Author Topic: Tuesday, December 31, 2013  (Read 1811 times)

Offline wrancher

Tuesday, December 31, 2013
« on: December 31, 2013, 06:34:24 AM »
Happy New Years Eve!

Offline wrancher

Re: Tuesday, December 31, 2013
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 06:50:03 AM »
So DH shoulder is just sprained.No breaks or cracks. Thank Heavens. He is suppose to rest it so we will see how that goes. Today is catching up on everything that needs done. I put pinto beans to soak last night, Today I am making beans and ham with a ham bone  and pressure canning pintos as I am out. I am also out of chicken in jar so pressure canning some skinless thighs from Sams Club. I will make crab salad to take with us tonight to a friend who just built a shop. A place where we can go as a family and play games and cards. DS is anixous to wear his mocassins he made from the kit I bought him at Tandy Leather for 4.99. If any of you have a tandy store these are so worth it. The kids can accomplish it and they look like nice little moccasins.Would make a nice gift. I am kicking myself for not picking up more. They are only on sale today for 67% off. DD is picking up sewing so I bought her material to make the unpaper towels. They have snaps and you can put on paper towel holder. I found her a pattern for pj pants so now to find some free or cheap material as it takes 3-4 yds! Well I am the only one up so enjoying my quiet time. I need to get some traeger pellets ordered and few other things online here so better do it while I am thinking of it.

Have a great day
Janice

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 07:49:57 AM »
Good morning!

Janice, sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you.  I'm glad your husband's shoulder isn't broken or fractured.  Good luck getting him to rest! :)

I am continuing the "Big Purge" of my house.  I've been getting rid of so much unused stuff.  I've decided that 2014 is the year for me to get organized and I cannot do it with my mind and home all cluttered. 

Well, I'm off to read some more and then start cleaning.  I need to make the most of the time off from homeschooling and get something accomplished. 

Have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 08:08:30 AM »
Good morning!

Janice, glad your dh's shoulder is not broken.  Still sounds painful, though.  :(  That Tandy's store sounds wonderful...is it a chain? I've seen where people have made those unpaper towels and they look pretty cool.  Oh, and thanks for the card and bookmark!  They arrived last week and I forgot to say something.

Just had a mint chocolate chip protein shake (made a big one and the boys shared some) so now I'm cold and having hot Cranberry Wassail to warm up.  I'd love Starbucks but decided it would be wasteful to run the van to warm it up just to get get that.  :D  So I'm having the Wassail for now and may get coffee when we're out to go to the library later.  The branch one opens at 1.

Yesterday, well, what a day!  We have to get our small animal permit renewed every year for the chickens and rabbit and it goes by calendar year.  Earl went Friday to fill out the paperwork and the animal control officer called yesterday at 12:30 to see if he could come by at 1:15.  Which was fine except when we were getting replacement pullets this year, we got four figuring one of our old lady chickens would keel over in the heat or something.  But no one did and we didn't ever rehome the rooster AND we moved the rabbit outside recently.  So now we are over temporarily (we do plan to rehome rooster as he's getting meaner).  Maddy is the chicken wrangler around here and she's off at Winter Retreat, so Mallory and I go out to catch a couple of hens and bring them in the house in the indoor rabbit cage.  Ha!  In doing so, we accidentally let all but 3 chickens out.  We catch two of those and put them in but can't get the others back into the coop.  I think they were singing "Freedom!"  The laws changed at some point to where they are not allowed to free range even in your yard any more, so just about the only time they're loose is if we're cleaning the coop.  The bottom of the door on the rabbit tractor broke recently and we've been putting a paver over that spot, but somehow the rabbit also got out yesterday.  So the animal control officer shows up and ALL the critters are loose in the back yard.  Luckily, it was one of the nicer ones and he's been out for several of our other inspections and knows we do take care of our animals and try to follow the laws as far as size and free-ranging.  Anyway, I want more than ever to move outside city limits and not have to mess with all this stupidity.  Now I'm extra motivated to get rid of the rooster so we won't be over the limit, too.

I'm kinda low on energy today thanks to my cycle.  I had hoped to work on a deep clean/declutter of my kitchen yesterday but kept getting sidetracked with other drama.  Not sure if I have the energy today to do it.  I feel like curling up with a book but we'll see.  I rarely do that.

Cheryl, good for you on getting rid of stuff!  I'm trying to do that as well.

Catherine
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 10:07:18 AM by greyhoundgirl »

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 10:05:44 AM »
Good Morning Everyone!

Got up earlier but decided to sit down with the kids and watch a movie think it was called Cinnamon pretty cute movie surprised the kids choose to watch it lol.

Need to clean my room today and put the Christmas stuff back in storage, I am slowly getting the house reorganized. The kids have an apt at 3 ugh I'm so tired of running places we were out of town the last 2 weekends I'm ready for some down time. Hubby just text from work and said at least 5 people are fuming mad bc their lunches have been stolen. Makes me feel bad for however did it that they are hungry enough to feel they have to resort to that.

Well off to wash my bedding have a great day everyone!
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.