Author Topic: Wednesday, December 11, 2013  (Read 1407 times)

Offline Cheryl

Wednesday, December 11, 2013
« on: December 11, 2013, 05:27:05 AM »
Good morning!

I've been awake for hours so thought I'd just get up and start my day.

It's cold outside but toasty warm in here by the wood stove.  I'm going to have my coffee and read my bible while Emily is still asleep.  After while, I'll go let the hens out in the pen and feed & water all the outside animals.  Tony finally got to go back to work today!  He's been off over a week due to the weather.

Today I'd like to get school done with Emily and start deep cleaning my house.  I'd like to have this done before Christmas.  My granddaughter's birthday party is Saturday and I need to wrap her gift.  Other than that, it's just a normal day and that's perfectly fine with me. ;)

Supper tonight is stuffed shells and a tossed salad with homemade ranch dressing.  Have a great day, everyone!  :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline hen41500

Re: Wednesday, December 11, 2013
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 08:20:58 AM »
Happy Wednesday!   Everytime I say that, I think of Winnie The Pooh, HA.ha.   Its COLD! In southern Arizona we don't usually get below the mid 50's or perhaps a little lower in January/Feb but the past 3 days have been cold. I'm sorry for those who truly live in a colder climate, I'm a wimp ::)    It's been in the 40's and I'm dreaming of Spring!  Got all the little darlings out the door to school and am now having some coffee. Only 1 appt today, then back home. I'm trying to put together little candy bags for the kids Christmas party Sunday night at church with some free candy that I got at CVS.  I'm currently working on the menu for the remaining of December, Lord willing I'll get that done today. Hubby's work Christmas party is Friday night so he's in and out getting things prepared for that. Tonight is church so dinner will need to be quick....whatever that might be still needs to be determined :P  Have a WONDERFUL day ladies!

~Heather~

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 08:40:21 AM »
Good morning!

It's beautiful out today, sunny again.  The snow is mostly still on the yards but most of the ice melted off the streets yesterday due to the sun and getting up to 40.  Today's high will be 35.  Still, feels warm after the weekend, lol.

The girls have play practice at 4:30 today, then the boys will head to church at 5:30, I will drop Maddy at youth group (at our church) at 5:45, then drive just shy of 30 miles to the town where we used to live for choir practice at 6:15.  A friend's mom passed away, I guess Monday, and I can't really afford to do flowers but am going to go sing with the choir for the funeral.  Used to do this quite often when we lived there.  The Methodist choir was quite good at the time and we even sang at some funerals at other churches sometimes  (Catholic, Baptist, etc...).

Dinner, well, I don't usually plan dinner for Wednesday due to the kids and Earl being gone.  But since I switched a meal or two around this month, I have the ingredients for a soup I didn't make and was thinking of putting that in the crockpot.  That way, I can eat before I leave and we'll have leftovers for a lunch one day this week.  Maddy got her braces on this morning so will probably appreciate some soups this week.  :)

Going to get a load of laundry going, straighten up the kitchen, then do bills for tomorrow and work on some planning stuff.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 10:59:18 AM »
Good Morning

After kids left for school I got right out and chopped all the tanks of water while DH fed with feed wagon. He had to take it in to town to have a longer discharge put on so it went to welding shop. We will get it tonight. So I went and picked him up from that and mailed back a broken cell phone I sold on gazelle. So I have been doing the usual laundry, dishes and picking up although I am not done with any of them. ugh DDs birthday sleep over tomorrow night and cupcakes for school and bball practice and cake for bday. ugh Still need to make 1 more batch of cupcakes and decorate all of them. Slow and steady I will get caught up. I definitely have bookwork also. DH and my shopping trip yesterday was shortened when we came out of Cableas to major blowing snow. So we headed home early to not get snowed in. Well better start washing these floors that I have put off long enough. 

Have a great day
Janice