Author Topic: 4 days!  (Read 3157 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

4 days!
« on: December 20, 2013, 08:35:36 AM »
This morning I remembered I hadn't ordered my brother a gift card as planned, so I got that done.  He has been unemployed most of this year and just working the past few week...still not enough hours.  So, he doesn't have extra money.  Went with a Texas Roadhouse gift card for him so he can go out for a nice meal (or two if he goes for lunch).  His b-day is also 3 days after Christmas but I'll just be getting him the one gift. 

I will still have wrapping to do (for Earl) but not till Monday or Tuesday.  We have some things to wrap for the kids as they come in...we added hiking poles to the order yesterday.  Just 4 poles total then 1 kid can use one of mine.  I really only need one but they sure help on some of the steep rocky areas.  Also, one thing we got Max came by UPS but is not what we expected, so I ordered him a construction worker costume from Melissa and Doug to take it's place.  He is not getting a tablet like the other kids (we're thinking maybe we should have) so he gets an extra toy (2 instead of 1).

The hamster is getting a dwarf hamster ball (Morgan has been begging to get him one and they were $2.99 on Amazon) and the dog is getting a new tug toy (he is hard on them and loves to play).  Cats just got new mice last month so they aren't getting anything.  Ellie doesn't play so she isn't getting anything either.

I do need to order my parents' anniversary present soon (for the 31st).  Most likely, a restaurant gift card as that seems to be what they like these days.  Just need to decide the place.  I don't think my parents thought this through very well...getting married and having two kids the same week as Christmas, lol.  Though in their defense, both my brother and I were 2-3 weeks early and actually due in January.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 08:36:33 AM by greyhoundgirl »

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: 4 days!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 08:58:27 AM »
Oh, and I'm mailing Christmas cards today!  (Just a handful).  I am always slow at written correspondence.  :(

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 09:37:33 AM »
I went out this morning and got some of the gift cards I needed as well as a few stocking things and the main gift for Doug's cousin and her boyfriend.  I still have to finish Doug's sister but we will do that this weekend.

Last night, Doug wrapped the presents for the boys' girlfriends and I think he wrapped my gifts as well.  I do know that a few things have appeared in my stocking!!!

Doug also helped the girls wrap their presents to their friends.  This morning, I made some oatmeal cookies and I am getting ready to make some sugar cookies.  I am going to put some in decorative baggies for Molly to give to her friends.  They are having a little get together tomorrow afternoon to exchange gifts and hang out. 

This afternoon, I am taking Molly out so she can do her shopping for the rest of the kids and Doug.  We are also getting her a small tree for her room because she LOVES Christmas decorations and we told her she could have one since we know she will take care of it and put it all away at the end of the season.  We have a fairly huge bin of old Christmas ornaments and decorations that we told her she can use and put up wherever she would like.  Doug will take Molly out to shop for me on Sunday.

We should be able to finish up the wrapping over the weekend so that we can just relax on Monday and Christmas Eve.  At least, that is the plan!

Denise

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 11:19:14 AM »
Ok...let's see....

*I went to Golden Corral and got my parents a $30 gift card.

*Got Aaron's girlfriend a rifle sling at Tractor Supply and an pink underarmour type shirt at WalMart.

*I got Aaron the memory card and batteries for his game cam.  I also ordered him a Mr. Heater attachment for a propane tank from Amazon.  It's suppose to be delivered Dec. 24....talk about cutting it close.  :P

*I picked up Caylon a trunk organizer.  She is always complaining of having to practically climb in her trunk to get things, maybe this will help. 

I think that's about all I needed to get. 

Yea!!!

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 11:55:16 AM »
Yea, Beth!!  Good job!   :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 12:05:52 PM »
Thank you Cheryl.

It feels good to finally be finished.  I knew what I needed/wanted to buy, I just had to wait on the funds.  It also feels good to know that nothing went on a credit card.  Score!!!

I still need to go to a grocery store and get a ham for Christmas day.  Aldi didn't have any and I really need to research and see what store has the best price per pound.  I'm not going to be buying the "$25 additional purchase" for the rock bottom price but I'm thinking there's a store that doesn't have that "add'l purchase" requirement...I just gotta find it.  :D

Beth
Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 12:18:59 PM »
Good luck on find the ham!  I never did find a turkey at a price I was willing to pay.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Cathie

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 01:42:06 PM »
Yay Beth congratulations!!

Offline Cathie

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 07:09:50 PM »
Went to a consignment shop today in town to
Browse not shop but I found a Burberry purse for my daughter for $50.  She's wanted one forever and they are crazy crazy crazy expensive so I spent the $50 and bought it. I had the 4 presents for her already (we buy the kids 4) so I took one out and will give it to her for her birthday in January. 

I am very excited to do this.  She's gonna flip out!!!!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 07:12:09 PM by Cathie »

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 07:20:23 PM »
Cathie - great find!!!

Denise

Offline Cathie

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 08:05:43 PM »
Cathie - great find!!!

Denise

Thanks I am really thrilled I know she is gonna freak out

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2013, 06:26:01 AM »
Browse not shop but I found a Burberry purse for my daughter for $50.  She's wanted one forever and they are crazy crazy crazy expensive so I spent the $50 and bought it. I had the 4 presents for her already (we buy the kids 4) so I took one out and will give it to her for her birthday in January. 

Being clueless about what a Burberry purse is, I first thought to myself when I read this, "$50 is a great buy for a USED purse?"  So I looked on overstock.com last night.  Yikes!  That IS a great deal.  They had purses even foro $1899.99.  The lowest one I saw was "only" $349.99".  :)  Syd will be thrilled!

Offline Cathie

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2013, 06:45:37 AM »

Being clueless about what a Burberry purse is, I first thought to myself when I read this, "$50 is a great buy for a USED purse?"  So I looked on overstock.com last night.  Yikes!  That IS a great deal.  They had purses even foro $1899.99.  The lowest one I saw was "only" $349.99".  :)  Syd will be thrilled!

yeah it's crazy - the used purses here I haven't be able to fins one for less then $400-$800 and they were in horrible shape - this is in awesome shape and she is gonna be thrilled