Author Topic: Thursday, December 26th, 2013  (Read 1355 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Thursday, December 26th, 2013
« on: December 26, 2013, 07:21:01 AM »
Happy Day after Christmas!  :)

Getting ready to head to shop for groceries for the month of January.  I thought of putting it off awhile but we are out of butter and that's unthinkable!  I used the last of it in the squash casserole and cheesy potatoes yesterday.  I wouldn't normally cut it so close but Azure has shorted it the past two months on my order.  Mallory is going with me for "mommy and me time" as she likes to call it.  That's one of her love languages.

We received a gift card to our favorite Mexican restaurant from our adopted "family".  It was for a very generous amount so we figure we can eat at least twice if we go on kid's night with some still left over.  So, since I'm shopping today, Earl thinks we should go tonight since Thursdays are kids' night (kids eat for .99).  The last Thursday of each month they also do a drawing for a bike so that's today as well.

Nothing too exciting here other than grocery shopping.  I am strangely excited about that, lol.  I got two Starbucks gift cards for my birthday plus still have my free bday drink on there, so am stopping on my way to the commissary for a breve sugar-free caramel machiatto.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline wrancher

Re: Thursday, December 26th, 2013
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 07:50:13 AM »
Good Morning

Boy are we on vacation or what. This sleeping in is going to be hard to break.

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 08:26:22 AM »
Got interrupted. Today is DD 19th bday! Yikes. Not sure how that happened!  Today is clean house, bake cake and get ready to be gone for a few days. DS has a orthodontist apt at 710 in morning so we will leave by 5 then this weekend DD has a basketball tourney for 2 days. I always feel guilty leaving but I have so much  fun at the games!  So I would like to get my end of the year bookwork going. I think I will put it on my laptop with this new program then I could maybe work on it this weekend at motel. No special party for DD as everyone is back at jobs. Just us. I am sure she will be thrilled, HA I got her a gift card for clothes as we cant agree on that area. She has a job at H & R block and just takes appts but at least she can do her homework and also get paid. Keeps her busy. Well coffee time again and laundry, dishes, etc. time. I am getting so spoiled as the kids help DH outside so I can get inside things done. I better get them finished now or I will regret it later.

Have a great day
Janice

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 08:44:11 AM »
Good morning!

Today I've got a lot planned.  I already started taking down the christmas decorations last night and I will get that finished today.  Our house is too little with kids' toys to have the tree up for long.  I'm planning on taking the kids for a walk first thing and then I need to clean the stove really well and do some general tidying and cleaning.  I kept up well with the house during the holiday, so it's not that bad, really.

I think I may have kidney stones, so I'm drinking a huge amount of water today to try to help flush them out.  Other than that, we're all doing pretty well these days.  I'm still working on reducing our possessions and I've got 3 boxes ready to go to the thrift store tonight, so I'll be taking care of that along with picking up some milk and bananas.

I hope you all had a joyous holiday!
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 08:51:45 AM »
Good morning! I'm spending today getting caught up on laundry and housework. The kitchen is tidied and the first load of laundry is in the washer. I have to run out later for bird food and a few groceries. Otherwise, it looks like a fairly relaxed day. Dinner tonight is leftover soup or chili and sandwiches.

Janice, happy birthday to your DD!
Catherine, have a nice day with Mallory!
Shelly, hope you feel better soon!

Have a great day!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!