Author Topic: Tuesday, December 10, 2013  (Read 2053 times)

Offline wrancher

Tuesday, December 10, 2013
« on: December 10, 2013, 05:34:36 AM »
Good Morning

Its 12 and feels like 3. High today of 26 which is about the average all week. YEAH above 0  temps. Will feel like summer. HA

DH and I are going Christmas shopping either today or tomorrow. We usually do this blitz shopping spree. It would be easier to just do myself. He doesnt really want to go but yet he does. It will be fine once we get there. He will feed and I will break waters.

If I stay home it is the usual dishes, laundry and bookwork. If I go it is still the same minus the bookwork. Nothing real exciting as DDs last 2 games of season are Friday and Saturday. Then let the traveling team begin. The 5th grade coach wants her to go with them and with 4th grade if she doesnt go with them they wont have a team.  She will pry do the 4th and if they dont go she could go with the 5th grade.

Heading to get my coffee
Janice

Offline Cathie

Re: Tuesday, December 10, 2013
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 05:55:15 AM »
Alright I just typed an response it all went away

short version:

it's cold
I LOVE Tuesday
It's cold
I have a fire

I gotta go  ;)

have a good day everyone  8)

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 08:04:41 AM »
Kids went to school woohoo  ;D, having my coffee without any fighting over toys or tv very relaxing.
Must go to the store today bc everything yummy and fresh is gone, craving me some cutie oranges and gala apples.
Spent a few minutes this morning dealing with at&t for the 3rd time this month bc my bill wasn't reading right , our phones use to warn us when we were about to use all our data 300mb but one day sitting on my desk where I have wifi my phone starts going off with about 6 texts saying I used over 600mb, so I finally go that straight so I thought, but the bill says not and this new guy says my bill will update on the 12th(why put out a wrong bill in the first place) but then tries to get me to buy a bigger data plan so I pulled his "talk" on him and said if you look under usage tab you will see I only used 71mb last month and 159 the month before so why do I need to buy a bigger plan? lol you could tell he wasn't very happy so I told him thanks for his help and to have a great day to which he replied happy holidays.

Guess I will start the laundry and make a store list so I don't go crazy, have a Great day everyone!
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 08:14:46 AM »
Good morning!

I'm online reading blogs about purging household items.  Every year I get the urge to purge. ;D  I really want to declutter my house and I'm getting inspiration.

Not much going on here today.  Husband is still off work and the forecast isn't looking too good for the next few days, but we'll be okay.

Supper tonight is chicken tenders, potatoes, and ? Will figure out a veggie later.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 08:36:02 AM »
Good morning!

We have bright cheerful sun this morning and are at 11 degrees, but are supposed to get all the way up to 40 today!  I really have enjoyed being stuck home (aside from church because Earl could drive, lol) but Maddy gets her braces on in the morning so I need to have better roads for that.  :) 

Trying to finalize my Azure order today (deadline is tomorrow) and work a little on menu planning for January.  Most of my Azure order that I'll order tomorrow for delivery the 18th will actually be for January, so I think I will count most of it for January's budget as well.  Also reading The Money Saving Mom's Budget book.  Our library didn't have it but I requested that they get it (they have an online form where you can do that) so they did order it and I got to read it first.  Apparently, the new director is making customer requests a priority when choosing new books (as long as the budget holds out) so I've requested 3-4 the past several months and they ordered all of them.  Plus, I like to think I'm helping them improve their selection, lol, by suggesting stuff by "real" authors with common sense like Crystal Paine, Joel Salatin, etc... .

In other news, I won a giveaway on the Homestead Honey blog yesterday and am getting 3 sessions of personal coaching in January, plus a book suggested by the coach.  Excited to do this in January to start the new year off right.  :)

Dinner tonight is a stir fry with orange sauce, mixed veggies, water chestnuts, and served with rice.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 09:55:24 AM »
Good morning!

Today is a snow day!  I hope Doug doesn't get stuck at work.  The girls and I are just hanging out here watching TV and drinking warm apple cider.  We will probably watch a Christmas movie or two later.  I am also doing laundry and have rolls rising for dinner.

Hopefully, the roads are good tomorrow.  Madelyn is getting her braces off and then we are going to a celebratory lunch.  Molly was supposed to have her chorus concert tonight but it has been rescheduled until tomorrow night.  We will have to juggle that with getting Madelyn to dance class, too.

Dinner tonight is cheeseburgers, oven roasted potatoes and a black bean and corn salad.

Denise

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 09:56:51 AM »
Denise,

Do you have a recipe or a link to the black bean and corn salad?

Thanks

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 09:59:41 AM »
Beth - I have some leftover black beans from when I made chili on Sunday.  I am going to mix them with a can or two of corn and toss them with a bit of olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and sugar.  Basically - just winging it!

Denise

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 10:38:01 AM »
Sounds good Denise. 

If I remember correctly, that's about how I made it back in the summer.  I think I may have used lime juice in place of the vinegar though.  And I vaguely remember cumin??  maybe??

I love black beans and corn.   :D

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 11:57:16 AM »
Beth - I would use lime but I am out of limes, it has been snowing, it is cold, I don't have any money and we all know I hate to leave the house!!  Vinegar it is then!  I may add a bit of chopped jalapeņo and may put a dash of cumin or chili powder in there, too.

Denise