Author Topic: Saturday - January 18th  (Read 1691 times)

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
Saturday - January 18th
« on: January 18, 2014, 05:37:21 AM »
Goooood morning!
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
Re: Saturday - January 18th
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 05:51:54 AM »
Morning ladies,

Loving the new look of the board!

Today started out...interestingly.  Jean wanted to get up and moving early, so the first alarm went off at 4:15.  We finally rolled out of bed around 5 and went through our typical morning routine of packing the car, making and packing breakfast and lunch, and generally getting him ready for work.  Then he opened the door to leave, only to see that it had snowed 2-3 inches overnight!  So, out came the shovel and the ice melt and we got to work.  He made it to the top of our (short, but STEEP) driveway, so we thought he was golden.  Well, he called me a few minutes later to say that he skid and took out our neighbor's mailbox about a quarter mile up the street.  No big deal, but then he called me about 10 minutes later to say that he had gotten out of the ditch and made it out of the neighborhood, but that he hadn't left a note yet!  I was NOT thrilled  >:(.  So, instead of waiting for him to talk to them tonight on his way home, I strapped on my YakTrax ice walkers and hiked up the street to drop a note with our contact info in their mailbox.  At least I got my exercise (I just wish it wasn't at dawn on an icy mountain!)!

Jean's uncle is flying in to the area today and will be staying with us tonight before picking up a rental car and visiting other family.  It is always fun when he and his wife (who is still in Germany for this trip) come to visit, as they are only a couple of years older than I am, so we all get along really well.  I need to do some cleaning and work in the guest room and bathroom to prepare for his visit, but otherwise we're in pretty good shape.  I've got a turkey breast going in the Crock*Pot in a little while, and I think I'll do brussels sprouts, salad, and roasted sweet potatoes and butternut squash on the side.

Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline luv2bmom

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 06:52:49 AM »
Good morning all!

Mandy, wow it must have been really icy yesterday morning!  I feel your pain we have a long driveway, not steep but its up a hill!  I have gotten alot better over the years knowing how to drive up it, I used to gun the car, not a good idea, I tried it slow but ended up not making it up.  I finally realized it's slow and steady, don't gas it or let up off the gas and hope for the best!  Coby is very good to keep our drive plowed though....

I don't have any plans today, I asked dh if he wanted me to cook today but he wants to go out.  I have some laundry and clean around the woodstove. 

It's cold out, it's been a really cold winter and i've been told it will help control the ticks in the summer, I sure hope so cause they were bad this past summer. 

Have a good weekend and take care everyone!
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 06:57:09 AM »
Morning Mandy and all who follow

WINDY!!! ugh Was so needing a nice day to get some extra things done and DD came home from college to help. DD has practice 10-1130 and ds wrestles tomorrow. The normal house work and get my 1099s done  Nothing exciting here. Want to make extra meals for freezer.

Have  a great day

Janice

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 09:19:14 AM »
Good morning!

I'm a little jealous that some of you still have winter.  We seem to be having a taste of spring here, getting up to 68 today and 70 tomorrow.  Hopefully, we'll have another cold snap.  And the nice weather will be great for Bountiful Baskets today.

Feeling a little stiff and sore from yesterday's workout this morning.  Not a whole lot planned, but lots of odds and ends I could (and probably should) do.  Need to mix a small amount of chicken feed since theirs isn't arriving till this next week sometime and the can is empty.  There are always hot spots that need decluttering, again.  Kinda tired so we'll see how much gets done.

I think we may do hamburgers for dinner and "eat what you find" for lunch.  We have leftover white beans from yesterday, at least.

Catherine

Offline jrejhkids

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 10:24:01 AM »
Good morning.

I am staying home today.  This is my first day home with no one else as Josie is back in Tennessee with her grandparents and Harold is working.  I started a part time temporary job through tax season this week.  I worked four days and the other day Harold and I had errands. 

We are still socked in with a very dense fog.  Our visibility is probably 1/4 of a mile, not fun to drive in whether day or night time.  It looks like we will still have fog through early next week.  The other end of our valley has had sun, but not us or where I work.

I am getting my cleaning and laundry done this morning so that I can work on some sewing projects this afternoon.  I want to get some things done for Josie's birthday while she is gone.  We are planning on having some leftover soup for supper.  I want to make some Pretzel bread this afternoon to go with the soup and some salad.

~Cheryl

Offline auntotiti

• Charlotte Cait
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 02:43:33 PM »
Wow Mandy what a way to start the day....glad it was just the mailbox.
DH had to work today.
I have been trying to motivate to declutter spots.  Slow going but a start.. got the shred pile shredded and silverware drawer cleaned out, just need to put back together.
Dinner is stuck in my thought process.
We are at 70 need rain very badly...our gov has declared a drought here...praying a wet Feb-March...
Wishing you all a blessed day.
Married to mybest friend Mike 38 yrs
Sons Josh and Phil
Two beautiful sweet daughters in love
Three adored grands
Malyna, Nolan, Charlotte