Author Topic: 21 Days  (Read 8983 times)

Offline Cathie

21 Days
« on: December 03, 2013, 05:59:07 PM »
Goodness, why does it always seem like I have tons of time then I have none 😜

Anyways I went shopping in the "big" mall today:
Got my gift for Jay from VS 😝😉
Got my nephew a sweater
Got my daughter some clothes
Ordered some stuff off amazon.

Mental note - I need to buy throughout the year better or save the money - this is killing my bank account 😳😜

Offline Proudmama

Re: 21 Days
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 06:42:21 PM »
I hear you, Cathie!  Unfortunately, we are killing our credit card!  Ugh!

Yesterday, Doug took off and we went shopping together.  We bought some clothes for Corey, some clothes and a car kit for Zac, an ornament for Doug's cousin and her boyfriend, an organizer for Molly's bands for her loom kit, a sleeping bag for Corey and some wrapping paper.

After we got home, I ordered some sneakers for Madelyn and some books for Molly, Madelyn and our friend Ed who is basically a brother to both Doug and I.  I also ordered a CD for Doug and today I picked up a gourmet mustard set for him.

Tomorrow I am going to run out and see if I can find a watch and some socks for Corey, a pair of jeans for Madelyn and one or two things for Zac.  I may get a sweatshirt for Doug's aunt, too.

On Thursday, I am going to go through everything and see all that I have and decide what I still need to get.  I may be just about finished the kids other than their stockings.  Doug's mom, sister and aunt asked for various gifts cards so that isn't too difficult.

I still feel very overwhelmed!

Denise

Offline Cathie

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 05:00:11 AM »
You have a good list Denise. 

I'm trying desperately hard no to use any cards.  My accounts look all crappy though.   I am seriously going to start a cash envelope for Christmas next year this is too difficult.  I have been trying to keep track of all my spending so I know how much I am spending.  I still think its more then I wanted to spend. 

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 05:08:44 AM »
Cathie - I know I spent more than I wanted to spend.  I think I am going to put a small amount aside every week next year so I at least have some type of Christmas fund next year.

Denise

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 06:42:32 AM »
Good idea!  I have good intentions each year to do this and somehow never do.  Maybe we need to keep each other accountable in January.  :)

I am so stuck on my mom.  Got my dad covered and just need to mail a couple of things.  I asked my mom for ideas but have yet to receive any...I asked her again yesterday.  Kids are pretty much done, just need something for Maddy's stocking--thinking nail art but need to shop for it.  The tablets for the older four came yesterday and are super nice for under $70.  We were pleasantly surprised...Earl feels it is equal to his Kindle Fire he got last year (not the HD one but does all he needs) and the keyboard and case are very nice quality.

Offline Cathie

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 07:26:59 AM »
Good idea!  I have good intentions each year to do this and somehow never do.  Maybe we need to keep each other accountable in January.  :)

I am so stuck on my mom.  Got my dad covered and just need to mail a couple of things.  I asked my mom for ideas but have yet to receive any...I asked her again yesterday.  Kids are pretty much done, just need something for Maddy's stocking--thinking nail art but need to shop for it.  The tablets for the older four came yesterday and are super nice for under $70.  We were pleasantly surprised...Earl feels it is equal to his Kindle Fire he got last year (not the HD one but does all he needs) and the keyboard and case are very nice quality.

I think that is an awesome idea Cath

have you seen the savings plan for the 52 weeks a year thing? I'll see if I can find it and post it.  I am thinking of something like this but on a more personal scale

ie:
if I think I need $800.00 for Christmas I would divide $800 by 52 weeks or so $15.38 a week or divide by 24 if you get paid twice a month - $33.33 a pay

I think I am going to sit down and figure this out today - this makes so much more sense for me cause this all a once crap has got to stop  ;)

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 07:57:34 AM »

have you seen the savings plan for the 52 weeks a year thing? I'll see if I can find it and post it.  I am thinking of something like this but on a more personal scale

ie:
if I think I need $800.00 for Christmas I would divide $800 by 52 weeks or so $15.38 a week or divide by 24 if you get paid twice a month - $33.33 a pay

I think I am going to sit down and figure this out today - this makes so much more sense for me cause this all a once crap has got to stop  ;)

Sounds good.  I just need to figure out a place to put it and leave it alone.   :o

Offline Cathie

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 08:14:03 AM »

ie:

Sounds good.  I just need to figure out a place to put it and leave it alone.   :o

oh you and me both!!!
I think I am going to have to hide it REALLY well

Offline Cathie

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 08:20:51 AM »
ok I figure out my amount - it's a little higher then I'd like it to be but I decided to try and include everything in there.

I am going to save $1200.00 - so a $100.00 a month. 

Good luck everyone  ;)

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 11:01:08 AM »
I went shopping this morning and got Corey and Zac both a pair of shoes - they were buy one get one half off which was a really good deal.  Then I went to the mall and got Madelyn a pair of jeans and a scarf and all of the kids boxes of candy from Gertrude Hawkins.  After that I went to Boscov's and got Doug's aunt two sweatshirts, his mom one sweatshirt, Corey a watch and a few pairs of dress socks and some socks and a couple of bow ties for Zachary.  And then my head started to hurt so I came home!

Tomorrow I will be home all day so I will take everything out, sort it and decide what I still need to get.  Off the top of my head, I know I need gift cards for Doug's family, a book and a gift card for Ed and stocking stuff for the kids.  I may go to Barnes & Noble next week and see if I can get a book for each of the boys.

Denise

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 11:17:48 AM »
I'm beginning to get that panicked feeling  :o

I feel like I haven't gotten everybody "enough".  Ugh. 

I hate guilt.

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Cathie

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 11:21:38 AM »
I'm beginning to get that panicked feeling  :o

I feel like I haven't gotten everybody "enough".  Ugh. 

I hate guilt.

Beth

aww Beth - you have plenty - they will be happy with their gifts  :-*

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 11:22:35 AM »
Welcome to the club, Beth!  I do that every single year and then get mad at myself for doing it.  And if you saw the amount of things everyone got, you would smack me. Ugh!

Denise

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 11:33:24 AM »
Well girls, it is what it is. 

There's no extra money anywhere in the Moore coffers for more gifts.  I am going to get Aaron some batteries and a memory card for the game cam and I will get his girlfriend a rifle sling from Tractor Supply and that will be it.  Sam gets paid Thursday afternoon so I'll get those few things bought this weekend and be done with it. 

I may buy my parents a giftcard to the Golden Corral that opened up in our new shopping center, I'll have to see how it all plays out with the paycheck.

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2013, 11:56:52 AM »
You all are doing so much better than I have this year. I have bought nothing. I am making drawstring backpacks, knitted ear warmers, and pillowcases for each of the grandkids. I will also do a goody bag for everyone. I will buy one of those calendars where you peal off a sheet each day for my mom. She enjoys the cats.  ;) Kevin ordered a subscription to 'Good Old Days' for his mom. That is it. We each recently got Memo Pads HD, so we are calling those our gifts to each other. Our kids asked that the adults not exchange gifts this year, so I am honoring that request. It just feels so weird to not give my kids a gift. I have always made sure they had something.  :'( I hope I am not depressed on Christmas because of this decision. I might still get the stuff and make some candy for each family. No cookies, because I don't keep regular flour on hand. I don't even like to bake with it anymore.  :( 

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie