Author Topic: Wednesday, Dec. 25, 2013  (Read 3533 times)

Offline gaggleofseven

Wednesday, Dec. 25, 2013
« on: December 25, 2013, 08:32:26 AM »
Merry Christmas!  :)
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
Re: Wednesday, Dec. 25, 2013
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 08:39:35 AM »
Merry Christmas!

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 08:45:18 AM »
I hope everyone has a great day with family and friends.  :)

I've started vegetable beef and barley soup in the crock pot, and have two loaves of Italian bread and a tray of baked goods to go along with the soup.

I want to look at Herrschners website today and see what's on their after-Christmas sale; I'm definitely going to get an earlier start on next year's presents.  ;)

Merry Christmas to all my Titus 2 Homemaker friends!

Jennie

Jennie

Offline RenKnitter

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 09:32:11 AM »
I want to look at Herrschners website today and see what's on their after-Christmas sale; I'm definitely going to get an earlier start on next year's presents.

I got a catalog from them earlier this week with a free shipping code - FS1213 - until Jan. 20th with an order of $35.00 or more. I don't know if this will be promoted on their website, so I thought I would pass it along. 

Merry Christmas and Happy Shopping!

Renee'

Offline Andrea G

• no better thing under the sun
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 09:42:54 AM »
Merry Christmas everyone!  :D
Loving life in southern Ontario
Wife to David, Mom to Kate, Paul, Matt and Julianne

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2013, 10:35:19 AM »
I want to look at Herrschners website today and see what's on their after-Christmas sale; I'm definitely going to get an earlier start on next year's presents.

I got a catalog from them earlier this week with a free shipping code - FS1213 - until Jan. 20th with an order of $35.00 or more. I don't know if this will be promoted on their website, so I thought I would pass it along. 

Merry Christmas and Happy Shopping!

Renee'

Thank you, Renee'!   :)
Jennie

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2013, 10:47:51 AM »
Merry Christmas, All!

We've had a fun morning so far with the Baked Caramel French toast, reading the Christmas story, and opening gifts.  I got hiking boots from my parents, nice ones!  They were on my list along with the fitbit but I was meaning either/or, not expecting both by any means.  I am thrilled!  We love to hike but I have weak ankles and our mountains are very rocky granite so my ankles usually end up hurting.  These are the taller kind so should provide good support.

Our ham is in the oven, cheesy potatoes and a squash casserole prepped and ready to go in soon, and a peanut butter pie for the rest of my family made.  I'll have leftover b-day cake.  ;)  I'll make some baked beans soon as well. 

Earl is putting up the boys Hot Wheels Wall Tracks set they got from Grams and Poppy.  Seems like a good option to keep it off the floor...we'll see how that works out.  The kids were thrilled with their tablets and Earl surprised me with one as well.  It will be handy to carry along to homeschool co-op or when I go out to get coffee and menu plan.  I gave him a reloading kit and a holster.  :P 

Not familiar with Herrschners but now you've got me curious so I'll look that up.  :)

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!
Catherine

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 12:52:43 PM »
Merry Christmas ladies!

It has been such an awesome day! We opened our gifts. I got a big mug, big bowl with handles, and Amazon gift card. My honey wanted to make sure I couldn't peak. LOL He took the tape around and around the gifts. LOL Took quite a while this morning to open things.  :o  I wanted to find out what color he wanted, so waited to ask. I will be buying the yarn to make him a new scarf. His is worn out, but I made it for him over 20 years ago.  :o He wants plain brown with no frills.  ;) So the only thing he had to open was a package of Snickers. He acted like they were gold. I love that man! ;D

After opening gifts, we had a breakfast of ham and eggs and fried potatoes while watching old Andy Griffith shows.  :)Then we went to the Care Center to visit MIL. We decided to stay and have lunch with her. She was so happy that we both got kind of teary eyed just seeing her excited. I had embroidered her name on a fleece throw, bought her a book, and took her some of the homemade fudge. She ate several pieces of the fudge. Glad I cut it in small pieces.  ;) Her brother and SIL came while we were there, so we had a good visit. Fern kept saying, 'It has been a good day.' She got that sentence out, clear as a bell. Good to see her able to talk some today.

I came home and called all the kids. Now we are just piddling for the rest of the day! It HAS been a good day!

Jennie, is Herrschner's a craft company? I seem to remember MIL going to a store called that in Kansas City many years ago, and I had a catalog with lots of needlecraft items in it with a name like that? Hmmm, I will google.  ;)

You all have a wonderful day with your families.

Blessings,
Winona
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 12:53:46 PM by MoWin »
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2013, 05:36:35 PM »
http://www.herrschners.com/

Catherine and Winona, here is the link to Herrschner's site. My MIL used to buy supplies from them and they have a lot of craft items and kits.

Jennie
Jennie

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2013, 09:20:13 PM »
Thanks Jennie. Just ordered a catalog from them.
Blessings
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie