Author Topic: For fun--what is something unique about where you live?  (Read 3459 times)

Offline fishermanwife

Re: For fun--what is something unique about where you live?
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2014, 12:46:57 PM »
After some fact checking to make sure I was right, Stillwater Oklahoma is where I grew up and is home to the first Sonic drive in established in 1953 and home to Eskimo Joes restraint and clothing headquarters and where I graduated from high school with Tyson Ritter singer in a band called the All American Rejects.
I now live in southwest Ok and we are close to Heavener Runstone State park where some believe that Vikings came here more than 1,000 years ago and left a sign of their passing carved on the face of a
massive boulder. And Robbers Cave State Park whos "claim to fame"  is a legendary hideout for infamous Old West outlaws. Among the names commonly associated with the cave in local legend are
those of Jesse James and Belle Starr.
We also have the wonderful view of the Ouachita Mountains where we can take a leisurely drive along the Talimena drive.
We frequent both state parks the kids love them, we have done the Talimena drive 3 times but Ollie doesn't enjoy it as much since he gets car sick :(.

Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.