Author Topic: Tuesday, January 21, 2014  (Read 1869 times)

Offline wrancher

Tuesday, January 21, 2014
« on: January 21, 2014, 06:42:10 AM »
Good Morning

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Tuesday, January 21, 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 06:51:00 AM »
Hi Janice!

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 06:58:43 AM »
Dragging this morning.  After upping my weights yesterday, I'm sore.  Plus yesterday was busy with working out in the morning, then going to co-op, getting home from that just before 2, going on a date with Earl about 5, then going to the homeschool mom's meeting from 7-9.  Glad to be home today.  :)

We are having a homeschool get-together today at the skating rink so the kids are really excited about that.  She got us a great deal, $5 per kid for 2.5 hours of skating AND the skates.  And they are going to play Christian alternative music and Christian rock during that time period. 

My kitchen needs some serious attention.  Earl built the shelf we were discussing under the former desk area in the kitchen.  So now I have a big area down below for a couple of huge stockpots I have, as well as bulk fruits or veggies, and a shelf on top that can fit even 1/2 gallon mason jars on it.  It will be nice to have some jar storage in my kitchen to free up space in the lazy susan for other things.  It keeps filling up with jars.

Never got to starting seeds yesterday, so I hope to get to that as well.  I need to make room under the grow light in the kitchen anyway, as my Biology students will be working with fast growing plants as part of a genetic experiment beginning next week and I will need light space to store those between classes.

Dinner tonight, well, I've had some various ideas, but am leaning towards chicken enchilada casserole in the crockpot.  I have some chicken breast I had cubed up for stir fry, so I have it thawing in the fridge and think I'll use it for enchiladas instead, making Alton Brown's homemade red enchilada sauce (we watched that Good Eats episode the other night).  That way I can have it ready when we get home from skating at 6:45 or so.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Catherine

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 07:21:43 AM »
Good morning all!

I'm trying to work up enough nerve to go to Walmart. :D  That place makes me want to run for the hills, with all that beeping from the registers, all those people, and having to walk forever to get what I need.  But sometimes I just have to go.  I'll try my best to get out of there in as little time as possible.

I have gone through all of our seeds and I need to place an order for some more today.  I'm not sure where I'm going to order from.  The past few years we've ordered from Baker Creek but I may try another company. :-\

Oh well, I've put it off long enough.  Guess it's time to go to Walmart. ;)

Have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 09:28:32 AM »
Good morning everyone!

Are any of you dealing with this freezing weather with high winds today?  It is kinda bad here.  Temps in the teens and a wind of 40 plus. We will be spending the day tending to the wood burners every hour and making sure pipes don't start freezing again.  That will be a very real possibility later this week.  Can't let the wood burners go out because with these winds you can't get them going again and we even have the special chimney attachments for the wind. :P  On the plus side, it sure is warm in here.

Janice- hope you have a wonderful and busy day as usual. :)

Catherine- It is neat how you are teaching your own class. :)  My mother got her degree in Biology too at UK.  Didn't you say you went to college in Kentucky too?

Cheryl-  I am with you on the not liking the Wal-Mart trips, especially when its crowded. :P

Have a good day,
Lindsay

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 09:45:00 AM »
Good morning everyone!

Are any of you dealing with this freezing weather with high winds today?  It is kinda bad here.  Temps in the teens and a wind of 40 plus. We will be spending the day tending to the wood burners every hour and making sure pipes don't start freezing again.  That will be a very real possibility later this week.  Can't let the wood burners go out because with these winds you can't get them going again and we even have the special chimney attachments for the wind. :P  On the plus side, it sure is warm in here.

Janice- hope you have a wonderful and busy day as usual. :)

Catherine- It is neat how you are teaching your own class. :)  My mother got her degree in Biology too at UK.  Didn't you say you went to college in Kentucky too?

Cheryl-  I am with you on the not liking the Wal-Mart trips, especially when its crowded. :P

Have a good day,
Lindsay

We went from 73 yesterday to 28 last night with crazy wind all day.  The winds have calmed today but the temps are staying cooler this week.

I graduated from high school in Kentucky, got my Associate's degree in pre-Pharmacy at the University of Cincinnati, then finished my B.S. in Chemistry here in Oklahoma.

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 10:07:50 AM »
Brrr its cold! I started hubbys car at 430am in shorts and now I'm in pants, long sleeve , and coat and freezing my phone app says its 28 but real feel is 21. I knew the warm sun was teasing me last weekend making me want to plant flowers lol

Kids are at school til 2 then I have to pick them up to take keagan to Dr he said his throat is hurting hoping its just drainage and not the strep that is going around.
Ollies Dr is thinking of getting his adenoids looked at bc he snores a lot and wakes every 2-3 hrs during the night, I just hope they can find something to help him bc neither of us have slept a straight 8 hours for the past 3.5 yrs since he has been born and its starting to wear on me.

Laundry is going and eggs cooking,Ollie loves his eggs lol, need to hang laundry and go thru some papers on my desk, very exciting day! Have a great day everyone!

Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline wrancher

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 01:36:27 PM »
Windy! AGAIN  Man this is getting old. When I got back from doing cow chores I took out garbage.But then I couldnt burn it and it is just getting worse. yesterday they said we had gusts to 68mph. We get exterme everything . If it is hot it is killer hot , cold, bitter cold, windy - tornados HA Just kidding but man I need to live in another place. Ha It felt good just to get garbage carried out when I did because now you couldnt do it. Enough complaining. The ice was thick on the water tanks this morning as it is really getting cold. Good free exercise. I called the other town over to see if DD could take the drivers part to her test and she can do it Thrusday the same day we have a game over there. THat is convient for a change. I am doing MIL books. I have 1 account done 2 to go. HA DH will do the church meeting tonight so I am happy about that!! I will get kids from practice and do more bookwork. Well better switch laundry around. I told DH he could sweep the floor he seemed to have some other work to do right away. I pry wont see him for awhile. ugh Well I will quit boring you.

Have a great day
Janice

Offline auntotiti

• Charlotte Cait
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 07:01:31 PM »
We were at 70 today, I am still waiting for winter...send rain...my petunias and gerbera daisies I planted last spring have bloomed as well as a snapdragon...they are as confused as I.
DH working swing shift so my day has been backwards...now I can clean.
Dinner can be super simple, just myself.
Wishing you all a wonderful evening.
Married to mybest friend Mike 38 yrs
Sons Josh and Phil
Two beautiful sweet daughters in love
Three adored grands
Malyna, Nolan, Charlotte