Author Topic: Friday, Jan. 10, 2014  (Read 1794 times)

Offline gaggleofseven

Friday, Jan. 10, 2014
« on: January 10, 2014, 05:43:35 AM »
Good morning!

The temperatures are slowly warming up, which is a blessing. Lots of housework, some paperwork, and laundry on my agenda today.

Dinner tonight is hamburgers.

Have a great day!  :)
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Friday, Jan. 10, 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 06:09:53 AM »
Good morning, Jennie and everyone after!

Workout done and I'm sitting here having my mint chocolate chip shake.  :)  I try to get protein in within 30 minutes of working out. 

It has been raining out through the night, after misting in the evening.  We are supposed to be in the low 60's the next few days except for Sunday which is now forecast to be 72.  Huh?!?  What happened to winter?  I was all excited because December was colder and snowier than normal, but maybe we got it all early.  Hope not, we need a bit more.

So, today, I need to type up a syllabus for my biology class, and hopefully also send out an email listing required reading to the parents.  The challenge with this class is that we have kids of different ages using different curricula, so I'm going to send out a list of topics to be covered so the parents can be sure they read the corresponding chapter in THEIR curriculum before class if they haven't covered that yet.  I have 16 students this semester, up from 10 last semester, and 8 of them were in the class last semester.  So the other 8 are new to me.  I'm feeling a lot better about this semester, knowing more what I'm in for and what to expect.  :)

Also, hoping to go get a haircut.  I bought that pre-paid card awhile back and have one haircut left on it, so it will be free aside from tip.  I need to color my hair so figure I should get it cut first so there is less to do.  My hair is so thick that every little bit helps.

Dinner tonight is pizza.  We don't have it every Friday or Saturday, but a couple of times per month we do.  I think Earl is planning to start on our bathroom this weekend and hopes to tear out the tub tonight.  I am so excited to get a new (clean) tub!  I think the one we have is the original from the 60's.  Also, there has always been a smell in the bathroom from the time we moved in, so hoping replacing the floor will help with that.  I just hope we don't run into big issues that need fixed as we don't really have the money for that right now.  We're quite sure we will need to replace the drain pipe and can do that.

Better get moving.  Need to get one load of laundry out and put the next in the dryer, then hit the shower.

Catherine

Offline Cathie

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 06:26:37 AM »
morning ladies ~

I have survived the plague of 2014 and lost 6 pounds to boot so perhaps it's a win win  ;)

we have had tooooooooooooooo much going on and it's positively overwhelming so I am trying to focus on the positive instead of the negative

have a great day everyone!!

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 08:06:37 AM »
Good Morning

Nice to see so many people on this morning. Lots going on today so need to stay on task. The calves came last night dh bought the other day. We will brand and give shots today. DH is doing chores then hauling a load of wheat to town before we brand. I have 2 racks of ribs dry rubbed and waiting for grill to get going. DS brought a friend home last night for sleepover that I knew nothing about . We will have some waffles and sausage here in a bit. DD has practice 1130-1.I have a few errands to run that DH didnt do yesterday. DD and I will need to pack and get organized for tournament this weekend. DH might take DS wrestling on Sunday. DH is more excited than DS so we will see if that works. IF they do they could come up after chores and stay with dd and I then they wouldnt have so far to go.

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 10:23:22 AM »
Hello everyone!
Today is filled with laundry, dishes, vacuuming and cleaning my couch. I got a new couch a few months back and my lil chihuahua sheds like crazy on it. It's quite the hassle. But I do love the couch!  It's mostly a stay at home afternoon but this evening me and Chad are going to my parents house. My dad is putting a new sink in the kitchen and Chad is going to help him. Plus, they will be having my lil niece Mya there to spend the night. I love getting to see her! She is a little ball of sunshine!
We got about an inch of snow last night but today it is almost all gone! Its 45 degrees now and supposed to get up to 50! I love the winter, but I think I've had enough. I'm counting down to spring.
You all have a blessed day!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 10:25:46 AM »
Good Afternoon!

Back to normal today.  Well, as 'normal' as can be ;).  Jean left for work a little late, since our neighbor decided to avoid their icy driveway by parking in the street (illegal in this neighborhood) and blocking our driveway. Who does that :o? I'm getting over a little cold, but still decided to get dressed - shoes, makeup, hair, and all - and get on with my day.  I've been behind on NSA hours through the holidays, so I cranked out everything that I had to get my timesheet back on track.  I also have the black beans in the Crock*Pot for tonight's tacos.  Left for today is:

*Go over both bathrooms
*Wash sheets/make bed
*Wash rugs
*Floors
*Knit

Have a wonderful day, ladies!!
M :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥