Author Topic: Wenesday, January 15, 2014  (Read 2003 times)

Offline wrancher

Wenesday, January 15, 2014
« on: January 15, 2014, 06:11:33 AM »
Good Morning

Offline Cheryl

Re: Wenesday, January 15, 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 06:32:36 AM »
Good morning!

I love the new look to the board! :)

It's a cloudy day but I'll take it over the weather we had last week.  I have laundry to do, so I guess it'll be hanging all over my house to dry. 

I need to run to the library to return some books and pick up more, then I'll get Emily started on her school work while I get some housework done.

Supper tonight is baked pork chops, squash casserole, and mashed potatoes.

Have a great day! :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 06:35:37 AM »
Hopefully other homemakers drop in at least to say Hi this morning. Where has everyone been?  Today is normal chores than help DH fix gate. When I get back to house around 10  I will do bookwork and laundry and dishes. I need to plan something for supper. I put ribs on the smoker last night when the kids got home they were ready. Tonight is another meeting in a town about 45 min away. Its 530-830 and usually ends around 9 ugh. A neighbor lady will do it with me but she might not be there tonight. It is a 5 week session on business management of farm/ranch. Tomorrow I have appt in city then would like to be back by 1 for another meeting on cattle fax. This time of year there are meetings all the time.  I am getting somewhat closer on bookwork but then I picked up MIL 4 accounts. I love doing it when it all works out. This new program is a challenge though.  I will pick up kids from school then take DD back when I leave for meeting. I think when the other kids leave from church they can get dd from basketball practice and all come home together.  It will be a miracle if that works. ha Well getting kids out the door, start dishwasher and washing machine and out the door for chores. Hopefully no wind today.

Have a great day
Janice

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 07:24:30 AM »
Good morning, not much going on today just lots of laundry and dishes. Just me and Ollie home today, Abby was sick Monday and stayed home yesterday bc of their 24 hr rule. Tonight for dinner will be meatloaf. Got a new pillow yesterday it elevates my head and body a little more, I slept really well and in no pain and my arms didn't fall asleep til 4 am when I got hubby out the door then I made the mistake of laying on hubbies pillow now my shoulder and arms are hurting again ugh I really should go to the Dr but are new insurance is horrible I got so spoiled for the last 11 years I never paid a Dr bill more than the $20 copay. Wow this post is really random lol guess I will go get some more coffee. Have a great day everyone!
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline Andrea G

• no better thing under the sun
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 08:22:21 AM »
Good morning! It sure has been quiet here lately.  I've been reading, just not posting,

It is mild here today, about 33F. I need to take Matt to the orthodontist this afternoon, but other than that it is a stay at home day. I am planning to get some serious cleaning done today. I hope to do some crocheting too, I am making a baby blanket for a friend. David is back on the night shift, so I am having to adjust to that. I don't really get my day started until he has gone to bed, so that throws me right off. I do better when we get up early for day shift. It seems like I get a lot more done when I start early, but I want to spend time with him before he needs to sleep.

Cheryl, your dinner sounds yummy!  :)

Janice, I get tired just reading your posts. I don't know how you do it all, can you package some of that energy and send me some?  ;D

Norma, how is Trenten doing? :)

Have a great day everyone!
Loving life in southern Ontario
Wife to David, Mom to Kate, Paul, Matt and Julianne

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 08:25:39 AM »
Morning All!

Early day, when the first alarm went off at 4:15.  Jean was packed up and on the road by 5:05, after which I hit the treadmill and completed a couple of circuits of an arm/weight workout.  Since then I've made a juice for breakfast, done some NSA work and other computer things, and chatted with a friend online. 

On tap for today is laundry, cleaning the kitchen countertops (including clearing the mail stack off of the island), going over both bathrooms, and making the bed.  We have choir practice tonight, and will run by the library before that to return some books.  I have an Etsy order to get started on as well. 

Dinner tonight is pot stickers - I think.  We were supposed to have them last night, but we ended up eating CiCi's pizza buffet for a late lunch while we were out yesterday, so we were still stuffed at dinnertime and didn't eat anything.  I usually like to make something super-easy or something in the Crock*Pot on Wednesdays, since we leave for church at 6 and don't get back until 8:30 or so, but I think I can make the pot stickers during the day today and just reheat them in a little broth when we get home for a quick, filling, and pretty light dinner.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day on their homesteads!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 09:13:21 AM »
Good morning!

I love the new look to the board! :)

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.  It's not done yet, but I hope to finish it up tonight.  I'm thinking I'm going to tone down the pink a bit too.  ;D
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 09:24:53 AM »
Aww thanks Andrea, he is doing Great! He went in for a check up Dec 30th and had a little stitch removed, he is healing up wonderfully, he doesn't like the two scars touched they might still be sensitive or it might be emotional thinking. But when hes not thinking about it he wrestles around with his siblings and is riding his bike good. The Dr trimmed off extra tissue from his belly button so he has a inny now instead of an outie and hes not too found of that he would like his old belly button back:( and I think I would too it was a part of him. Thanks for thinking of him!
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline Andrea G

• no better thing under the sun
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 10:41:17 AM »
Norma, that is awesome news! Sounds like he's recovering and getting back to having fun again :)
Loving life in southern Ontario
Wife to David, Mom to Kate, Paul, Matt and Julianne

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 01:01:14 PM »
I'm back, I'm back! So happy to be back. Now please don't judge me when you read why I haven't been on much lately. There are actually 3 reasons.  ;)

First, I always get in a funk in January. I just hate cold and snow and the dreary days. We have had a few warm days and the sun is shining, so I am a bit better. Plus looking at my seed catalogs makes me dream of spring.  ;D

Second, when it is really cold, my feet get too cold sitting in my computer area. Wouldn't you know that I would pick the coldest corner in our little cabin for my own.  :-\

Third, I thought my laptop had died. I have just been using my pad to get online and it is not easy to type posts on it. The laptop would not turn on. Kevin has had long hard days at work in the past couple of weeks, so I didn't say anything to him about it.  Finally this morning, I told him I was saving for a new laptop. He said he would take a look while I went to get gas in the car. He took out the battery and cleaned everything. He said it was packed full of cat hair, thanks to my Callie cat.  :o :-[ I never even thought of that. Anyway, after he put the battery back in, it started right up. Guess I need to start cleaning the inside of my computer as well as the outside.  ::) LOL Good thing I love my Callie.  See why I said not to judge me. LOL  :-[

Anyway, I am feeling less blue, it has warmed up a bit, and the cat hair is no longer inside my laptop, so I should be able to post more regularly.  ;D

Still be quilting on my Scrappy 36 patch. I am on block 20 out of 43 blocks, so almost half way done.  ;) Getting ready to start on my niece, Hayley's wedding quilt. I am making them a queen size log cabin quilt with earthy colors. I thought they were getting married in October, but just found out that the date is August 16, so I really need to get with this.

(Big sigh here) Kevin bought an app for his Pad. It has a scanner on it and tells you if products are GMO or not and a few other things. Oh my goodness, Sunday was a stressful day. He went through our fridge and cabinet. Needless to say, they are both kind of bare now. Yep, I tossed anything that had a high probability of GMOs out. Kevin didn't insist I do this, but once I knew these things had GMOs in them, I just couldn't keep eating/drinking them. So my grocery list just got longer. I hope to find some organic green tea. I gave up coffee, but come on, I need my green tea. I am still drinking Lipton green tea, but all the other teas I had, had a high probability of pesticides. Yuck! So we have been eating meat (nothing processed) , a little tiny bit of cheese and plain Greek yogurt, and lots of veggies. I'm actually feeling better.  I eat a mandarin orange, banana, or apple for a snack with a few nuts or seeds. So far so good. I have not had a Pepsi since Dec. 31. Feeling good about that. So I am back to the healthy eating. Maybe it will stick this time.  ;D

It is good to be back with you all. Everyone have a wonderful day!!!

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Rooney

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 01:40:10 PM »
Yay Winona!!  Welcome back, we missed you!! :) :)

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 09:18:33 PM »
Winona, way to go on the Pepsi! I havent had any pop since January 4. I've been drinking lots of water and powerade zero.  I must admit, it isnt that bad at all! Keep up the good work!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 06:48:59 AM »
Yay!  Welcome back, Winona!

M
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥