Author Topic: Saturday January 25, 2014  (Read 1237 times)

Offline bobbie78

Saturday January 25, 2014
« on: January 25, 2014, 12:44:00 AM »
It's 2:30 am where I am so I thought I would go ahead and start the daily. Nobody even posted it yesterday. Hope you all are well!

It is snowing out there right now. We are supposed to get 6". I think I'm going to make the best of this snow and quit complaining about the cold. So, I plan to go play in the snow tomorrow. Me and Chad are going to make a snowman and have a snowball fight! He doesnt know this yet, so I will spring it on him. :) We already have alot of snow out there. So if we get the full 6" that will probably be a foot and a half total for us.

Tonight's dinner is homemade pizza. Lets hope I can enjoy it!

Have a good one, ladies!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline Cheryl

Re: Saturday January 25, 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 06:31:24 AM »
Good morning, Bobbie & everyone!

It's been a few days since I posted in the daily thread.  I'm in sort of a slump right now.  The past two weeks have been tough financially and it's got me down. :(

Anyway, nobody wants to hear me whine, so I'll hush now. ;)

I think today I need to go to Tractor Supply for some chicken feed.  I may wait til later when my husband's home from work.  I have a mountain of laundry to do too.  I've been bad about staying on top of it during the cold.  My clothespins have been frozen together and my hands always freeze, so I've been putting it off.  I have one small drying rack I use inside by the wood stove but it doesn't hold a lot.  I put shirts and pants on hangers and hang them wherever I can.  It can be tricky trying to navigate around all of this! :D

Supper tonight is loaded baked potatoes, veggies, and dip. 

Have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 07:50:48 AM »
I was awake at 3:38 am already worried. We had so much snow last night--at least 12 inches and the roads are impassable. My husband worked the night shift and didn't come home at 7:05 am (he works only about a mile from home). I was worried he was stuck somewhere in the deep snow. At about 7:25 or so I saw him walking up the driveway. He walked most of the way home from work and left the car there. He knew there was no way he would be able to drive the car through 12 inches of snow so he wisely left it there and walked home. No one in this area can get out until the snow plows come through and who knows when that will be since the main roads and highways have to get done first. If we can't get through the snow today, he will have to walk to work again tonight. OUr winter here in MIchigan has been brutal this year. We have had so much snow.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 12:47:18 AM »
Cheryl, I understand the financial worries. I'm there, too. Hang in there. Hopefully it will get better.

Alice, that is alot of snow! I feel bad for your poor husband to have to walk in this. The wind was blowing so badly today that it looked like a blizzard out there. I didnt play in the snow today after all. Maybe tomorrow. My mother and father in law came up tonight. We had dinner, cake and played yahtzee. I've had a good evening!

Spring will be here before we know it, ladies!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.