Author Topic: Wed Dec 4th  (Read 2003 times)

Offline Cathie

Wed Dec 4th
« on: December 04, 2013, 09:23:17 AM »
Good morning ~

I'm having a rather slow day today - I can't seem to get my act together.

I am trying to make menu plans and I am soooooooooo horrible at it but I will keep plugging away at this  ;)

I am also doing some housecleaning, the packages from Amazon have started to arrive  ;) and I need to check them as well.

I also have my kitchen to clean desperately and I need to finish decorating - I've been really slow - I'm going through and getting rid of things as I go  ;)

have a great day everyone

Offline wrancher

Re: Wed Dec 4th
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 10:38:24 AM »
Good Morning

Winter storm is going strong here!  The school started at 10 but we are not sending kids. Really blowing and hard to see. So we got Christmas decorting done and put away. Of course laundry and dishes are churning away. We just have to finish hot gluing stuff on diaper cake and next I will make the pumpkin rolls. I baked the pumpkins yesterday and scooped them out today. I will take each kid through each of their rooms for the final tidy up. Most are good just a few things need mothers touch. I will take box of papers done and sort through tonight. Our main projects today are cleaning out refridge and walk in cooler and straightening up utility room. Then work with kids on flash cards and basketball this afternoon. Need to find seam ripper for DD to rip out waistband on pj pants to put new elastic in.  Also figure out Christmas cards and order presents and do bokwork, etc. ugh I have more to do than I think. Better get going

Have a great day
Janice

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 12:33:41 PM »
Afternoon, ladies!

I've done general straightening today. Need to finish the laundry up. I mated socks last evening. UGH. Normally I don't mind. But I tell you, I think every single sock we own was in that basket. Took me forever.

Remember how I couldnt wait to get my ''real'' tree this year. I didnt even do it. I saved the money and just put up my old one. It's still a tree! I'm blessed to have it so why not use it.

I am almost done with all of my christmas shopping. I need to get some stocking stuffers. I have everything already wrapped. Which disappoints me. I LOVE TO WRAP GIFTS! How are you all doing on your shopping?

Well I've got to go wash the lunch dishes. My kitchen table needs straightened up too. My, its like a catch all for all of Chads stuff!

Have a good one girls!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 12:59:28 PM »
Good Morning

Winter storm is going strong here!  The school started at 10 but we are not sending kids. Really blowing and hard to see. So we got Christmas decorting done and put away. Of course laundry and dishes are churning away. We just have to finish hot gluing stuff on diaper cake and next I will make the pumpkin rolls. I baked the pumpkins yesterday and scooped them out today. I will take each kid through each of their rooms for the final tidy up. Most are good just a few things need mothers touch. I will take box of papers done and sort through tonight. Our main projects today are cleaning out refridge and walk in cooler and straightening up utility room. Then work with kids on flash cards and basketball this afternoon. Need to find seam ripper for DD to rip out waistband on pj pants to put new elastic in.  Also figure out Christmas cards and order presents and do bokwork, etc. ugh I have more to do than I think. Better get going

Have a great day
Janice

If we got 2" of snow here, school would be cancelled, lol.  :P  In all fairness, there are no salt trucks, though.  Once when my kids were in school, they cancelled b/c the high temp was going to be 8.  Crazy, huh?  :D

Offline wrancher

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 03:26:05 PM »
Funny. My kids would LOVE to be where you live!  By 8:30 they were like can we go back to school now because of all the chores I was wanting done. Really if they just listened to me on the 1st time I told them it wont take so long.  What is all your secrets to getting kids to just do it right away and to not fight each other.  Believe me I am pulling out the Christmas threat of no presents!! Ha

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 03:53:35 PM »
Funny. My kids would LOVE to be where you live!  By 8:30 they were like can we go back to school now because of all the chores I was wanting done. Really if they just listened to me on the 1st time I told them it wont take so long.  What is all your secrets to getting kids to just do it right away and to not fight each other.  Believe me I am pulling out the Christmas threat of no presents!! Ha

I don't have any of those secrets...still waiting to figure that out myself.  :)