Author Topic: Friday, December 20, 2013  (Read 1758 times)

Offline wrancher

Friday, December 20, 2013
« on: December 20, 2013, 06:36:46 AM »
Good Morning

Well we got more than the 3 inches they were prediciting. We have at least 8 and they had early dismissal at 2 yesterday and I happen to be in town when they called. It wasnt very nice out. Today they start at 9 and get out at 1:30. So lst night they baked some sugar cookies but it looks like I need to remake some today. Obviously they didnt clean kitchen very good so will work on that. I will do the usual household things. I will have to take kids in as we left car in so I will do a few errands before I come home. I may go to my moms and wrap this morning. I am storing kids gifts there. I need to see if I have everything even.Really my only chance so I guess Ihave to. I really would like to do bookwork and it is so hard to do with kids home.

Have a great day

Janice

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
Re: Friday, December 20, 2013
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 06:55:02 AM »
Good morning ladies,

Well, we have canceled our family Christmas get together. We are getting freezing drizzle right now. That isn't the problem, though. We will soon be under a winter weather advisory through Sunday. We are supposed to have it all, freezing rain, sleet, snow. Just nasty weather and since most of us have at least 30 minutes to 1.5 hour drive, it just isn't worth it to take the chance. We will get together after Christmas.  :( I think that is best.

Well, nothing much to do today. This will be Kevin's last day of work till after Christmas. He actually doesn't go back to work till Dec. 30. No point in making any goodies, since it will just be the two of us and we don't need them.  ::) So I guess I will just get back to some hand quilting.

Janice, I hope you get everything wrapped. Stay safe.

Everyone have a good day and try to stay warm and safe.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 07:08:15 AM »
Good morning.

Today will be a busy day around here.  I have laundry to do so I can get it on the line while we have sunshine.  It's supposed to start raining tomorrow and possibly a chance of severe storms.  I need to get started making some treats to take to our Christmas get-together at my mother's, and I've got to get the last of the presents wrapped.

Janice - Please keep the snow up there!  I hope you get everything on your to-do list finished today. 

Winona - I'm sorry you won't be able to have your get together with your family, but I know you'll have a good time when you do see them.  I hope you don't have any bad weather.

Well, I'm going to read some more on the boards then I need to get started on my day. 

Have a great day and weekend!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 08:21:30 AM »
Good morning!

Have a rather lazy morning, at least now.  I had to get up extra early to make biscuits and sausage gravy for Earl to take to his work breakfast today.  A lady at his work had a roll of Blue and Gold sausage she contributed for me to make it with.  So, I make drop biscuits using a combination of palm shortening and butter.  Today I used a bit more butter than usual wanting them to be extra good...however, that backfired and some of the butter melted out when baking and went on the bottom of the oven, causing a bunch of smoke.  This kicked up my asthma so I've used both inhalers.  If it doesn't get better soon, I will get out the nebulizer and do a treatment.

Anyway, I rarely go back to bed, but did this morning.  Not to sleep, but because I was cold.  So I'm sitting here on my computer.  Watched an episode of House Hunters International while I ate my breakfast.  Max is playing a game on Earl's kindle next to me.  The other kids are watching My Little Pony on Amazon in the living room...I think we're calling it Christmas break today.  :P 

Tonight is our homeschool Christmas party.  I think I will take sausage cheese balls (it was a 2 lb roll of sausage and the lady told Earl to keep what we didn't need for the gravy because she is leaving to go out of town) and caramel corn.  It's a "finger food" party.  Maddy was also invited to a spur of the moment teen party last night.  A family from the homeschool group sent out an invitation at 2 yesterday and had a bunch of kids over to roast hot dogs, make s'mores, and sing around their fire pit.  They are a nice group of kids and she had a great time.  I'm glad to have her make some nice friends...it was hard when her best friend moved this past July.  Her friend's mom was my good friend as well, and we think a lot alike.  They lived in a very safe historic area on post and both girls would go down to the creek in the woods and literally play outside...I much prefer this to silliness and talk about boys, lol. 

The cold front came through last night and we're sitting at about 33.  Unfortunately, we're not getting any snow or winter weather though.  They are saying we'll get rain starting tonight.  It will sure be cold rain!

The presents the kids ordered for each other should come today or tomorrow, so I will help them get those wrapped.  We are waiting till the last minute to wrap their tablets as Earl has been messing with them and I've been adding books/games (though I guess I can still do that with them wrapped!).  These were just under $70 and Earl and I both think they are nicer than the kindle.  Well, the tablet itself is about the same, but with the keyboard case and stand they are nicer.  He put the kindle app on them as well as google, so we can add all the free (or paid) kindle books.  And he got an inexpensive stylus in a coordinating color for each one.  We did red tablet and case for Micah, blue for Maddy, purple for Mallory, and pink for Morgan.  So it will be easy to tell them apart or who left theirs laying around.  We decided it would be best to get them all ready to go so they can unwrap and use them immediately, instead of having to wait for them to charge and have things added.

Better get moving!

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 02:57:57 PM »
Well, they just put us under an ice storm warning.  :(  I don't mind winter weather but prefer snow since it doesn't take out the power lines.  I've got a load of laundry going just in case.  Might throw a chicken in to cook in case we lose power.

Offline luv2bmom

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 03:53:06 PM »
Good evening ladies,

All of you having bad weather stay safe!!  Here in Ohio it's just raining and it was in the mid 50's today, so strange....

Dh and I went to Columbus, he is on vacation and had a check waiting on him at work, we made a day of it and we had a good time.

I've been missing around here lately, the only reason is i've been so busy!  I've got some gifts to wrap but i've been putting it off. 

We just got back from our oldest Megan house in Franklin, TN, had a great 3 days and shared Christmas with them. 

Hope you all have a good evening, I have some chores i need to get done, better late than never I guess! 
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus