Author Topic: WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 1, 2014  (Read 1603 times)

Offline wrancher

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 1, 2014
« on: January 01, 2014, 07:19:46 AM »
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Offline wrancher

Re: WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 1, 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 07:25:58 AM »
That is the most emotion I have used wishing in the new year! We ended up not going to our friends last night because it was snowing and cold. So today we are having the long awaited ice skating party,So need to finish whipping things into shape before 2. Our other friends from the city are coming down to hunt also. I need to clean of my desk (but I hate to work on year end) and finish canning beans along with clean house and probably fix more food. Will have kids haul over wood for bonfire

Have a great day
Janice

Offline artsyone

• My Enchanted Life
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 10:32:08 AM »
Happy New Year!!!!
I have my blackeye peas simmering and my greens ready to go in the cooker.I will make cornbread later, it cannot hurt and it smells soooo good in this house.

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 11:35:00 AM »
Happy New Year! Today is going to be filled with Bowl games, laundry, crocheting, and reading. I found a new pattern for crocheted dish cloths that looks simple enough for me to try.  ;)

Dinner tonight is scrambled eggs and waffles.

Have a great day!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 12:49:53 PM »
Happy New Year, all!

We slept in late and then I made a big breakfast of waffles, eggs, and bacon while we watched the parade. Jean is now mowing the fallen leaves into the lawn while I knit and watch a little TV. We're headed to a wedding in Gettysburg tomorrow and the weather is expected to be snowy and COLD. Blackeyed peas and a ham bone are in the crockpot, and the only other thing I need to do today is get our clothes together for the wedding, though I might also hop on the treadmill for a few to give me a little bit of a 'cushion' for the wedding reception ;).

Have a wonderful day and a great start to the new year!

M :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline luv2bmom

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 01:58:43 PM »
Hi ladies,

Happy New Year to you all.  I am proud that I made it through the holidays with my emotions under control.  I don't know really if any holiday will ever be the same for me since losing my son.  I do try and I enjoy being with my family but the rest is just going through the motions.....sigh....

I never want to be a someone who makes anyone feel bad so i'll move on....our weather is turning bad tonight in Ohio but i'm prepared.  I plan on crocheting or sewing after dh leaves for work.  I have everything in place in case we lost electricity.  We just finished eating beans w ham, cornbread and pork and kraut. 

I went to Kroger earlier and was happy to find Green Giant vegetables for $3 for $1, I bought 2 flats!  Flour was $.99 bag.  I enjoy after Christmas sales!

I plan on being here more, kinda took a break for the past month or so....I pray you all have a great evening!  take care....
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus