Author Topic: Friday, December 6th, 2013  (Read 1388 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Friday, December 6th, 2013
« on: December 06, 2013, 04:07:02 AM »
Good morning!

Up way too early again.  Was having a little trouble breathing so got up to use a homeopathic spray for asthma, then decided to look out at how much snow fell during the night, then decided I needed some Cranberry Wassail (have it going in the crockpot), so here I am.  I turned the electric blanket on when I got up so I will probably crawl back into my nice warm bed soon now that I've been up an hour.  It's freezing (not literally, ha) out here in the dining room.  Really only 64 but my hands are cold.  Times like this I really wish we had a way to burn wood, stove or fireplace or something.  It would be so cozy.

The boys went over to spend the night with our adopted "family" last night, so it will just be the girls and I home today.  Last I heard, post is on a delay only, so Earl said he'd be going in at normal time so he doesn't have to stay late.  The roads aren't good but he doesn't get paid if he's off, being a contractor.  If post actually closes, he could do some work from home and have it count...most of his job is on the computer anyway.

I think we have pizza on the menu.  Unfortunately, my food processor shredder plate is broken, so it's either grate the cheese all by hand, skip the pizza, or maybe just dice or slice it.  I've done that before for smaller amounts so we'll see. I was thinking I might mix it up and make a meal from the very last of the turkey to get it gone.

Have a great day everyone, and stay warm if you're in the path of Cleon.  Oh, and did y'all read about Deon shaping up to come next?  Did I miss Beon...don't remember a named winter storm before Cleon.  :P  Hoping we get some snow out of Deon, too.  :)

Catherine

Offline wrancher

Re: Friday, December 6th, 2013
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 05:56:11 AM »
Good Morning

We went to DDs game last night. They played good 29-2 we won.  Unfortunately today is bitter cold temps.  and we have ortho appts. We neeed to leave by 7 to be there by 910. The 2 DDs get their applicances at that time and DS is suppose to go back at 250 but I am going to make them do it all at once. As soon as I finish errands I will get for home.But that could take till aorund 1 if we hustle. Then DD I get our bags packed as next day we have to be in the city for a 2 day tourney. Then I will head back around 11 on Sunday for a baby shower I am hosting. Be glad to have everything done. I feel quilty leaving DH home to do chores.Only 1 kid is home today so a friend needed a place for her son today so he got to come last night and will help DS and DH, Helps their moods anyways. Better check the laundry and dishes then get kids going. Yes the morning temp is   -18 and feels like -26  I so want to be in a tropical place right now. And take the cows with me and I wouldnt have to break water for them. HA

Have a good day
Janice

Offline Cathie

Re: Friday, December 6th, 2013
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 06:03:05 AM »
Cath - I hope you get warm.  It was 66 outside yesterday and will be around 29 today 😳 can you say 😳😳😳

Janice - have a good day and stay warm.

Good morning - Happy St Nicks Day. 

I need to get lunches made, laundry going and cleaning.  I will finish decorating the house today. I'm behind but I have been sorting and getting rid of stuff as I go.

I need to get the pizza dough done and organize dinner for the rest of my family cause I'll be leaving early with my oldest daughter and her and I will go to Canada to do the candle lit Christmas walk through my most favorite town EVER.  I will need to be dressed in layers.  I think I will bake some molasses cookies for us to bring and we will make tea before we leave so there will be no need to buy anything. 

Have a blessed day everyone.