Author Topic: 6 Days.....  (Read 2764 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

6 Days.....
« on: December 18, 2013, 08:14:47 AM »
Mailed my parents' package yesterday after waiting 30 minutes in line.  I tried the day before but there were no parking spots at the post office so I left. 

Bought two 4 gift cards yesterday, which is the bulk of the shopping I had left.  I have one left to get.  Then the wrapping.  Also, need to see if I have any Christmas cards and buy some if not.  I think I'm pretty  much done aside from that gift card left to buy but it feels like I must be missing something, lol.  We just didn't do much shopping this year, and that's okay, just feels weird.

Offline Cheryl

Re: 6 Days.....
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 08:16:36 AM »
6 days....oh, dear.  I hope I'm ready. :-\ :o
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 09:58:44 AM »
I still have the same things to buy that I posted on the "15 days" thread.  ;D

Sam gets paid tomorrow and Friday is suppose to be my "town day" and I was planning on getting everything finished up.  BUT....Lainey gets out of school at 11:30 on Friday.  Now I'm trying to figure out if I can get it all finished between 8:30 (when the bank opens) and 11:30 (when I need to get Lainey).  If I were going to be by myself I'm positive I could get it all done but I'll have Holden and Evan.  That slows me down a lot.

We did get the tree up and decorated Sunday night though.  I've done nothing but battle Holden and Evan since then.  We put kid friendly decorations on it...nothing breakable...but it's been a constant battle to keep the decorations on it.  I don't care if Holden takes them off and on but he'll strip the tree bare and then I'm finding decorations all over the house.   >:(  Ahhh well...this too shall pass.  :D

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 10:49:52 AM »
I bought Molly's last gift today, one last thing for Doug and iTunes gift cards for the boys' girlfriends.  Tomorrow Corey and I are going out so he can finish up his shopping so I will try to finish up as well.  I think I just have gift cards to get but have to double check my list.  I am also going food shopping tomorrow morning and can get some of my gift cards at Acme while I am there.

Doug wrapped all of Madelyn's things and most of Molly's.  Now that I have the gift cards, he can wrap the presents for the boys' girlfriends.  I will wrap Doug's presents on Friday.  I am pretty sure we can get just about all of the gifts wrapped over the weekend.

I also made cookies and had Madelyn give them to her case manager yesterday.  That is the only teacher gift I am doing this year.

Denise

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 11:28:44 AM »
I had sort of forgotten about having the kids draw names and then taking them all shopping individually to buy for the sibling they got.  So we did the drawing this morning and I took Morgan shopping at Hobby Lobby.  They had chains and pendants half off so she got those to put together for her recipient and the grand total was about $3.75.  :)  While I was there, I purchased the last remaining gift card I needed.

I came home and got smart, so Micah and I have been on Amazon shopping for his person.  They have a $5 limit which makes it a bit challenging, but we found something.  I'm going to see which of the remaining three would like to do the same...that will save me some trips out, lol.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 03:30:15 PM »
So I couldn't help myself.  My mom is a practical joker and I figured she had one coming, so I ordered her a banana slicer on Amazon.  I'm sure you've all read the reviews, lol.

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 04:37:46 PM »
Ha!  I just saw this on Ellen today.

Denise

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 08:29:15 PM »
My dad played a joke on my mom this weekend.  He went to look for gifts for her on Amazon then realized she was signed in and not him.  To avoid it giving her suggestions based on his browsing history, he started putting in random words and seeing what came up, then added some weird and random things to her cart.  When she got on her computer to order something, there was $22,000 worth of miscellaneous stuff in there for her to delete. 

So, I called him tonight and asked him to add a banana slicer to her cart.  When she logs in, she'll see it and delete it.  And be really confused when she still gets one.   8)

Offline Cathie

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 05:17:20 AM »
That's funny Cath

I think I have everything.  I need to find something from my gift closet here for my brother in laws girlfriend if he brings her.

I need to ice the cookies today and make fudge so I can assemble the gift bags for teachers tomorrow.

I also need to look at stocking stuff tomorrow afternoon. I will not be buying anything else so if I have too much stuff for someone that will just get reduced and make it even. 

I'll need to get some groceries on Monday just small stuff and I want to figure out something yummy for Christmas morning.   I will just go to our local small store to get and last minute things.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2013, 12:58:56 PM »
Earl and I weren't supposed to buy for each other, but I am quite sure he got me something (he told me not to open any packages addressed to Maddy).  So, I went into his Amazon wish list and got him something.  Yeah, I'm going to need a Dave Ramsey date after Christmas.  Actually, I know HOW to get debt-free, am just not very good at maintaining that.  :P  But Earl works so hard for us without complaint and I hate to not have anything for him to open aside from the package from my mom and dad.

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2013, 01:11:05 PM »
Catherine - I need the same date for the same reason!  And I also think Doug deserves something for working so hard and try to buy him a few things even if they are small.  I have a hard time convincing him that the fact that he works so hard and I get to stay home is more than enough of a present for me.

Denise

Offline Cathie

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2013, 01:39:38 PM »
Cath and Denise - that's nice 💋💋💋

I need that same plan come January I need to stay home more and be grateful for what I have a not "need" more!!!

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2013, 01:45:09 PM »
Don't forget to check for things that need batteries!!!

I just remembered to check one of Holden's gifts and realized I didn't have a 9v for the remote control to his car. 

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Cathie

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2013, 01:47:10 PM »
Don't forget to check for things that need batteries!!!

I just remembered to check one of Holden's gifts and realized I didn't have a 9v for the remote control to his car. 

Beth

Oh shoot I think my sons thing needs batteries and its wrapped under the tree already 😳😩
Seriously is today over yet!!!