Author Topic: 15 days  (Read 3156 times)

Offline Cathie

15 days
« on: December 09, 2013, 11:54:37 AM »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm hiding in the corner, thanks, bring wine!

Offline Proudmama

Re: 15 days
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 12:02:23 PM »
Shut up, Cathie!!!!!   😜😝😜😝

Doug and I went out on Saturday and picked up a book for Ed and a pair of pj's for Madelyn.  I also bought a few things for the kids' stockings the other day.  I am trying to figure out when I can go shopping again this week.  It is supposed to snow tomorrow and we are driving up to get Zachary on Friday.  I may do my food shopping on Wednesday and then shop on Thursday.  Molly has a dentist appointment at 8:00 on Thursday so I could be out nice and early.

The girls are staying at my SIL's on Friday night so Doug is going to start wrapping the gifts that night.

I feel a little more panicked each day!

Denise

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 12:14:50 PM »
Aside from our stupid card order (grrrrrr....) I think I'm done!  Items in italics have been made/purchased already. 

Mom
Body Shop coconut set (bought the Groupon for it, just haven't redeemed it yet)
Bath & Body Works Hand soap
Sparkle socks (One done, the other started)

Dad
John Grisham Novel
Mixed nuts
2' Snow gauge
iTunes gift card
(he just upgraded to an iPhone and bought an iPad!)

Jean's Mom & her husband
2' Snow gauge

Brother & SIL
Opting out of gift-giving

Nieces
Hair Accessories board
Nail stickers
Lip Smackers
Hair bands

Hair Accessories

Animal blocks

Boss
Wine book

Mailman
Gift Card??

JeanBean Christmas Eve Box
PJ pants
Christmas DVD

JeanBean 12 Days of Christmas
1- David Ford book
2- Redskins play book
3- Wii game (Madden 25)
4- iPhone stand
5- iTunes GC
6- Card game
7- Wireless shower speaker
8- Alamo Drafthouse gift card
9- Handyman book
10- Redskins lottery scratchers
11- Big Bang Theory season 5
12- Tool playing cards

JeanBean Christmas Stocking
Magazine
Candy

JeanBean Christmas Day
Wine book
Something else...can't remember!

J and I go a little crazy for one another at Christmas time :).  One of the perks of not being able to have kids - WE get to be the kids on Christmas!  We will spend the 24th with his family (probably...if they can figure out what the heck they want to do), and then spend the evening at church (6-midnight).  The two of us will celebrate here on Christmas Day, and then go to my parent's to celebrate with them and my brother, SIL, and nieces on the 26th.

All decorations are up, I just need to wrap gifts.  I am also hosting my church knitting ladies group (ahem...more of a wine-drinking group ;)) on the 20th, so I'll need to prepare for that when it gets closer to the date.

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Cathie

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 12:31:40 PM »
Denise - you shut up 😂😂😂😜

Mandy - love your list.  I'd live to do the 12 days sometime with Jay.   We will see 😘

I have just wrapped 2 presents. 
Hand me an award!

I'm waiting 😬😂💋

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 12:35:05 PM »

Mandy - love your list.  I'd live to do the 12 days sometime with Jay.   We will see 😘

Hand me an award!

I'm waiting 😬😂💋

Here's a cookie, Cath.  I say we just give up and go join Mandy and the knitting (er, wine-drinking) group.  At least then we won't care, lol.  ;)

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 12:55:48 PM »
I agree that we should just join Mandy's group!  I would also love to do the 12 days some year with Doug.  Maybe once the kids are mostly gone.  If you just did little things and bought them throughout the year, it could be relatively inexpensive.

I forgot to mention that I made Doug's fruitcakes on Saturday while he was at work.  I have been making them for him for five years now I think.  I found a recipe on the old Hillbilly Housewife website and he really likes it.  I positively hate fruitcake so have absolutely no idea how it tastes!

Cathie - 😘

Denise

Offline Cathie

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 01:00:27 PM »

Hand me an award!

I'm waiting 😬😂💋

Here's a cookie, Cath.  I say we just give up and go join Mandy and the knitting (er, wine-drinking) group.  At least then we won't care, lol.  ;)

Haha I could so do that 😂😜

Offline Cathie

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 01:02:05 PM »
I agree that we should just join Mandy's group!  I would also love to do the 12 days some year with Doug.  Maybe once the kids are mostly gone.  If you just did little things and bought them throughout the year, it could be relatively inexpensive.

I forgot to mention that I made Doug's fruitcakes on Saturday while he was at work.  I have been making them for him for five years now I think.  I found a recipe on the old Hillbilly Housewife website and he really likes it.  I positively hate fruitcake so have absolutely no idea how it tastes!

Cathie - 😘

Denise

I agree, I think you could do it relatively cheap throught the year. 

Maybe one day 😜

Good job on the fruit cake

Offline Cathie

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 01:02:36 PM »
I've wrapped 10 presents - I'm unstoppable 😂😂😂😂

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 01:13:29 PM »
I tell myself that I'll pick up things throughout the year, and I sort of do.  Many of the items are cheeeaaaap - the cards, iPhone stand, and a few other items were from the dollar/cheap section at Target.

As for the 'knitting' group - the more the merrier!  It started when a few ladies said they would love to get together and knit.  We set a plan, and then I discovered that none of them actually knew how to knit, they wanted me to tech them!  I tried (and still try!), but most of the time we all just end up drinking wine, eating yummy food, and chatting.  So fun!

M
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Cathie

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 01:14:34 PM »
I tell myself that I'll pick up things throughout the year, and I sort of do.  Many of the items are cheeeaaaap - the cards, iPhone stand, and a few other items were from the dollar/cheap section at Target.

As for the 'knitting' group - the more the merrier!  It started when a few ladies said they would love to get together and knit.  We set a plan, and then I discovered that none of them actually knew how to knit, they wanted me to tech them!  I tried (and still try!), but most of the time we all just end up drinking wine, eating yummy food, and chatting.  So fun!

M

M - sounds heavenly to me 😬❤💋

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2013, 01:35:29 PM »

M

Oh, that's hilarious!  Sounds like a lot of fun, either way!

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2013, 01:45:28 PM »
I need to get it in gear....but I just have lost all motivation.  >:(

Let's see...we really need to decorate.   I just HATE to decorate.  Ugh....I know, I know...I sound like a Scrouge.  I"m really trying to enjoy the season but I haven't found it yet. We do have a poinsetta on the dining room table.  Does that count for something?  It's sad though....it was from Karen's funeral and Greg gave my parents one, my sister one and us one.  Kind of sucks the joy right out of it.   

I still need to get Aaron's batteries and memory card and his girlfriend a rifle sling.  Yeah....that really needs to happen in the next few days.   :-\

Beth

Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Cathie

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, 01:57:24 PM »
I need to get it in gear....but I just have lost all motivation.  >:(

Let's see...we really need to decorate.   I just HATE to decorate.  Ugh....I know, I know...I sound like a Scrouge.  I"m really trying to enjoy the season but I haven't found it yet. We do have a poinsetta on the dining room table.  Does that count for something?  It's sad though....it was from Karen's funeral and Greg gave my parents one, my sister one and us one.  Kind of sucks the joy right out of it.   

I still need to get Aaron's batteries and memory card and his girlfriend a rifle sling.  Yeah....that really needs to happen in the next few days.   :-\

Beth

I'll be praying for you Beth.  Loss at this time of the year is very difficult.  Just keep decorating simple and focus on the kids ❤💋

Offline Cathie

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2013, 02:08:06 PM »
I did make these.   Let me rephrase that - I bought all the supplies explained to the teenager my idea and made her assemble them. 😜

One for my Mom and one for mil