Author Topic: Saturday, September 7  (Read 3882 times)

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
Saturday, September 7
« on: September 07, 2013, 05:37:39 AM »
Good morning.  :D

It is a cool 57* in my neck of the woods and I. LOVE. IT.  I have my windows opened and I"m not sweating while I drink my coffee. Score!!

I don't have any concrete plans for today.  I do have a few things I'd like to get to but if that doesn't happen, that's ok.  We are removing the fencing around our old garden space so I would like to continue with that today.  We're going to use that space for our "vineyard".  We already have 3 grapevines planted there and would like to plant a lot more.   We also need to continue busting and stacking our firewood.  Ugh.  That's hot work. Then I have the normal laundry, animal care, food prep types of things too. 

Caylon is going out to eat supper with a friend and Aaron works tonight so it will just be me, Sam and Lainey for supper.  (Evan will be here too but he doesn't eat "real food" yet.  ;))  Tonight is our weekly spaghetti supper but I don't think I have hamburger.  I may run over to Food Lion and see if they have some on mark down. 

I hope everyone has a great Saturday!!

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Cheryl

Re: Saturday, September 7
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 06:02:44 AM »
Good morning!

It's cool this morning but supposed to warm up this afternoon with the humidity coming back too.  I am ready for fall; not winter, just a little cooler weather. ;)

Laundry is on my to-do list today, along with the usual household chores but right now I'm going to enjoy my coffee and read for awhile.  Later on, I may run to the grocery store.

Have a great Saturday! :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 09:09:49 AM »
Good morning ladies,

Already warm here at 84*. Supposed to get to about 95* today. Yuck! I was enjoying the cooler temps, but I guess summer isn't through with us yet. LOL I think I will go down to Menards in a bit and look at some wire shelves for my storage building. Good grief, if I keep it up, I could have built on another room for what I have in this storage building.  :o

I played around in my EQ7 last night. I have decided to make a queen size log cabin quilt for my niece, Hayley and her fiance, Colten. The tentative wedding date is August 16, 2014. I should be able to get it done by then. Her mom told me she loves greens, browns, and beiges. Oh yeah, definitely my niece. ;D I have 4 different ways of setting the blocks that I like. I will probably send pictures to my sis-in-law, Becky,  to see which way she thinks Hayley would like best. I am leaning towards the star in the middle setting.  I am very excited to be making this for Hayley. I made her a quilt for her high school graduation 3 years ago and she still sleeps under it every night. Becky says it is one of her most prized possessions. Made my day.  8)

Not much else going on. Our county fair is in process at the moment. Kevin offered to take me to that, but I am not feeling like chest to chest people right now. I declined. LOL I am not much for crowds and I know he isn't. I am also too old to ride the rides and the food doesn't agree with me, so why go?  ??? LOL

Everyone have a great day. Talk to you later.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 09:36:19 AM »
Good Morning

I love being able to go to a daily forum again!! It looks awesome Shelly! Thank you!

Anyways in my corner of the world we are kinda sleeping in as it was our homecoming week, along with school pics, dances, dance routines, football  games, etc.  I plan on doing the house cleaning and taking down the swimming pool today. We will be heading to my nephews fiances bridal shower in the afternoon. It is around 2hrs from us one way. DH went to a farm sale with a friend about 3 hrs away.He will get left off back in the town we are at for shower and come home with us. I lucked out when I bought the shower gift. I had bought this gift certificate for like $10 for a $20 certificate and used that then the store even wrapped it. I was beyond happy! So now to get wedding present ordered as it is next weekend

I will check back after I get everything started for the day

Have a great day

Janice

Offline Cathie

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 09:44:54 AM »
love reading everyone's day  :-*

Offline Pat in Tenn

• Only By God's Grace
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 10:46:44 AM »
Good morning ladies! ( somewhat still morning, lol )

Not a whole lot on my schedule for today. I'm just really tired..... I hate feeling so tired...

I do need to clean the pool today. It's going to be  a hot one today so it's a good day for it. I also have some laundry to get done. The house isn't too bad so not much homework is needed.

I'm hoping hubby will fire-up the grill this evening for supper. We have sausage and hot dogs to grill. Then I can grill some chicken legs for lunch tomorrow up at church.

I bought some material at the quilt shop the other day for some holiday projects. But I really need cooler weather to get in the right mood, lol..

Everyone have a good day at your place and I will check back in later.
Pat
wife to Jeff for 26years
mom to Elizabeth (24),Sarah (19),and Rebekah (14)
http://onlybygodsgrace.blogspot.com/

Offline Pat in Tenn

• Only By God's Grace
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2013, 10:50:35 AM »
Winona,

Our fair is going right now also but it's just too hot to go get in that big crowd.  I'm looking for small country fair to come close by in the fall, lol...
Pat
wife to Jeff for 26years
mom to Elizabeth (24),Sarah (19),and Rebekah (14)
http://onlybygodsgrace.blogspot.com/

Offline trlmom3

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 11:35:43 AM »
Good afternoon,

Shelly thank you for starting this forum.
  I wasn't on the HH much lately it was a bit upside down here. My dad passed away in July after a long battle with dementia. My daughter and grandson moved back in with us in June.They sold their house in TN and couldn't find another.She put in applications up here for work while her husband parked their camper at one of their friends houses and kept working down there.She got a job here at the VA clinic the middle of July. I watched the little one while she worked.  I had foot surgery, (bunion removed)on the 21 of Aug. I'm in a cast for another week and a half and not allowed to put ANY weight on it. Kinda hard keeping up with a three yr old. ;D   Sil moved the rest of the stuff up here and put it in storage for now.We are glad that we can help them out and excited they are here. Now if we could get the boys to move back from FL and CO I would be one happy momma.
Laura
From Northern Michigan
Married to Rick
Mom to Nathan(Kayla), Tanya(Scott),Adam(Nicole)
Gramma to Aiden , Gabby, Isaac  and Sophia Rose born Mar 30 2015
2 dogs

Offline Leahsgarden

• doTERRA Essential Oils
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2013, 12:01:30 PM »
We accidentally slept in this morning, so things were kinda crazy as we rushed to the swim class. I discovered that if I get myself dressed before waking the household, things go so much smoother! I can help the others get ready, they can't help me so much. :)

Pondering if I should go to the farmer's market (more like craft market!) and spend some vouchers I have. Just not feeling it right now. I'm more tempted to curl up with my journal and write down the cute stuff Caleb's been saying. "Let's go see the whoppers." (Lobsters, at the grocery store.) Or today, he opens a bathroom door at the swim class despite my husband warning him there might be somebody in the bathroom. "There's no people, Daddy." :)
...Leah
wife to Chris
Mommy to Caleb, Logan, & Josie

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2013, 12:45:03 PM »
Leah,

I suggest writing down the things your kids are saying, the market can wait.  I wish 1000 times I had written down the cute things Aaron and Caylon said.  There are a few things that "stuck" and we still to this day call sandwiches "panniches" like Aaron did when he was small and macaroni and cheese is mattinoni and cheese.   ;D  Lainey calls lobsters "lospers" so that's probably what we'll call them from now on. 

Beth
Beth in western NC
MIL to Bo

Offline Leahsgarden

• doTERRA Essential Oils
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2013, 01:07:34 PM »
Two pages later... And that's why I take pictures of their messes, because someday it'll be funny... some year! ;)
...Leah
wife to Chris
Mommy to Caleb, Logan, & Josie

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2013, 01:21:46 PM »
Two pages later... And that's why I take pictures of their messes, because someday it'll be funny... some year! ;)

Believe me, those years seem to FLY by!! :)

I like to hear the funny things kids say.  My youngest used to call motorcycles "guyguycles" and ketchup "dipdoop."   ;D
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Trudy in TN

• Loving Home
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2013, 09:24:22 PM »
Good evening !!

Busy day here.  Got up early to yard sale, looked at condos for sale, lunch out with my honey  :), to Hancock Fabrics to get my pinking scissors sharpened, Krogers for what I forgot last night finally canning salsa.  We ended up having pizza for dinner.  Got one more load in the canner left.  26 1/2 pints of salsa.
Wife of 29 years to David
Mom to Ian (26) and Rachel (24)
Mom in love to Brooke
www.lovinghome-trudy@blogspot.com

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2013, 05:58:13 AM »
Good job Trudy!!!

Beth
Beth in western NC
MIL to Bo