Author Topic: My Landlord  (Read 3685 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: My Landlord
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2014, 02:40:15 PM »
She called me bright and early this morning...its 3:47 pm here and already, a heating company came in and installed a furnace and two men are putting new back doors in.  We havent had heat in the last few days. Finally we got tired of not getting ahold of her and we drove to her house. I told her that I would be moved by next week and I wanted my deposit back by Monday. I was nice at first but she began telling me she could raise my rent and I told her that I'm sure there is a law somewhere (and that I would find out) stating that when you own a rental property there has to be two readily available exits open at all times and there must be adequate heat source. I told her she was not running all over me. I had no idea where we were moving too but I knew I was getting out of here! She called me this morning and apologized, said she would have everything fixed by 5 pm today. I told her I would believe it when I seen it. It is getting done, praise God. I'm not sure if our relationship will ever be the same, but i showed her she was not pulling a quick one on us anymore. She told me she did hope that Chad and I would stay and not move.  Time will tell, but I do pray things will work out. I'm very thankful today...not only for the back doors being fixed, but mainly, because we have HEAT! Thank you all for listening to me and praying for us.

So glad to hear something is being done.  :)  Enjoy your warm home this evening!

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2014, 03:35:38 PM »
Great news that she FINALLY came through!  This may be the time to require her to draw up a lease, though ;)

M
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2014, 03:54:35 PM »
I am glad things seem to be working out and thank goodness you have heat!  I hope all these issues have been resolved and you have no more problems. :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Rooney

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2014, 04:22:45 PM »
Great news that she FINALLY came through!  This may be the time to require her to draw up a lease, though ;)

M

I very much agree. :)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 04:23:20 PM by Rooney »

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2014, 04:59:03 PM »
I am glad everything is being fixed.  I hope things continue to be ok but you might want to keep your eyes open for a new place just in case.

Denise

Offline Andrea G

• no better thing under the sun
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2014, 07:46:24 AM »
Awesome! So glad you are warm now. :)
Loving life in southern Ontario
Wife to David, Mom to Kate, Paul, Matt and Julianne

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2014, 08:43:56 AM »
Thanks, ladies. I'm glad the problems are resolved. I am still searching for a new place, though. Thanks, again.
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.