Author Topic: Tuesday, December 24th, 2013  (Read 3104 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Tuesday, December 24th, 2013
« on: December 24, 2013, 06:31:53 AM »
Good morning!

I was awake for a bit before Earl's alarm went off but decided to lie in my warm bed for a bit.  Except he fixed me chocolate truffle coffee and brought it to me in bed and wanted me to open a present from my parents so I can play with it today.  :)  They got me the fitbit zip...I put more about that in the weight loss thread.  But I'm excited.  They're not terribly expensive but it hasn't been in the budget, either.  I had it on my wish list thinking it could be for my bday and Christmas combined.  You can compete for the most steps getting badges and points and such among other people who use one, besides measuring your own movement.

On the agenda today, not much, really.  :P  Still didn't bake cookies so I might do that, though I need to conserve butter.  I'm planning to grocery shop Thursday but am down to just over 3/4 of a lb and need 1/2 cup each for our Christmas breakfast and lunch, plus a little more for our squash casserole.  Maybe I could sub some palm shortening and butter extract in those soft ginger cookies?  I also still need to get Micah to wipe off the couch and I might do a quick mop of at least the kitchen since the dogs tracked it up a bit yesterday.  With all the melting ice, our back yard is quite muddy.

Dinner tonight is Chili's.  We have gift cards so just have to be careful not to go over that amount.  Earl and I figured it work if we all get water, which is fine with me.  Maddy counts as an adult now eating out, so that makes it a little higher than it used to be.

I also have a freebie drink from Sbux (if your card is registered they load it automatically a few days before your bday).  I had planned to go get that this morning but Earl fixed me coffee.  Might still do it later but will need to make it half caf, if so....their coffee leaves me wired, lol. 

Have a great Christmas Eve!
Catherine

Offline wrancher

Re: Tuesday, December 24th, 2013
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 07:32:17 AM »
Good Morning

We have the slowest coffe pot from day one. Oh how your chocolate truffle coffee sounds good Catherine! I had to go get my coffee.  Today is a pretty relaxed day. Everyone is still sleeping it must be Christmas. I have a few gifts to wrap and make the meat,cream cheese and onion pinwheels. I forgot to buy the tomato for the sandwich thing otherwise those are all wrapped and in walk in cooler.I will take in some ham and hawaiian rolls also. Today is kinda a snacky day.  I will have the kids dip the ritz and peanut butters they made and some pretzels. I will make the rock candy if I can find food coloring. I finished my nephews rope cross last night. I will take pics in a bit. My sil is bringing her camera tonight so I will see if she had a pic we took at Thanksgiving for a christmas pic or otherwise we will have to take another tomorrow. We go to my folks in town and my sister and family comes (2 kids = 1 is married) then we drive up hill to MIL and Dh family will be there minus 1 brother and 1 sister. Tomorrow we will go to neighbors for cards, ice skating and having fun with family/friends(my dh and her are cousins but they are our friends> HA) So just chores for DH and kids and hopefully this -20 stuff is behind us. They were saying maybe 30 above! wow!

Merry Christmas Eve
Janice

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 08:51:06 AM »
Happy Birthday, Catherine!   :) :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 09:24:30 AM »
Happy Birthday, Catherine!   :) :)

Thanks, Cheryl!  I don't mind it, but it seems weird to think I'm at 40...used to seem so far away, lol.  Time flies when we're having fun, right?

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 09:27:53 AM »
Ha!  I'm having so much fun I turned 47 last month!  How did that happen?!? ;D
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 09:34:07 AM »
Ha!  I'm having so much fun I turned 47 last month!  How did that happen?!? ;D

;D   You party animal! 

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 09:35:03 AM »
I also never dreamed I'd be a 40 YO with a 3 YO.  :P  My mom was 40 when I got married.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2013, 09:41:56 AM »
I was 40 with a 3 YO.  I had my first daughter at 20 then we thought there'd never be another but surprise!!  Emily was born when I was 37, so my girls are 16.5 years apart. :o
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2013, 09:47:07 AM »
I was 40 with a 3 YO.  I had my first daughter at 20 then we thought there'd never be another but surprise!!  Emily was born when I was 37, so my girls are 16.5 years apart. :o

Oh, interesting!  And I see you survived and I'm sure I will, too.  Some days he makes me feel old and tired, but overall I think he's keeping me young.

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2013, 12:51:59 PM »
I became a grandma at 37  :D  Talk about feeling old.  ;D

Happy birthday Catherine.  :-*

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Andrea G

• no better thing under the sun
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2013, 01:04:26 PM »
Happy Birthday Catherine!!  :D
When I turned 40 I had a 3 year old and a 1 year old.  I hear ya about them making you feel old and young at the same time. Love those later blessings! :)
Loving life in southern Ontario
Wife to David, Mom to Kate, Paul, Matt and Julianne

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2013, 03:55:57 PM »
Merry Christmas Eve to you all.

It has been a good day. I took my gift to mom this morning. I had to park down town and walk back to her apartment because of all the piled up snow. LOL Oh well, the exercise did me good. When I got home Kevin asked if I would make some fudge so we can take a bit to his mom tomorrow. He offered to run to the store for me and get everything I needed. I only make the Fantasy Fudge, so just needed marshmallow creme, evaporated milk, and chocolate chips.  ;) I had everything else. He brought home small marshmallows, but it worked. I have the fudge cooling. Then made up a cheeseball for tomorrow. I just winged it. Used some cream cheese, Ranch seasoning, worchestershire sauce and shredded cheddar cheese. I roll this in sliced almonds. We only eat this at special occasions.  :) I had not made fudge in many years because it is so rich. I can see the weight jumping on me with every bite. LOL  :o

I am excited. Kevin and I have not opened gifts for each other on Christmas morning since all the kids moved out. We usually get something for each other sometime during Dec. This year we each got Memo Pads.  ;D Anyway, my sweet hubby knew that I was kind of down because we had to cancel our Christmas gathering. Because of other obligations, we won't be able to get together with all the kids till the end of Jan.  :'( Well, he went to town this morning and brought home a stocking with some wrapped gifts in it. Oh my goodness, you would have to know my husband. He never, ever wraps anything. He bought this stocking, bought wrapping paper and tape and wrapped a couple of gifts for me. I am so touched, that I am teary just writing this.  :) He said that it was probably quite a sight for everyone to see a big bear of a man, in the parking lot, trying to wrap a gift while cutting the paper with a pocket knife. LOL I told him I did not care how it was wrapped. Just the thought that he made a special trip to town on Christmas Eve day to get something for me and wrapped it himself, just blows my mind. The idea of fudge was just an excuse so he could get to town without me expecting anything.  ;) He is a sly, but so sweet man!  ;D We still got fudge, though. LOL

Happy birthday Cathy and Susan! I hope you both are having an amazing day.

Everyone have a wonderful family Christmas Eve!

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Rooney

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2013, 04:11:40 PM »
Winona! What a sweet, sweet man! :D

Happy Birthday Cath! :) :)  Please tell me you feel great cause I'm only 5 years behind you! ;)

Offline Andrea G

• no better thing under the sun
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2013, 09:45:05 AM »
Winona, that is so sweet!!
Loving life in southern Ontario
Wife to David, Mom to Kate, Paul, Matt and Julianne

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2013, 10:41:51 AM »
Winona, how sweet and loving of Kevin!  Guess that's why you married him.  ;)  You have my mouth watering for fudge but I am out of chocolate chips.

Rooney, I actually feel way better than when I was 20, literally.  I went undiagnosed with lupus and this thyroid condition so long, that when we figured all that out almost 3 years ago (for the thyroid and 12+ on the lupus) and got me on thyroid meds, my life has changed, hugely for the better.  No more needing a nap almost daily...maybe a couple of times around my cycle and that's about it.  Having changed our diet for the better several years ago (and continuing to tweak and improve) and adding the natural version of thyroid meds since I no longer have my thyroid due to the cancer has allowed me to go off almost all meds (still need occasional ones for asthma and now and then for pain, but way less than even 5 years ago).