Author Topic: Air popcorn  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Momtoseven

Air popcorn
« on: January 24, 2014, 02:23:46 PM »
We eat a lot of popcorn here and are thinking about getting an air popcorn popper instead of what we currently have.  Do any of you ladies use one and if so, do you salt the popcorn - it seems to me that it would be dry and that the salt would not stick.  Thanks for any info.

Ellen

Offline RenKnitter

Re: Air popcorn
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 03:37:03 PM »
I don't have a hot air popper now, but when I did, I would give the popped corn a spritz of nonstick cooking spray (Pam) and then salt it.  Just a little melted butter works also if  you are not watching calories. I am thinking about getting another hot air popper because my husband and son go through a lot of microwave popcorn.

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 11:17:55 PM »
I use mine all the time.  No, the salt doesn't stick unless you add butter or another oil.  I've gotten used to eating it plain and my kids don't know any different.  ;D  Of course, I do add butter sometimes.  Just not often.
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 11:23:40 PM »
Yes, I have one.  I do like someone above mentioned and spray it with Pam then the salt sticks better. I learned a neat idea from someone on Pinterest. You can put 1/3 c. unpopped kernals in a brown paper lunch bag, fold it down twice, put the bag in the micro with the folds down. Turn on your popcorn setting and you have awesome popcorn! I like my hot air popper, but not all of the kernals pop. I have to go through my popcorn and get the kernals out! It's a cheap one though, only cost like 30 bucks!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.