Author Topic: Friday, January 17  (Read 2071 times)

Offline luv2bmom

Friday, January 17
« on: January 17, 2014, 08:29:30 AM »
Good morning!
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline luv2bmom

Re: Friday, January 17
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 08:48:18 AM »
Hope all is well with everyone today!

I have fed the chickens, washed dishes and started a load of towels.  I'm thinking or going to Goodwill today only if I get all my chores done. 

I have half a porkloin in the crockpot to shred later for bbq sandwiches.  It's been such an adjustment for me to have only Coby and I to cook for.  I turned 51 last month and often I think of what life changing events that has changed my life.  Losing our son Braden, dealing with the unimaginable grief and trying to keep myself functioning.  My parents tell me often how proud they are of Coby & I through all this, I don't have words to explain how we make it through it day, it's just knowing i'm here for Coby and he is here for me.  Our girls are a lifeline for us, as are our grandchildren.  This is certainly a path we never imagined walking in our life. 

We are visiting our oldest dd the first week of February and so excited to her and the kids!  Our sil Warren is traveling to Kenya, Africa for that week and our dd will be worrying so it's a good time for us to go! 

I guess i'll get cleaned up and head out to Goodwill, take care ladies.....
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
mil to Warren and Marcus

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 09:42:21 AM »
Good morning Pixie and all who follow  ;D

Its a quiet morning here so far.  The boys are still snoozing and I am trying to type with a puppy licking my hand and laptop keyboard and screen.  My DH was out of town for work but got back last night.  I am so happy he's home!

Today, I take Sophie to the vet for her follow up appointment and then its a relaxing day.  Probably some housework and I am hoping to finish a book today.  Going to the inlaws for dinner this evening.  Thinking of making a sugar free treat for me to take.  Almost done with the sugar detox! 

Pixie - I bet you are looking forward to time with Mont and Ada!  I'll be in Ohio in about a week.. lets see how far away we are from each other :) 

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 11:10:42 AM »
Good afternoon!

Got up and did my workout first thing, made a big frittata for Earl and I for breakfast, then got a nice hot bath with Epsom salts.  Actually, the tub is in the but the shower part isn't done so we HAVE to take baths this week.  And I figure if I'm getting in anyway, might as well enjoy the water for a bit.  It's been a nice little luxury in the mornings.  I've got my sheets washed and in the dryer and will put those on shortly.  I cooked a big pot of white beans and ham for the kids for lunch and will probably fix myself a shake soon.  I don't require myself to have a shake every day, but often, it's something simple that fits my plan and tastes good so I do.  Especially the mint chocolate chip version.  We're trying to get plenty of protein in with the strength training we are doing.

Max and I went to Aldi to check out their Simply Nature items and see what our store actually carries.  I forgot about looking for the pasta sauce and noodles but found some of the other items.  On the way, we used the last of my Sbux gift card and got a small white mocha for me and apple juice for Max.  He thought he was big stuff going with mom.  We got some flowers at Aldi, yellow roses with a narrow red edge for our table, and a mixed bunch for our friend Jess who is so kind to our kids.  We ran those by her work and surprised her.  We also went to the health food store for cream, butter, and white vinegar.  I have been reading recently how regular store white vinegar is made from GMO corn, so I will be using that for cleaning but an organic version for my chicken stock or cooking.

This afternoon, I plan to get some things done around here.  General pick up, making vitamin C gummies for the kids, etc... .

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Catherine

Offline luv2bmom

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 01:01:52 PM »
Erica!

Yes, lets see how far!  Didn't one time we figured it was around 2 1/2 hours or so???   :)
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
mil to Warren and Marcus

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 05:16:58 PM »
yep, I looked it up!  Wonder whats in the middle (where I won't get lost, LOL)  I could get to Lima but that may be a bit further past the middle for you.

Offline luv2bmom

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 06:43:09 PM »
I've never been to Lima!!  I will check out the map and see what kind of drive (hopefully not confusing)!  I would love to meet up for lunch/coffee if you have the time!! 
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 08:07:13 PM »
Good evening ladies,

It was cold today, but supposed to get near 60* this weekend. Looking forward to that.  ;D I have been working on my grocery list. I'll finish when Kevin gets home. Tomorrow will be a long day for me. I have to do laundry and get all my groceries. I am always tired when I get home, but everything still has to be put away.  ::)

Today was Ava Beth's 8th birthday. I talked to her a little while ago. Not sure who is more excited, her or me. LOL She asked for and got a sewing machine for her birthday. I actually have a grandchild who is interested in sewing!  ;D She was asking me questions. She is going to nag her mom till she takes her fabric shopping. Can you believe it? I have a granddaughter who wants to buy fabric and sew. She wants to make some pillows, then move on with harder stuff. Woohoo! Can you tell this has me excited.

I made a batch of chicken and lentil soup today. It turned out good and really healthy.  ;) I have eaten healthy all week. Sure hope I can resist temptation tomorrow while I am in town.  :-\

Probably won't  have time to get on tomorrow. So I will say for you all to have a wonderful weekend. Sunday is our Hazel's birthday. Hard for me to believe my baby girl will be 27 years old. So I may not get on the board till Monday, but I will be back. LOL Sunday we visit MIL and I want to talk to Haze.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 11:03:54 PM »
I've never been to Lima!!  I will check out the map and see what kind of drive (hopefully not confusing)!  I would love to meet up for lunch/coffee if you have the time!!

I'll send you my number and we can talk when I get there   :D

Offline luv2bmom

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 06:44:37 AM »
Sounds good Erica!!

Winona!  yeah on the sewing machine for Eva!!  You two will have fun when your together!!

Brinly loves to sit in my lap to sew, she does everything but the pedal, i've taught her the name of every part and what they do.   It's so cute watching her move her little hands guiding the material through!  I love it!!!!
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
mil to Warren and Marcus