Author Topic: Saturday, December 14, 2013  (Read 1701 times)

Offline wrancher

Saturday, December 14, 2013
« on: December 14, 2013, 05:41:30 AM »
Good Morning

Getting ready to head to city for DDs bball game. we play at 9 and 12. We are taking fruit and cheese spreads with us from the FFA deliveries. After the games we head to get some Christmas shopping done and some food for my crafting party tomorrow.  I will drive the renters daughter over in a little bit so she can get ready for game. Her folks were at a Christmas party yesterday so she just spent the night. We will leave in about an hour as we had snow last night and they need to be there a 1/2 hr before to warm up. I plan on making some Tom and Jerry Batter tonight. I dont add alcohol to it so we all can enjoy it.

Have a great day

Janice

Offline Cathie

Re: Saturday, December 14, 2013
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 06:44:48 AM »
Janice - good luck to your daughters on the games
Have a nice weekend.

Offline Cathie

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 06:47:36 AM »
I'm having my tea 💋. So grateful for tea even if I broke the tea pot.  Guess I need to add that to my thrift store list and hope I come across one.  For now I will use my French press pot.

I have made 2 calendars for Grandparents this morning - only 4 more to go. 

The family is discussing going snowboarding tonight so I guess I should figure out some snacks for them to take. 

Have a great day everyone

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 07:05:02 AM »
Good morning~

Having some hot coffee to warm up my cold hands.  :)  It got chilly again overnight, not as much as last week, though.

Kind of a boring day planned.  Probably two loads of laundry since I didn't do any yesterday, cleaning my bathroom, at least a quick mop of the kitchen, cooking meals, and then the girls' Christmas play.  I don't really enjoy that kind of thing but am obligated to go as their mother.  I will probably go tonight then skip tomorrow night's performance.

Earl and I need to sit down and see how to finish our Christmas shopping with the available amount of mone we have to spend.   And I need to get my parents' box mailed, if not today, then Monday.  Monday is co-op signups for the semester starting in January.

Thinking I may make some biscuits and gravy, bacon and eggs for breakfast here in a minute.   Mmm.

Have a great weekend!
Catherine

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 07:11:07 AM »
Good morning ladies,

I am so thankful! The ice storm went south and east of us. It got up to 40* yesterday and we just had sprinkles. So weird because Kansas City was closing things down and having wrecks right and left because of the ice on the roads. We are 80 miles north and had warmer temps.  ??? We did get a bit of freezing drizzle last night but not enough to make it slick. Just came in from taking care of the chickens and it isn't a bit slick out.

After I saw that the temps were higher than predicted yesterday, I spent the afternoon visiting older family members. I stopped by Kevin's widowed aunt's apartment. She was so tickled to see me. She seldom gets company. I am going to try to visit her at least once a month. She told me she hears more from me than she does her daughter. Of course, Cindy is in TN. I try to check on Joan weekly because she and Wayne (MIL's brother) were so good about checking on Fern (MIL) and taking her meals. After a couple of hours visit with Joan, I went by the care center and visited with Fern and her cousin Marge. I had  such a lovely afternoon visiting with all these older ladies. The workers at the care center told me that Kevin and I are about the only visitors that Fern gets. She was so excited to see me in her doorway. Kind of made my day too. We went down to the cafeteria and had tea and coffee. They have it all decorated for Christmas and it is so homey feeling. That makes me happy. I had planned to visit mom too, but ran out of time. I see mom a couple of times a month, though, and talk to her every day, so I know she is doing well. Besides she is able  to get out and about, where the other ladies are not.  ;) I have been around the elderly my whole life since my paternal grandparents lived with us. I guess I just know how to talk to them, because all the elderly ladies in the center just smile ear to ear and start talking to me every time I enter the door. I love it. Miss Mary is a retired school teacher from our district. She was never my teacher, but she taught one of my brothers in the 3rd grade. She is 103 and still walks and talks. She just amazes me. She is always neatly dressed, hair and nails done.  ;D Lots of times, she will come sit down beside me and just smile at me. She was never married and has no family left. So I always try to spend a little time with her. Well, I guess you don't all need to hear my rambles, but I do enjoy visiting the care center. If I lived closer, I would volunteer there, but the 20 mile round trip makes that too difficult on a regular basis.

The wind is getting up, but since we did not get the snow, it won't hurt anything other than make it feel colder. LOL No plans for today, just maybe some sewing. Kevin goes back to work on Monday after 3 weeks off, so we are chilling this weekend. I will work in a frenzy next week to get everything done before Christmas. Because Kevin just works one week, then has a week off for Christmas. Then things get back to normal.  :)

Janice, have a great  weekend.

Everyone else stay warm and safe. Have a great time with your families.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 09:59:09 AM »
Good morning!

We are supposed to get more bad weather today.  What it is exactly, though, seems to be up in the air!  First it was a lot of snow turning to freezing rain and ice.  Then it was not as much snow but still the freezing rain and sleet.  First it was starting early in the morning, then mid morning, now a bit later.  Who knows what it will be or when it will start.  My SIL is having her annual holiday party tonight so I hope we don't get anything and everyone can make it to the party safely.

Yesterday, Doug and I drove to Pittsburgh to get Zac and bring him home for winter break.  I can't believe his first semester at college is over!  It feels like we just dropped him off for his first day!  Corey was finished his semester yesterday, too so our friend went and got him since we were gone all day.  It was a very long day.  We left around 7:00 a.m. and didn't get home until a little after 6:00p.m.  Once we got home, we just sat around and talked and Corey's girlfriend came over as well.  It is nice to have both boys home for a bit.

The girls are at my SIL's helping her get ready for the party, Doug is wrapping some of the Christmas presents and the lazy boys are still asleep!  I know that both had a lot of work and studying the past two weeks so I will give them a break today.  I have made the spinach dip I am taking to the party tonight and cleaned up the kitchen.  I will cut up the bread a bit later.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Denise