Author Topic: Sunday, December 15, 2013  (Read 1370 times)

Offline wrancher

Sunday, December 15, 2013
« on: December 15, 2013, 06:52:05 AM »
Good Morning

All is quiet..... ahhh.... I am enjoying my coffee. Cant get much better than this. I will have to do some housecleaning since after the sleepover and then being gone for basketball. Today is my crafting party. I dont invite a ton over as we would run out of room.  I want to make the Tom and Jerry batter, olive cheese bread and crab salad. I am going to put a roast in crockpot and make a big roaster of chex mix as I remember going to my grandmas and she always made it in the  roaster. I need to locate all the supplies we need also. Then I think I will have DD wrap the coaches presents so we will be ready for Wednesday. It really is a laid back day just lots needs done. Enjoying the season with friends and family. Speaking of family DD at college has to work Mon and Tues for sure before she comes home. Not a bad thing as she can use the money.

Have a great day

Janice

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
Re: Sunday, December 15, 2013
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 02:32:15 PM »
Good afternoon,

Not sure what happened, but I was locked out of my laptop. Thank goodness my hubby did a restore. He tried explaining it, but it went right over my head. I have had a rough week. So hoping next week is a little better.  :)

We went to visit MIL this morning. She was having a very good day. Miss Mary sat beside me for a while. She doesn't talk a lot, but does smile at me and nod her head. If I live to be over a 100 years old, I hope I can get around as good as she does.  ;) After we got back  home, I took the laundry down and got it done for the week. Now just plan to take it easy for the rest of the day.

Kevin goes back to work tomorrow. It will sure seem quiet and lonely around here after having him home for 3 weeks.  :-\

I think I will check out FB then maybe watch a Christmas movie. We watched Elf last night. I have seen it several times, but still laugh so hard. It is a cute movie. Means a lot to me because when Jon was still home, he heard me mention what a cute movie that looked like it would be. He bought it for me for Christmas that year.  ;D

So if my computer keeps having issues, I will try to let you know via my pad. I have my fingers crossed that it was just a glitch and that I have not been hacked. The web is a wonderful thing, but it can also me scary. You all have a blessed Sunday.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 04:01:42 PM »
Nothing too exciting here today.  We went to church this morning, then had leftover chicken and dumplings for lunch.  The girls did great in the play last night but spent the night with our "family" and went back to their church this morning (where the play is) to sing with the kids this morning, then perform again this evening.

Maddy and I went to ABC this afternoon for coffee and planning for me, reading for her.  I hadn't put my goals on paper in 3 week so it was about time to get back to business.  Also got my January meals roughly planned (not sides, but main dishes based on mostly foods we have already).  I had two free coffee cards (earned with punches) so we had a free mom/daughter date.  Then we stopped by Walgreen's for some makeup items, using more coupons, lol.

Earl and Maddy went off to the dinner and play (other kids already there) and I am staying home this evening.  Getting ready to mop my floors then I'll probably chill and watch some TV and knit.  I am making myself a chocolate chip cookie dough version of a protein shake (made with cottage cheese rather than protein powder) for dinner.  That way I can be "good" yet feel  like I'm indulging.  :)  This weight is coming off, slowly but surely, but I have a ways to go.

Have a great rest of the evening!
Catherine

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 05:07:02 PM »
Just a quiet day here, too.

On Friday, we drove to get Zachary which is a very long day.  We left around 7:00 and got home after 6:00. Last night, we went to my SIL's for her annual Christmas party.  We had a lot of fun but got home very late and got to bed even later.  Corey had plans to spend today with his girlfriend's family and they were going out early this morning so he spent the night at her house.  He sleeps on the couch so don't worry about that!  Doug drove him over there after we came home from the party and, because the weather was bad last night, I waited up until he came home.  We didn't get to bed until about 2:00.

Today, I took Molly shopping so she could get Christmas gifts for her friends and some colored paper for a school project.  After that, I took a nap and have spent the rest of the day reading and watching football with Doug.  My SIL gave us some leftovers from last night so dinner was nice and easy.

Enjoy the rest of your evenings.

Denise