Author Topic: Burnt out  (Read 1488 times)

Offline bobbie78

Burnt out
« on: January 22, 2014, 07:39:01 PM »
Have you ladies ever been burnt out on food? Nothing tastes good to me as of lately. I know I'm blessed to have a kitchen full of food, but I just cant seem to cook anything that pleases me! Chad thinks everything is good and his family come over once or more a week and eat here. They all think everything tastes well. ITS JUST ME! After making a big dinner here tonight, I threw my plate out and heated up a can of spaghetti'os. I know, right? Spaghetti'os. Normally they are gross to me but Chad likes them so I buy them for him. They werent the greatest but they did taste better than my dinner. I feel so ashamed for feeling like this because so many go without. What do I do? Its been going on for about 5 days.
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline Proudmama

Re: Burnt out
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 04:55:08 AM »
Have you recently started any new medications?  That can sometimes effect your taste.  Either way, I would check with my doctor.  Changes in taste can sometimes be a sign of something else.

Denise

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 05:07:07 AM »
Yes, about 3 weeks ago I was taken off of my diabetes medication (Byetta) and put on Bydureon. I've read up on it and asked my pharmacist. He said it could be possible, but Bydureon mostly causes you to want to eat more.  Im going to give it a few more days and if it is still this bothersome, I'm going to call my doctor. thanks :)
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 06:10:59 AM »
No problem.  Good luck.

Denise

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 01:33:32 PM »
I'm burned out too, Bobbie. I am not on medicine but I just don't feel it anymore. Not sure why. Family size is now 3 but the budget has taken a hit. I think that since the pantry and freezer are almost empty there isn't much to work with thus leading to my lack of interest in cooking. The beauty of that is that I'm not baking goodies anymore which is good for our weight control but meals are becoming difficult. I do enough to get by but that's it. I don't buy any convenience foods either.  Maybe it will come back.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 11:19:13 PM »
Same here, Alice.  We were blessed with a little extra money this month for groceries and I stocked up. But, I still shopped frugally and made the best choices I thought. Towards the end of the month, we rely on canned fruit instead of fresh. And wouldnt you know, I'm constantly wanting fresh fruit. I do agree, its good for our weight. I am tired though of cooking a dinner and watching everyone enjoy it but me! Next month will be quite the struggle. We will only have a little bit for groceries. But I've sold some stuff on ebay and facebook and Chad took some metal to the scrap yard. So we've got 100 bucks put back for that. Thats quite a blessing! A hundred dollars dont get you far in the grocery store, but, I know God will open a door for us.  That is why I feel so guilty about this burned out issue. Next month I'm going to have to be super skimpy and buy less than this month. Oh, my. Good luck to you, Alice!