Author Topic: Goals for the upcoming year  (Read 2413 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Goals for the upcoming year
« on: December 20, 2013, 02:53:09 PM »
Anyone else working on theirs?  I've got a bunch of ideas swirling in my head but haven't gotten them all down on paper yet.  Also thinking on a theme word--leaning toward "focus" at the moment.

Offline Cheryl

Re: Goals for the upcoming year
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 03:54:42 PM »
It's funny you posted this because I've been thinking of my goals the last couple of days.  Unfortunately, that's as far as I've got.  I think my theme word will be "organize." 
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline RenKnitter

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 04:19:32 PM »
I was thinking this week that I need to start on Christmas in January.  If I made one item per month - knit, crochet, or sew - then by next Christmas I would have 12 items ready to go.  That way the cost and time would be spread out over the year.  I order most of my yarn online, so I watch for Joanns or Hobby Lobby free shipping.  A couple of years ago I made dishcloths all summer - those are really fast - and by the end of summer I had quite a stockpile.

Having items on hand is also good for when unexpected gift giving situations come up.  I keep two or three baby and adult afghans ahead for weddings and baby showers, but I need to keep a stock of smaller items - caps, scarves, mittens, dishcloths, Christmas ornaments, etc.

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 04:20:01 PM »
I have started thinking about this as well and Doug and I discussed it a week or so ago.  I plan to work on them over the next week or so.

Denise

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 04:05:34 AM »
I have a few goals for 2014. Of course, there is always the ''get healthier''.   And try to keep my finances under a certain amount. The typical goals. But, one that I hold dear to my heart is to try to keep my stress levels down. I love my family dearly but they seem to center around drama. I mean, my siblings and as hard as it is to type this, even my parents. Being that I am the one that doesnt try to get involved, everyone calls me and tells me their troubles. I pray for them then try to go on. But this past year, its been really rough on me. So I guess my word is "RELAX".
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 10:40:47 AM »
I've been thinking a lot about this, but haven't made any list yet. I think it will look something like this:

• Write in journal at least weekly
  • attend church services at least twice per month
  • read the scriptures daily
  • walk at least 30 minutes each day
  • continue to improve my outlook on life and continue to improve temper problems
  • Manage my time better
  • complete more projects instead of stopping halfway through
  • take more trips (camping mostly)
  • Eat healthfully and get A1C under 6 (so close to that already)
  • Create a sanctuary in my home.  It's too chaotic
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline Cathie

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 11:00:12 AM »
I like your list Shelly - very nice!

Offline Rooney

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 12:38:19 PM »
Our family theme for this year's goals is "prepare".  DH has a list of about 5 things to complete by early fall.  They are very labor intensive.  I get tired just thinking about it.  :P   Will post more about this in other threads later.  My personal theme for this year's goals is organize, organize and organize some more. ;) :)
I am starting early, like today. ;)

Offline Sandlappersue

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 01:38:44 PM »
Mine would mostly be a continuation of what is already started recently. That is:
- daily Bible reading and journaling
- move more
- have cleaning routines going well
- drink our green smoothies
- drink my water
- keep up with calories and continue quest to rev up metabolism to burn calories faster

That is all.

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 02:17:18 PM »
I have been thinking about my goals for 2014 for a couple of weeks now. I still haven't written anything down and still struggling with what is realistic for me, but here goes so far.

-Read my Bible daily. I bought a Chronological Bible this year and want to start at the beginning and read it through.
-Journal about things going on and just my thoughts at least once a week.
-Post to my blog at least once a month. Kind of let it slide this year.
-Plant a wonderful heirloom and organic garden and pray it does not get spray drift again.
-Only start quilts that have a destination. I have a niece getting married towards the end of the  year. I already have the fabric for her
   quilt. I want to make her a log cabin quilt in earthy colors. I hope to start it soon. I also have a niece and a nephew who will both        graduate high school in 2015. After the wedding quilt is done, I need to start theirs.
-Try to finish some of the many, many quilts that I have started, but not finished. (May finish some of these for the niece and nephew.)
-Absolutely no BOMs this year. (block of the month). I have a tendency to buy the fabric, make a few blocks, then get sidetracked. LOL
-Buy no fabric or yarn unless needed for a specific project. (This one will be hard for me.  ??? ::))
-Work on gifts throughout the year. I would like to finish one gift per month. Sure would make next Christmas easier.
-Eat healthy and lose 50 lbs. I know I can do it if I just commit.
-Exercise 4 to 5 times a week. Walk 30 minutes daily, weather permitting.
-Be kinder to my husband.

I know this seems like a lot, but I am so tired of the way things are in my life, so it is time for a change. The year 2013 was not a good one for me. I hope 2014 is better.

I have a couple more that I am considering, but not completely committed to yet. I will share them here. Maybe that will help me to step up.

I would like to eat no chocolate nor drink any Pepsi for the whole year, except special occasions. (Like birthday, Mother's Day, anniversary, grandkids' birthdays etc. Even then, limit myself.) I must get a handle on this chocolate and Pepsi addiction! I am diabetic for crying out loud. My last A1c was 6.1, but I know I can get it below 6 if I just leave the chocolate and pop alone.

I wish you all good luck with your goals in the coming year. Now I need to write mine down and fasten them here in front of me, so I have to see them daily.  ;D

Blessings,
Winona

I think my word for this year will be 'FINISH'.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 02:22:17 PM by MoWin »
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2013, 02:54:31 PM »
I still haven't written my goals but some I have are:

* eat better - cut out the junk and be more aware of what we're eating. 

* get healthier

* grow more vegetables and try new ones.  Last year's garden was a flop. :(

* be more patient with my family

* continue to declutter and not bring unnecessary items into the house

* save money.  We need a new roof and flooring in the bedrooms.  I'd like to put back enough each week to pay for this within the next few months.

* continue reading my Bible daily.

* organize, organize, organize.  We have a small house and when it's cluttered with too much stuff, my mind feels cluttered too.  This goes along with the decluttering I listed above.

* exercise - I feel so much better when I stick to this.

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2013, 03:58:22 PM »
Jean and I were writing ours down while in the car today.  Here is my list (so far):

Pay off (at least) 33% of our debt
Reach 150 pounds (about 15 more to go)
Learn to crochet - this has been on my list for 2-3 years now, and I am scheduled to learn on MONDAY!  Yay!
Adopt a Wolfie (Irish Wolfhound - still waiting on the rescue list)
Reach $500 in Etsy sales

Love this thread!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2013, 09:51:15 PM »
I always make too many goals so this coming year I am shortening the goal list..

1) take better care of myself

and

2) Enjoy life!