Author Topic: 12 days till Christmas  (Read 1641 times)

Offline Cathie

12 days till Christmas
« on: December 13, 2013, 06:22:49 AM »
Ok literally the 25 is 12 days away which leaves you 11 days to get er' done 😜

I spent a lot of time yesterday wrapping, organizing and finishing.

All presents are wrapped - I need one for brother in law girlfriend - I'm going to look here first and see if I have anything that will work. I need one present for my daughter to give my son.  I need on thing for a Grandma but I think again I will see what we have.

All Christmas cards finished and ready to be mailed today.  Package going out to my friend in AZ today as well.

I need to Finish the calendars for Grandparents - I printed out all the pictures so they just need to go in the calendar. 

I have supplies to start baking - gift for neighbors, teacher, drivers and for us.   Will start that today I think with peppermint bark.

Hubby thinks he needs to buy me stuff - a lot if money has been going to an RV - so again I'm going to see what we have here and tell him to wrap it 😬

I think that's it.  I think I'm getting there - at least I feel less stressed now.

Offline Cathie

Re: 12 days till Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 08:43:09 AM »
forgot to order school pictures for my son  ::) :o

so I guess they will get them for February as a Valentine's Day card

blahhhhhhhhhhhhh I can't win!!

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 09:03:08 AM »
Payday was yesterday, so I have a few things to get bought that I was waiting on that to do.  Mostly gift cards and mailing my parents package. 

Other than that, I was knitting like a madwoman last night.  Still have some more things I'd like to make but we'll see how time goes.  Maybe some baking, and that's about it.  Oh, well, wrapping, but there really isn't a ton of that to do this year so I'm not stressing too much. 

I didn't realize Earl had the "big" presents for the kids under the bed and sent Mallory to look under yesterday for my dip tray to take to the get-together.  This morning, she is describing the tablets and telling me how she saw some in a Sam's ad and that is what she REALLY wants for Christmas.  Hmmm.....oops!  Earl and I just had a nice little chat about pretending we didn't get her one and making her wait till later in the day for hers...we'll see how we decide to handle that.  He has had them out after the kids go to bed setting them all up so can easily buy google or kindle apps and have them ready to go on Christmas.  I've been adding free kindle books as I find ones suitable for the different ages.  We figured that would be a lot more fun than spending Christmas trying to set them up (and four of them).

Offline Cathie

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 10:59:11 AM »
Payday was yesterday, so I have a few things to get bought that I was waiting on that to do.  Mostly gift cards and mailing my parents package. 

Other than that, I was knitting like a madwoman last night.  Still have some more things I'd like to make but we'll see how time goes.  Maybe some baking, and that's about it.  Oh, well, wrapping, but there really isn't a ton of that to do this year so I'm not stressing too much. 

I didn't realize Earl had the "big" presents for the kids under the bed and sent Mallory to look under yesterday for my dip tray to take to the get-together.  This morning, she is describing the tablets and telling me how she saw some in a Sam's ad and that is what she REALLY wants for Christmas.  Hmmm.....oops!  Earl and I just had a nice little chat about pretending we didn't get her one and making her wait till later in the day for hers...we'll see how we decide to handle that.  He has had them out after the kids go to bed setting them all up so can easily buy google or kindle apps and have them ready to go on Christmas.  I've been adding free kindle books as I find ones suitable for the different ages.  We figured that would be a lot more fun than spending Christmas trying to set them up (and four of them).

that might be a good lesson  ;)

I unpackaged Sammie's tablet already, charged it and put in wifi so it is ready to go  ;D

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 02:50:31 PM »
We started our 12 Days of Christmas countdown today!  Since we're out of town in NYC, I had to bring Jean's gift (a little phone 'plunger' stand like this http://www.thinkcooltoys.com/cute-toilet-plunger-cell-phone-holder.html?gclid=CIOSvvmWrrsCFQPNOgodEkwAiA that I bought in the Target dollar section) with us ;D

M :)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 02:51:23 PM by MissMandy »
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥