need to make pumpkin rolls for freezer for baby shower so will put in freezer. I will be gone Thrus_sun so need to do now. Last night we never had time to do trees so will hopefully do tonight. I want kids to help or I would just get it done. Have two pumpkins to cook up so will use those for pumpkin roll. Need to get stuff ready for consignment store to leave off Saturday. I am hoping to work on bookwork today and order some christmas presents online. I need to get stuff ordered as it is taking forever to get stuff shipped right now. Well just made more coffee and it is calling my name.

Have  a great day

Janice

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 10:56:28 AM »
Thank you friends for your prayers.  Karen passed away at 9:46 this morning. 

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline RenKnitter

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 11:01:26 AM »
I am so sorry, Beth.  What a terrible time of year to lose a loved one.

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 11:27:14 AM »
Beth - I am so sorry about your family friend.  How sad and such a difficult time of year.

Denise

Offline hen41500

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 11:37:42 AM »
Praying for your family Beth.

~Heather~

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 11:50:47 AM »
So sorry to hear this update.  Will keep the family in prayer.

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 12:38:09 PM »
So Sorry to hear about your family friend.
We will keep her family and yours in our prayers during this difficult time.
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline wrancher

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 01:32:20 PM »
Oh Beth so sorry to hear this...

Praying for you all........

Janice