Author Topic: Tuesday, January 7, 2014  (Read 1540 times)

Offline Proudmama

Tuesday, January 7, 2014
« on: January 07, 2014, 05:01:37 AM »
Good morning!

Good Lord, it is COLD out there today!!!  Not as cold as some areas but way too cold for me!

Zachary was supposed to go back to school today but got a text yesterday saying his bus was cancelled.  It is so cold in Pittsburgh that only essential employees will be reporting to work at Duquesne although the students can return to their dorms if they can get back to school.  I am sure he is not the only one who will be going back to school late.  He is taking the early bus tomorrow morning but will miss the first day of class.  He only has two tomorrow so he emailed his professors and explained the situation.  It will be much warmer tomorrow when he goes back!

I have nothing planned for today.  I am dreading going out to wait for the bus with Molly.  Mindy already had to go out twice and I felt as though I were going to die out there!  Hopefully, her bus will be on time.

Once I get back in the house, I need to put clean sheets on my bed and will then jump into a nice hot shower!  I also need to clean up the kitchen and wash the kitchen linens.  I normally don't use the dryer much but I will put my sheets in there today.  My basement isn't heated and it is just too cold down there to stay there long enough to hang up the sheets.  Our bill has been extremely low lately and I will go back to hanging things as soon as it warms up a bit.

I think most of my day will be spent on the couch under at least one blanket.  I have some reading to do as well as some lists to make and goals to go over and plan.  I also still have to watch the newest episode of Downton Abbey and a few other shows that I watch as well.

Dinner tonight is gingerbread waffles, homemade applesauce and ham.

Have a wonderful day, everyone.  Stay warm!!!

Denise

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
Re: Tuesday, January 7, 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 06:05:33 AM »
Good morning Denise.  :D

It is a chilly 2* outside this morning....that is extremely cold for my southern blood. Lol.  Our schools are on a 2 hour delay because of the temps.  Our school buses don't have heat on them so 2* is a bit chilly for the younger ones to be riding for any length of time.  I think I'm going to call my Dad and see if he can take Lainey to school for me so I won't have to get the boys out.  Evan and Holden have both been sick for a week or so...horrible congestion and coughs and temps as high as 104*.  It's been a looooong week.  :'(

On todays to-do list is to rock baby boys and wipe noses. If I can do anything else, I will wash a load or two of laundry and get it hung up down the hall.  Since my washer is outside, I'll have to wait until it warms up a bit.  :P  I also will need to do animal chores a couple of times today, carrying warm water and checking on everybody.  I was in the goat shed yesterday checking on things and it was right comfy in there.  ;D 

Supper tonight is homemade chicken noodle soup made with turkey broth from Thanksgiving.  I have my broth and chicken meat thawing now and I'll put it and the veggies on the wood stove to simmer all day long.  Yum  :D

Stay warm :)

Beth
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 06:07:49 AM by mooremama »
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 06:41:35 AM »
Good morning!

Hey, we have warmed up again today now that the cold front is passed.  We are at 17!  :P  My feet are cold, though.

So sore from my weight training workout yesterday.  Getting ready to go soak in a hot bath for a bit and see if that helps.  Then will get started on the day.  I wanted to sleep a little later today since it's the "off" day from working out, but didn't sleep well and then Earl's alarm went off and he laid there for awhile and started snoring again.  By then, I was wide awake, lol.

Not much planned for today.  We have Micah's b-day cake to decorate.  Hard to believe he is already 6!  Seems like it wasn't that long ago that he popped out in the middle of the night!  :D  He requested spaghetti for supper but I'm out of spaghetti noodles so we are having baked ziti instead. 

Oh, and I won life coaching sessions for this month on a blog back in December.  So my first one is today.  Kind of excited about that and am hoping it will help me meet my goals for the year.  I e-mailed my forms back Sunday night so have all that done.

Have a great day and stay warm!
Catherine

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 07:44:59 AM »
Good Morning

It is warm here!! 12 and feels like 2. These are above zero digits so we will take it. It is suppose to be 30 today. So I will head out here in a bit and do chores (missing my kids) and then in to finish tackling house and bookwork. I am washing sheets and everything in site. I have laundry and dishes going and need to put 2 roasts in crockpot for supper. BBall practice keeps us hopping as it is never consistant. Tonight is also wrestling practice and dd wanted to stay and run.  So who knows what time we all will be home.

Have  a great day

Janice

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 08:19:23 AM »
Send some of that warmth this way Janice!  ;)
We are at 4 degrees with real feel of 22 below.  Wicked cold!  I realized this morning, that I haven't left my house since Friday afternoon!  I even skipped church this week because of the weather.
How long until spring???

Not much going to happen here today.  We are waiting for oldest son's girlfriend to arrive from SC.  She was rerouted to NY instead of Atlanta, where she now sits in a delay.  She was suppose to arrive at 11 a.m., and now is looking at 5:30 tonight.  Hoping it goes smoothly for her from here on out. 

I am doing the day to day, and just trying to keep warm.  Dishwasher, decluttering, etc.   

Still no school for us here.  Too cold for the kids to wait for the buses.  This has to be the longest Christmas break ever!  Snow day on the last day before the start, and now two after the end!

Chicken Pot Pie Soup for dinner here.  Sounds comforting about now!  Recipe is from skinnytaste.com
Have a blessed day everyone, and stay warm if you are in the Polar Vortex (or if you just feel like your are!).
Pam 
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Rooney

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 02:55:38 PM »
Good afternoon everyone.

Last night we stayed up and did keep the pipes from busting again.  They did freeze though.  The upstairs shower wouldn't turn on late last light and that is NOT a good thing.  The pipes are under the tiled floor.  If they bust, you have the go through the ceiling below to repair it. :P  Weird that they froze because the upstairs is very warm.  Anyway hubby took a space heater in there and slowly unthawed them.  Maybe tonight we can sleep without worrying about this since it is supposed to start warming up here.  I think we are supposed to get up in the teens today. ;D

Denise- welcome back from your break :)
Janice- I don't know how you stand these kinds of temps all the time. Tough lady. :)

Have a good rest of the day,
Lindsay