Author Topic: Aldi coffee?  (Read 1785 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Aldi coffee?
« on: January 17, 2014, 12:37:07 PM »
Just wondering if anyone uses their big can of standard coffee and, if so, if it's good?  Earl isn't picky about coffee, and their price is slightly better than the commissary's for their generic (made by the same people who make W-mart's generic) unless the commissary is running a special deal. 

Offline gaggleofseven

Re: Aldi coffee?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 03:05:30 PM »
Catherine, we have used it for several years, though we occasionally will splurge on Folgers. It is good, but I'm not an overly picky coffee drinker. You're right, the price is reasonable.

Jennie
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 03:05:51 PM by gaggleofseven »
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 03:19:27 PM »
I'm not picky either and I've used it before.  No complaints here. ;)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 04:12:57 PM »
Good to know!  Thank you both!

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 04:14:08 PM »
We use it here, too. We've also started buying their version of k-cups, and love those as well.

M
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 04:16:14 PM »
We use it here, too. We've also started buying their version of k-cups, and love those as well.

M

That's where their pricing is weird.  I can get brand name k cups for about the same price or less at the commissary (depends on the day) so those don't tempt me so much, lol.  Wouldn't you think it would be the other way around? 

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 04:26:30 AM »

M

That's where their pricing is weird.  I can get brand name k cups for about the same price or less at the commissary (depends on the day) so those don't tempt me so much, lol.  Wouldn't you think it would be the other way around?

I typically shoot for about 50 cents per k-cup or less, and they are slightly less than that at our Aldi (12 for about $5.60 I think).  Typically I can't find them that cheap without some hassle (using a Bed, Bath, and Beyond coupon, ordering them online, hit or miss clearance racks, etc), so I'm pretty thrilled!  You would think they'd be a little cheaper since they're a store brand, but for now, I'll take it!  I should say that for our everyday coffee we use one of the plastic, reusable, fill-your-own k-cups and the large can of Aldi coffee, so we don't use k-cups all that often.  We only buy them to get coffees and drinks that we wouldn't normally have - hot chocolates, decafs, flavors.

M
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 04:39:18 AM by MissMandy »
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 07:26:21 AM »
I do the reuseable cup as well.  But now and then I like to buy some cups for a little treat, or sometimes in decaf so in the evening I can have a cup without messing with cleaning out the reuseable filter.  Or back right before Christmas, I found the Gorilla brand cups in the "seasonal" aisle of the commissary for $2.89 for 12...these are organic, fair-trade so that was amazing!  When I shopped the day after Christmas I hoped to get more, but they were $5.89 at that point, go figure.  :P
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 07:27:42 AM by greyhoundgirl »