Author Topic: Sunday, December 22, 2013  (Read 1748 times)

Offline wrancher

Sunday, December 22, 2013
« on: December 22, 2013, 06:22:19 AM »
Good Morning

Sitting here enjoying the morning coffee but need to get going soon to get ready for church.

I am not sure what we are doing today. Maybe we will have ice skating party today but I will have to get everyone busy on cleaning garage and straightening house. Otherwise we will find some project to work on. DD covered pretzels and those are all gone. I need to look through and see what else needs wrapped. not much. I didnt do anything with bookwork yet. I want to make a few more goodies to have around. Better get everyone up and going.

Have a great day in the Lord

Janice

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Sunday, December 22, 2013
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 07:45:32 AM »
Good morning!

Just had my protein shake and am now enjoying some Cheesecake Berry Crunch (frozen berries, cream cheese, almonds, and a bit of stevia and almond extract pulsed in the food processor).  I got our baked steak into the oven so it will be done after church.

The ice on the trees is so pretty!  It got to 36 yesterday afternoon so a bit of dripping was going on but then it all refroze.  The sun is shining brightly this morning, though, so I'm sure we'll have a lot more melting later today.

Didn't get any of the items we were expecting UPS to bring yesterday.  So I'm guess we'll have quite a bit coming tomorrow to wrap.

We will head to church at  10.  Then I think we'll have a laid-back afternoon.  I may go to ABC to work on my goals.  Someone gave me a $5 gift card this week so I have coffee money.  ;)  $5 goes a lot farther there than at Sbux.  I can probably get coffee 3 times with it.

Well, better get a move on and finish breakfast and get my shower.

Have a wonderful Sunday with your family and church!
Catherine

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 11:12:22 AM »
Good afternoon.   :D

We just got back home from church.  What a beautiful service we had this morning.  The 2 Christmas trees and garlands at the front of the church were lit, poinsettas all over the place, a spotlight on the manger and then all the overhead lights were dimmed.  Just breathtakingly beautiful.  We had beautiful music, a short sermon and then the Lord's Supper (ie: Communion)

Holden had a really good day in Sunday school without any separation anxiety.  Yay!!!  I was able to stay in my class the entire time without being buzzed to get Holden.  It's been a good day so far.  ;D

My family plus my parents are meeting at a locally owned restaurant at 5:00 for supper.  Afterwards we'll go back to my parent's house and exchange gifts and have dessert.  My parents leave Tuesday morning for my sister's house for Christmas Eve/Christmas morning and then they'll go on to their beach house for the rest of the week.  Last year they spent Christmas in Las Vegas.   ::) 

I just fed Holden a PB/J for lunch and got him laid down.  Hopefully he'll sleep until 4 or so and then be in a good mood for our evening plans.  Caylon is feeding her two and then will lay them down too.  I hope this nap thing goes according to plan.  ;)

Gotta scoot.  I need to get Sam a bite to eat and get the kitchen straightened up.  It's going to be so strange not having to cook tonight!! :)

Beth
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 12:21:15 PM by mooremama »
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 02:26:32 PM »
Beth, enjoy your meal out and your "Christmas" tonight!  Sounds like fun.

So is The Lord's Supper not done often in your church?  Growing up, our church only did it quarterly, but our church here has it weekly.  Seems like different denominations all do it a bit differently.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 02:27:03 PM by greyhoundgirl »

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 05:55:03 PM »
We do it monthly, I'm thinking.  I know I should know the frequency but I loose track.  I stay in the nursery some Sundays and it throws me off. 

It was just a really beautiful service today with the trees and garlands lit, the spotlight on the manger and the poinsettas all around. 

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 06:21:56 PM »
We do it monthly, I'm thinking.  I know I should know the frequency but I loose track.  I stay in the nursery some Sundays and it throws me off. 

It was just a really beautiful service today with the trees and garlands lit, the spotlight on the manger and the poinsettas all around. 

Beth

Sure sounds beautiful!