Author Topic: Thursday, December 12th, 2013  (Read 1861 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Thursday, December 12th, 2013
« on: December 12, 2013, 08:14:01 AM »
Good morning!

I feel like I'm running late this morning.  :P  Didn't sleep all that well and kept waking up covered in cats, well, almost.  One on each side and one on top of me and the border collie at my feet.  Then I had to use my asthma meds about 4 AM.  Anyway, moving slow this morning.

This afternoon, we are meeting with some of the other homeschoolers to make crafts, then are heading to the VA Center to sing for the veterans who live there.

Today is payday, woo-hoo!  Except I paid bills yesterday and have $19 for the next couple of weeks, so it's not as exciting as it could be.  Oh well, at least bills are paid.  I took the girls for haircuts yesterday but had bought the prepaid card when I got mine cut which takes a few dollars off the price of each haircut.  We also went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch because the four younger kids all had cards good for a free kids' meal.  So I only had to buy for Maddy and myself.  If I had done bills first, I probably wouldn't have gone anyway, but it is what it is and we enjoyed it after being at home so much the past week.

Need to consult my menu plan as to what's for dinner tonight.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Thursday, December 12th, 2013
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 09:12:26 AM »
So where is everyone?  I feel like I'm talking to myself on here this morning, lol.

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 09:31:51 AM »
Good Morning

When I get computer time in mornings it is usually on my laptop and I cant remember my login to get on the computer. ugh So here I am. I went out burned the garbage and choppedwater at 2 bunches and Dh went to do the others while I came in to get ready for DDs birthday sleepover tonight. She forgot her cupcakes for school so either DH or I will run into her and run a few errands. For today I have to frost 30 more cupcakes for basketball practice and frost a cake for tonight at home. I am thinking I need 1 more batch of frosting though. I am making lasgane, corn, salad and garlic bread for supper.  I have to clean floors and finish the straightening of the house. I need to make the beds of the ones I have washed and finish washing bedding. The garage isnt horrible but I will have kids help me with it when they get home. Then I will run get DD  aand her friends from practice and will pry have to run ds into dance 7-9 tonight. Tomorrow we leave for bball game around 1:30-2. THen a tourney in city Saturday. Sunday I will host my annual crafting day with friends and we have wine and appetizers. We are making rope crosses this year. Everyone brings their own supplies but we help each other build them and we use them for Christmas gifts. I made the cutest wrappers for the cupcakes lately. I will take pic and post later. Well I need more coffee and need to whip this house into shape fast. I would like to finish my bookwork to resend to account so no pressure or anything.

Have a great day

Janice

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 10:28:15 AM »
Good afternoon.  :D

After a few miserable days due to a sinus infection/head cold/crud, I am finally feeling a little bit better.  Ugh. 

Let's see....nothing exciting to report. I've spent the last few days doing the bare minimum and sitting in the recliner.  OH, and taking Tylenol.  This head cold stuff is for the birds.

Today I have changed 4 beds and got all the sheets on the line.  I have a load of clothes hanging too.  I have a pot of pintos cooking for supper and I did run to Aldi to pick up some fresh produce and a gallon of milk. 

Sam is wanting to loose some weight so we are starting with getting back to the correct portion sizes and being aware of the calories in those portions.  He has been taking a big salad for lunch every day so he has been blowing through the produce.  We have such a hard time with diets.  Because of my Crohns, I can't do a lot of fiber so raw veggies, whole wheat pasta or bread, fruits, beans, etc. is a no-no for me.  That really takes a lot of "diet" food off the table.  We don't do artificial sweetners  either.  Soooo....diets are really hard.  Anyway, I thought we'd start with getting our serving sizes back down to reality and switching to water to drink.  We'll see how this goes after a few weeks. 

Tonights supper is left over cubed steak, pintos and either cooked cabbage or slaw. 

Gotta scoot....Evan just woke up. 

Beth

Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 11:17:07 AM »
Hello!

The sun is shining and I'm so glad!  After a week of rainy weather and my husband being out of work due to that, I was ready for the sun.

I have a praise to report.  Money was getting a little tight around here.  We had enough to pay our bills for the month of December with a little left over for buying gas.  That was it.  I was keeping the money in my "bill book" so I knew exactly how much we had.  Last night my husband went to get $20 out for gas money.  He came and told me he couldn't find a 20, all he could find was 2 $100 bills. :o
Turns out we had an extra $200 stuck in an envelope that neither one of us remembers putting in there!  This has really taken some pressure off for this month!   :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 11:19:48 AM »
Yea!!!!! Cheryl.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I am sooo happy for you. 

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 11:24:32 AM »
Thanks, Beth. 

We really don't remember putting it there.  It's like it appeared out of nowhere!  :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn