Author Topic: Chrsitmas 2013  (Read 7356 times)

Offline Cathie

Re: Chrsitmas 2013
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 07:13:31 AM »
so at a 104 days till Christmas I do have some things done - so progress

1) - stockings are done  ;) I have mixed feelings about this - I love the theory but the expense is not needed - we have 5 people to have stuff for and unfortunately rather LARGE stocking that I completely stuff - I'm guess I spend $200 or more on these - so this will be a HUGE savings

2) simplifying the decorations - I'm actually donating them as I go through them

3) some shopping done  ;D

still to do:

1) make detailed list of who I'm buying for
2) make a detailed but simplified Christmas to-do-list
3) make detailed baking list
4) detailed Christmas list to make list

Offline Alana

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 09:46:24 AM »
We have been paring down Christmas for a few years now. When the kids were younger it just seemed to get worse and worse!  Sean and I looked at each other one Christmas morning and said this is crazy!  No more!
Last year we decided to do a family trip, it was wonderful :D. The kids loved it! 
We are not to sure about this year. We have thrown around the idea of another trip again but I think it will be too expensive.. We have also discussed a family present. We have an old boat that my uncle gave us. It needs lots of work but it would be a great weekend day trip activity for the summer. We live so close to the water it would be great to be on it!  Sean is going to look into how much it would cost to get the boat sea worthy and buy a motor. We might do that as a Christmas present for the family instead of individual gifts. 
I would still do stockings though. They are my favourite part :)
Loving the country life in Canada!
Married to Sean
Mom of Brandon 20, Joshua 16, Evan 14 & Alyssa 11
Daycare 'mom' to 5 toddlers

Offline luv2bmom

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2013, 09:48:13 AM »
I have done well getting presents for the family this year...here goes!

I bought my 2 daughters each a Coach purse, I wait for the huge sale online and saved huge!  Sil Warren wants a old school turntable, I found a Crosley cd recordable system, it's vintage looking with a 3 spead LP player & cassette that burns to a cd, am-fm radio.  It's in a wooden cabinet just really cool! It was normally $249 on sale for $99!  Sil Marcus i'm still working on him but plan on Under Armor clothing...The grandchildren we give money for their college funds and 1 toy.  So i'm about done with the large stuff. 

We are flying the week before Christmas to spend it with our oldest daughter Megan, Warren, Mont & Ada.  They aren't traveling anymore at Christmas time, the past 12 years they have switched going to each others families.  It's our turn now to travel to them!

« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 09:52:13 AM by luv2bmom »
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline Chasing grace

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 11:12:17 AM »
My girls are getting one big gift together and a few smaller gifts. I found a dollhouse at a consignment sale with all wooden furniture and dolls. A friend of mine has a husband who is willing to repaint it for me before Christmas and I have been watching Craigslist for a few other things I want to get them. I know they will both get a new set of pajamas, a few books, and hopefully a doll crib for their baby dolls. I am also hoping to find some cheap doll clothes since I have never sewn, not do I have the time this year!
Mother to two little blessings
Claire-7/21/10
Hannah-7/3/12

Offline MN_Mom

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2013, 01:09:15 PM »
I've been making progress all along, but really lucked out last weekend. Our church / school had a 90th birthday party. They were selling $5 tickets for several different prize baskets. I bought a ticket and put it in the toy basket (at least $100 worth of toys) and I won! There are Lego sets, art supplies, craft items, and a robot kit - which ds has been telling us he wants! I've put it all away in the "gift closet" and will use for Christmas gifts! I still can't believe I won it all with only one ticket!

Lisa living in MN

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2013, 05:47:14 PM »
When we took Corey back to school, we stopped in at the bookstore in town.  It is an old fashioned private book store that also sells gifts, kids toys (the old fashioned use your imagination ones), candy, etc.  We bought a book and a toy for Doug's two nieces and a puzzle for his mom.  We always buy his nieces an outfit, too but to me that is the easier part of the shopping.

Denise

Offline Rooney

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2013, 06:32:00 PM »
I have started doing ALL of my Christmas shopping online as of about 2 years ago.  I used to like shopping but now I really just don't like the Christmas time crowds.  And have you noticed how rude people are getting.  My hubby just about got runover in a shopping center parking lot the other day and instead of apologizing, the guy just shouted profanity at him.  Another time recently while in the checkout lane in a store a guy pushed hubby's cart out of the way and told him he needed to move or get out of line.  I don't miss that kind of stuff.  Online shopping I will go.

Offline Trudy in TN

• Loving Home
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2013, 06:16:51 AM »
I am thinking for the kids to get something from their wedding registry that they did not get.  Ds got married June 1 and dd is getting married on November 2.  Most of the extended family I have already gotten things for.  Need to get something for my sister's boys and my bff's son.  Also my dh, though we are talking about getting ourselves bikes this year.
Wife of 29 years to David
Mom to Ian (26) and Rachel (24)
Mom in love to Brooke
www.lovinghome-trudy@blogspot.com

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2013, 08:47:52 AM »
I have found some really good clearance sales at walmart where everything was 50-75% off the clearance sticker!
4 kids-Done ;D
Hubby- cash for cabelas or bass pro
Mom- New with tags sweater from garage sale $5
Dad- Will pick up pearl snap shirt they got some at walmart for less that 20
Brother-Will buy coffee mug and fill with goodies
SiL- Will buy coffee mug and fill with goodies
MiL- Not sure has to be mailable and don't want to pay a lot for shipping
Stockings -not done yet budget of $40
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2013, 11:51:08 PM »
I have a couple of things picked up already but wow did the time fly by!!!! Guess I better get in gear and decide what I'm going to do.

Laurie
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline Alana

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2013, 05:08:11 AM »
I have a few things bought so far. I picked up one of these rainbow looms for Alyssa. She loves crafts :).
And I picked p a few book for Evan. Not sure about the others yet. We are getting a new roof next month. I expect that will be Sean and my gift for each other ::)

Loving the country life in Canada!
Married to Sean
Mom of Brandon 20, Joshua 16, Evan 14 & Alyssa 11
Daycare 'mom' to 5 toddlers

Offline Andrea G

• no better thing under the sun
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2013, 07:36:43 AM »
We are getting a new roof next month. I expect that will be Sean and my gift for each other ::)

That's the way it goes at our house too.  :P
Loving life in southern Ontario
Wife to David, Mom to Kate, Paul, Matt and Julianne

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2013, 10:16:35 AM »
I got a Facebook message that CBS store has a 20% off promo code this week so I ordered Caylon a "Soft kitty" tee-shirt from the Big Bang.

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Cathie

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2013, 02:57:23 PM »
82 days  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

WOW when did we hit under 100  :o :o :o :o

Offline Cathie

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2013, 02:58:08 PM »
I got a Facebook message that CBS store has a 20% off promo code this week so I ordered Caylon a "Soft kitty" tee-shirt from the Big Bang.

Beth

cool - she will love that!!!!!  :-*