Author Topic: Thrusday, January 2, 2014  (Read 1184 times)

Offline wrancher

Thrusday, January 2, 2014
« on: January 02, 2014, 07:56:40 AM »
Oh that 2014 will take a while to get use to. I will probably mess up at some point and put 2013 out of habit. Today is bookwork day for me till I take DD in for practice, I have enough food cooked around here I just will reheat. I have chicken spaghetti, lasgane, crab salad, ham and beans, chicken and noodles. Some will go in freezer or can the ham and beans. I wll just keep house picked up since we had party yesterday. Not a huge turnout but just right. Probably people were healing up from the night before. The ones that came were like us that had stayed home the night before. I also want to make a rope cross again while I have some ropes out.  I canned 16 qts of pinto beans the other day and 2 qts of chicken but I used the chicken in the chicken noodle soup. I will get chicken when I go to the city again and can some as we are out again.

Have a great day
Janice

Offline fishermanwife

Re: Thrusday, January 2, 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 10:26:35 AM »
Kids went back to school today so its a little too quiet. Ollie is watching Daniel Tiger and playing with the dog who I just had to go fetch from outside instead of doing his business he was by the far ditch chewing on a 5-6 inch crawdad now that tells you we have had too much rain and are in a constant flood watch lol.  Doing a lot of laundry today and picking up my room, dinner tonight is potato soup and cheese biscuits. Have a great day everyone.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Thrusday, January 2, 2014
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 10:37:30 AM »
Good morning!

Woke up late this morning but decided to go hiking.  Wasn't sure last night with the cold temps.  Morgan wanted to go but not the other kids so we quickly got ready, made protein shakes to drink in the van, and drove out there.  Only to find that they have too many people off work today so the lady who usually leads the guided hikes had to stay on the desk.  So, we went to Target for a couple of things, then to TSC for pet food.  Now I'm home and trying to start the day.

Yesterday, I decluttered and cleaned the cabinet under the kitchen sink as well as the cabinet I use for my crockpot and bigger pots and pans.  Vacuumed them out (kitchen sink cabinet is on an outer wall and mice seem to make it in there, but no farther, thanks to the cats), then cleaned them with cleaner and a rag.  Got rid of a vase, a lid for a pan we no longer have, and several odds and ends.  Looks better under there but it's especially nice just to KNOW it's clean.  :)

We have the spot with no cabinet that I originally used as a desk.  I have a couple of big stockpots, 50 lbs of onions, and occasionally potatoes or other bulk produce under there but it's not very efficient or pretty.  Yesterday, I had the idea to ask Earl to put a shelf under there allowing about 10 inches of space on top and almost 2 feet underneath it.  I will still be able to store the big stockpots and onions there, but there will be room above for quite a few mason jars.  I like to keep an assortment in the house for leftovers, especially half gallon ones and quarts, but right now they've been in  my lazy susan taking up most of the space.  With that cleared out, I can put some other items away and keep the counters more clear.  I am also thinking of putting up a tension rod and making a little curtain to cover that spot and pretty it up a bit.  I have seen this done before where people took out their dishwasher and have a gap left.

Dinner tonight is Chicken Parmesan served with noodles for the kids, spaghetti squash for the adults, and homemade marinara.  Salad on the side and possibly garlic bread for the kids.

Have a great day!
Catherine