Author Topic: Making your Own Presents/Gifts  (Read 8346 times)

Offline Cathie

Re: Making your Own Presents/Gifts
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 06:54:18 AM »

Offline Cathie

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 06:54:59 AM »

Offline Cathie

Offline Alana

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 09:49:46 AM »
I don't do a ton of homemade gifts. I try to make something for my kids every year.  Last year I made them new fleece blankets. Their old ones were falling apart!  Thinking of making them sleep pants this year. They love getting new jammies at Christmas. 

I also bake quite a bit. I love baking so its not a hardship to make those gifts   ;).

We don't exchange gifts with many people. Makes things much easier!
Loving the country life in Canada!
Married to Sean
Mom of Brandon 20, Joshua 16, Evan 14 & Alyssa 11
Daycare 'mom' to 5 toddlers

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2013, 12:01:05 AM »
I have homemade raspberry jam, apple butter and sugar scrub for the hands that I make to give as gifts. I also do babking, fudge and buns as well as everyone likes eating lol.

Laurie
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline mwhit145

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2013, 05:53:05 PM »
I've canned recently some applesauce & apple butter to use as gifts.  Need more ideas for simple/inexpensive homemade ideas.......any updates for what you are working on?

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2013, 10:32:15 AM »
I'm just getting started with this...really haven't done much homemade the past few years but it's a necessity this year so I need to get it in gear!  :)  This morning, I downloaded some free patterns I found online for a knit beanie and scarf for 18" dolls.  Just used my Hobby Lobby coupon on the way home from the eye doctor to get some white yarn with occasional sequins to make these with.  Maddy is making a skirt for that size doll in her sewing class and may try the t-shirt pattern I found to go with it for gifts for her sisters. 

Also, I ran into an aquaintance in the yarn aisle of Hobby Lobby.  I had met her at a Bible study this past summer and we have some mutual friends.  She just took a beading class and was talking about a bunch of us getting together for a craft day.  She could show us the beading, maybe we could swap supplies we have that we don't think we'll use, and then craft whatever we're working on the rest of the day.  Sounds good!

Offline Rooney

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2013, 02:33:32 PM »
I'm just getting started with this...really haven't done much homemade the past few years but it's a necessity this year so I need to get it in gear!  :)  This morning, I downloaded some free patterns I found online for a knit beanie and scarf for 18" dolls.  Just used my Hobby Lobby coupon on the way home from the eye doctor to get some white yarn with occasional sequins to make these with.  Maddy is making a skirt for that size doll in her sewing class and may try the t-shirt pattern I found to go with it for gifts for her sisters. 

Also, I ran into an aquaintance in the yarn aisle of Hobby Lobby.  I had met her at a Bible study this past summer and we have some mutual friends.  She just took a beading class and was talking about a bunch of us getting together for a craft day.  She could show us the beading, maybe we could swap supplies we have that we don't think we'll use, and then craft whatever we're working on the rest of the day.  Sounds good!
Sounds like so much fun Catherine. :)  You seem to have so many neat connections with many people in your area. :) 

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2013, 07:15:14 AM »
That sounds great, Catherine!
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline luv2bmom

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2013, 09:48:42 AM »
This 10 minute table runner is amazingly easy to make, i've done one for each season!  This is the video I used as I learned how to do it the first time!  Oh, I can't sew it in 10 minutes, for me it's more like a half an hour...;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfg8BMUakOc
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 12:39:23 PM by luv2bmom »
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2013, 10:18:37 AM »
Thanks for sharing this Pixie. This would be quick, but I would also use some batting and quilt a few lines in it.  ;D Just the way I roll. LOL These would be very nice hostess gifts for the holidays.  ;)

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline wrancher

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2013, 11:42:04 AM »
Pixie- That is soooo CUTE!!! I love it! And I could even make that!!

Thanks for sharing. I am a visual person I have to see it 1st. I can improvise but need direction

Janice

Offline luv2bmom

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2013, 06:46:39 AM »
I'm so glad you all like it!  I have adjusted the measurements to get a longer runner too!  I hope you all try it and Winona, what a great idea to quilt it, thats never crossed my mind but I am going to try it!  Do you use warm and natural or traditional batting?  I have both! 

It's a very frugal gift especially if you buy material on sale!  I have used buttons and fabric yo-yo's on the runners.  I love my yo-yo maker!!
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline luv2bmom

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2013, 07:35:43 AM »
I wanted to add another favorite sewing project I do, I have made many of these and given them away this past year....this is the link to part 1 of the 2 part video.  I love Missouri quilt co videos!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Alq0B2KZ-ME
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline Andrea G

• no better thing under the sun
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2013, 11:30:17 AM »
Both of these look so easy!  Thank you for sharing them, Pixie.  :)
Loving life in southern Ontario
Wife to David, Mom to Kate, Paul, Matt and Julianne