Author Topic: Monday, December 9, 2013  (Read 3717 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, December 9, 2013
« on: December 09, 2013, 05:30:57 AM »
Good Morning

Back from the basketball tourney and baby shower. Bball was good they got 5th. They lost 1 game by 1point or they would have won tourney if we didnt get terrible refs. Believe me I am not the mom yelling at refs or anything but just that game was horrible. Baby shower was  good lots of nice gifts and people. I forgot to count. Today is back to the cold and helping dh with chores. I hate chopping water but has to be done. My dream is tank heaters at every watertank (hey even  watertank) Electricity is the problem. So on the homefront is laundry, dishes and bookwork. Lots of bookwork. DDs birthday is Thrusday so preparing for that.

Have a great day

Janice

Offline Cheryl

Re: Monday, December 9, 2013
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 06:05:28 AM »
Good morning, Janice & everyone. :)

Today begins the second week that my husband has been out of work.  He works in a quarry and it's been raining around here for a week.  They can't work when it's wet like this, so he's been home and I've been trying not to pull my hair out worrying about finances. 

I have lots of laundry to do today but if the sun doesn't peak out I'll be drying it on the wood stove and on drying racks.  I have school to do with Emily and we need to run to the library sometime today.

Supper is sausage and pepper stir-fry.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 07:15:57 AM »
Oh Cheryl...I am so sorry.  I am praying for your situation.  I understand completely.  Feel free to vent, ramble and think out loud. 

Today is dreary, drizzly, chilly day.  Ugh.....soooo not my happy place.  :P

I"ll be doing laundry today and drying it on my indoor line that's down my hallway.  I'll also use the rack and hang the pants over the baby fence that's around the woodstove.  It's 82* in the living room so it shouldn't take long for those pants to dry.  ;)

Other than laundry, I"ll just be taking care of the boys and straighening up from the weekend. 

Supper tonight is biscuits and gravy and scrambled eggs.

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 07:38:00 AM »
Good morning!

Schools closed here again today because the side roads are so bad.  It was still below freezing yesterday but, with the sun out, things started melting just a bit.  But then the sun went down and it all refroze.  Thursday, we're supposed to get above freezing so maybe it will disappear at that point.

So, we're at home today.  It was nice to get out for church and a Christmas party yesterday.  Today will involve some baking, I think, and packing a box for my parents.  Schoolwork, of course, and lots of snuggling.  Thinking I may bump that heat up to 67 or 68 in a minute when I go to get my shower.  And then put on some wool socks after, lol.

Cheryl, praying for you all and that you get working weather again soon.

Have a great week everyone!
Catherine

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 08:04:30 AM »
Good Morning Everyone!

Will be praying for your family Cheryl we have been there, hubby works at a poultry processing plant and apparently it got too hot this summer for a lot of the birds so he was only working about 2.5 days a week for the longest time.

The kids are out again today bc the side roads are too iced over. We lost power for about 3 hrs Thursday for Friday night I cant remember which. So glad it has stayed on since then. We finally got out yesterday to go see the Christmas train it was really neat they just don't give you enough time inside to look at everything. Hubbys work was canceled today bc the poultry trucks cant get from the farms to the plant I hope the roads look better tomorrow.

I got the most shocking Christmas present ever yesterday. The guy we are buying our home and land from thru a private loan stopped by and asked how it was gong I figured he was just checking on the heater, pipes ect bc even though we are responsible for fixing them he has good reliable cheap conections. Anyways he told me Merry Christmas and gave me Cash in the amount of our mortgage payment! He said he it was cash bc the check had their name on it so they had to cash it but that they sometimes do this kind of thing when they have buyers who have children around Christmas time. I was so shocked I told him he didn't have to do that but he wouldn't listen I felt bad for taking his money, I told him thank you and he left I just cried. I wasn't sure what to do with the money bc I don't want to waste it and the kids Christmas is already bought so I put half in Savings, gave hubby $30 to buy a light thing that goes on top of the propane bottles and kept $200 for gas money for the 2 out of town trips around Christmas. Such a blessing! I feel we need to do something for them I told hubby maybe a $50 gift card to red lobster or something.

Off to switch the laundry and get the house cleaned I really need to get it done so I can put the tree up today Im running behind.
Have a great day everyone!
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 08:11:22 AM »
Good Morning Everyone!

Will be praying for your family Cheryl we have been there, hubby works at a poultry processing plant and apparently it got too hot this summer for a lot of the birds so he was only working about 2.5 days a week for the longest time.

The kids are out again today bc the side roads are too iced over. We lost power for about 3 hrs Thursday for Friday night I cant remember which. So glad it has stayed on since then. We finally got out yesterday to go see the Christmas train it was really neat they just don't give you enough time inside to look at everything. Hubbys work was canceled today bc the poultry trucks cant get from the farms to the plant I hope the roads look better tomorrow.

I got the most shocking Christmas present ever yesterday. The guy we are buying our home and land from thru a private loan stopped by and asked how it was gong I figured he was just checking on the heater, pipes ect bc even though we are responsible for fixing them he has good reliable cheap conections. Anyways he told me Merry Christmas and gave me Cash in the amount of our mortgage payment! He said he it was cash bc the check had their name on it so they had to cash it but that they sometimes do this kind of thing when they have buyers who have children around Christmas time. I was so shocked I told him he didn't have to do that but he wouldn't listen I felt bad for taking his money, I told him thank you and he left I just cried. I wasn't sure what to do with the money bc I don't want to waste it and the kids Christmas is already bought so I put half in Savings, gave hubby $30 to buy a light thing that goes on top of the propane bottles and kept $200 for gas money for the 2 out of town trips around Christmas. Such a blessing! I feel we need to do something for them I told hubby maybe a $50 gift card to red lobster or something.

Off to switch the laundry and get the house cleaned I really need to get it done so I can put the tree up today Im running behind.
Have a great day everyone!

Wow, Norma, what a blessing!  Sounds like a great guy.

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 08:16:07 AM »
Sorry I've been missing for a bit.  I've had a rough few weeks.  We've been sick with 4 different viruses in the last 6 weeks and this last one caused Liam to stop breathing and have a febrile seizure.  I had to call 911 and spend a day in the ER with him.  Then the next day my mom went into kidney failure and spent some time in ICU.  Both are doing ok now, but it's been a crazy time.  3 Of us are still sick with this latest virus.  I feel like I'm breathing under water.  It's rather awful.

Anyway, that's why I've been away and I'm hoping the worst is past so I can enjoy being a homemaker again.

On my list today is just to get the kitchen back under control and keep us all from getting sicker. 

Dinner tonight will be leftovers.
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 08:21:04 AM »
Oh my Shelly, Praying you guys all get better soon!

I guess he is a great guy! I have been one the fence about him bc hes a man and sends mixed messages about stuff lol like I can say something and he doesn't hear me or says its nothing but my hubby and say the exact same thing and get a real answer from him. But I guess he just earned some brownie points.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 08:35:05 AM »
Shelly, I'll be praying for you and your family.  Hope you all feel better soon.

Norma, that was an amazing blessing!  I'm happy for you!  :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline hen41500

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 09:37:35 AM »
That's awesome Norma! I was tearing up just reading about it.
Oh Shelly, you have had a rough time indeed. I'm praying for you and your family as well!

~Heather~

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 10:25:39 AM »
Good morning ladies!

Haven't posted in the daily in a few days but I enjoy reading what you all are up to. 

Yesterday was a wonderfully productive day and I am hoping that continues today.  So far so good.  I am taking a quick break and having a piece of cranberry coconut scone that just came out of the oven.  Its yummy!

It sure is cold here.  Was -10 earlier.  Brrr!  Its warming up now.. currently 2 degrees  ;)   We're staying in until Trevor swims and then we pick up Parker and he is spending the night.  Haven't seen him in a week or so and I miss my little buddy.  Should be a fun evening.

Dinner tonight is chicken cordon bleu casserole, steamed broccoli and salad. 

Shelly - glad Liam is better now and I am praying you are all on the mend!

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2013, 11:03:43 AM »
Good afternoon!

I don't often post but I do read everyday and enjoy keeping up with everyone.

We had quite the surprise snowstorm yesterday!  They were calling for a dusting to an inch or two and it was supposed to start around 3:00 p.m.  It started much earlier, was much heavier and we wound up with about 8 inches!!  The roads were terrible and Doug slid off the road when we tried to take Zachary's car in for inspection.  We turned around and are going to take the car tonight.  We are supposed to get more snow tomorrow.

Because the roads were so bad, the girls were stuck at my SIL's.  They had stayed over on Saturday and helped her decorate her tree.  They were going to come home after lunch yesterday but the roads were just too bad.  Doug and I had a very nice quiet weekend which was a wonderful surprise!

The schools had a two hour delay this morning so I drove over to my SIL's, got the girls and drove them to school.  I was grateful for the delay so I didn't have to rush over there this morning.  They would have been happier with a day off but a delay is better than nothing!

Once they get home, both girls have a ton of work to do.  Both had a little bit of work that was due later this week but they both planned on starting it yesterday.  Since their books were here and they were at my SIL's, that didn't happen.  Hopefully they get it finished quickly.

I don't have much planned for today.  I have done some laundry and straightened up a bit and put some apples in the crockpot for dinner.  I will read a bit this afternoon.  When Doug gets home, we have to drive Zachary's car to the mechanic so they can inspect it tomorrow.  Hopefully, we will make it this time!

Dinner tonight is gingerbread waffles and apples.

Denise