Author Topic: Sunday, Jan. 26, 2014  (Read 985 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Sunday, Jan. 26, 2014
« on: January 26, 2014, 12:19:24 PM »
Hi everyone,
We made it through our foot of snow but we had an additional 4 to 6 inches in the last 18 hours or so. We got our driveway cleaned the the snow plow only made one run through our road so it is still difficult to get through. Having other cars drive through it makes it a bit more passable. At least January is almost done so it is possible that we could be halfway through winter--let's hope anyway. I think this has been a more difficult winter than we have had in a couple of years in terms of the volume of snow we've had.

I scrounged the deep freezer at 1:30 this morning looking for a pound of ground beef and some tomatoes. I wanted to make spaghetti for lunch but only thought of it after I had gone to bed.  After church, I made a huge pot (with only one pound of beef and I actually think it was less because I sectioned a large pkg of gr. beef off myself into baggies and it seemed smaller) and I found some frozen buns in the freezer that made garlic bread. The meal was delicious and there is enough for tomorrow's supper! Tomorrow I will put some cottage cheese in the middle of it and it will be yet a different meal.  It was so good!

I put a no-knead bread dough to rise and have baked that so we are looking good for the next few days. On Saturday, I made a pot of chicken dumpling soup from the leftovers of a roasted chicken I did in the crockpot on Friday. There are plenty of leftovers from that for a meal this week also.  Looking good for having no money to buy any groceries until Saturday, Feb. 1.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline luv2bmom

Re: Sunday, Jan. 26, 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 02:05:49 PM »
Good afternoon!

Hi Alice!  good job making meals with what you have on hand!!  We have loads of snow too....

My dh is on vacay starting today!  We have heading the TN on Wednesday to visit with ddMegan & the grandkids...so excited to see them!  We can't hardly let more than 6 weeks go by until we see them!!

I've got the house in order pretty well, we are staying close to home with all the cold & snow happening.  I tend to the woodstove all day to keep the house toasty warm!

I hope you all have a good Sunday and take care and stay warm!!
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline bobbie78

Re: Sunday, Jan. 26, 2014
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 03:45:33 PM »
Good afternoon, Alice and Pixie.
Alice, that food sounds good!  Especially serving the spaghetti with cottage cheese. That sounds nice!
Pixie, have a good time enjoying your daughter and her family! Be safe on your trip there!
I have cubed steak in the crockpot with gravy. Going to make mashed potatoes, mac and cheese and salad. I cant wait for dinner. I stayed up late watching Lizzy Borden on DVR. I thought it was pretty good. A few of my friends thought the older one was better but I have never seen it. I also watched Flowers in the Attic last week on the same channel. Had never seen it, either. I liked it but I just thought it was...well... strange.
You all have a great day. I'm off to tackle more of my mountain. Mountain of laundry that is.
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.