Author Topic: Rice noodles - Ingredient of the day 1/13/14  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
Rice noodles - Ingredient of the day 1/13/14
« on: January 13, 2014, 06:15:55 AM »
I love cooking with bean threads and so I got some rice noodles thinking they'd be fun to experiment with too.  I cooked them according to the package directions and they were just...blah.  They also had a weird aftertaste I didn't like.  I have a gallon size jar full of them and don't know what to do with them.  I'm hoping some of you enjoy them and can give me some tips or recipes.
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
Re: Rice noodles - Ingredient of the day 1/13/14
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 07:25:01 AM »
I love, love, love them in Pad See Ew at our local Thai restaurant ;D. That's my only experience with them! I've tried making it at home, but haven't been able to find the wide, flat rice noodles, so I end up breaking up lasagna noodles, and it's just not the same.

M
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
Re: Rice noodles - Ingredient of the day 1/13/14
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 07:30:16 AM »
The wide flat noodles is what I've got.  I bought them at kroger in NC if that helps.  Maybe you have a Kroger nearby?  I'll have to see if I can find a recipe and give it a try.
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)