Author Topic: Tuesday, January 28  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Cheryl

Tuesday, January 28
« on: January 28, 2014, 06:59:06 AM »
Good morning!

It's cold outside!  I've let the chickens out but they don't seem to be too interested in leaving the coop.

I'm having my coffee before I go back out to feed the barn cats.  I've had a slow start today.  Emily was up from 2 am on, throwing up and feeling bad.  She says she's better today.  I hope so.

I need to bring more firewood to the porch, but I want more coffee first! ;)

Supper tonight is salmon patties, cabbage, and maybe mashed potatoes.  I'll make a pan of biscuits to go along with it.

Have a nice day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
Re: Tuesday, January 28
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 07:15:34 AM »
Morning Cheryl! So sorry to hear about poor Emily.  Hope that she continues to feel better, though!  Stay warm out there :)

It is also COLD here!  Woke up to about 9*F (no idea what the wind chill is, though).  Since we have a heat pump, inside the house is about 57*.  We're just operating on blankets, sweaters, and space heaters to stay warm, since a heat pump is basically useless in these kinds of temps!  This is the first year that I can remember that I am SO READY for winter to be over ;D.

I've got a lot of NSA work on the schedule for today, but may need to run out to get Jean's truck inspected (depends on if he decides to take tomorrow off).  I did a good bit of housecleaning and laundry yesterday, so the house is in pretty good shape.  Since that's the case, I think I'll just focus on staying WARM today! 

Have a wonderful day!

M
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 07:45:11 AM »
Good morning!

At home today, yay!  16 here but we will get up to a balmy 34 later, lol.  At least the wind seems to have settled down from yesterday.

I am still waiting for my cream to come in to the health food store.  Might have to run out later if it does.  For some reason, they didn't get it in last week and we are OUT.  :(  Takes the joy right out of coffee. 

We are hosting 1/4 of the youth group here tomorrow.  They are doing something new and meeting in host homes in various parts of town on the last Wednesday night of each month, so we are the host home for our area.  So I need to do some cleaning and pickup today, then will bake some cookies, maybe Snickerdoodles, tomorrow.

Dinner tonight is a new recipe, lettuce wraps made with mushrooms and meat.  Sounded good and fits THM.

Cheryl, I hope Emily continues to feel better.

Mandy, yikes, stay warm!

Catherine

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 07:50:03 AM »
Its Snowing! Don't think it will stick around but the flurries are pretty, temp is 21 with wind chill of 14 brrrr. Kids all went to school so its just me Ollie and Lucky Kentucky. Not much planned this morning a little laundry and reading then have to take kids for their regular meds check at 230 and by the time we get home it will be time to start dinner whatever that turns out to be.

Have a great day everyone!
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline luv2bmom

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 03:24:36 PM »
Hi ladies!

I woke up this morning and as I was getting coffee ready our power went off!  I just grabbed my stovetop percolator from my preps and had delicious coffee!  I was -12 this morning and has warmed up to 3F.  It's been a crazy cold winter in Ohio. 

It took about 3 1/2 hours for the power to come back on.  So thankful for our generator the woodstove blower worked, I was able to shower but had to let my hair hang dry....I tell ya I looked like Medusa!  Dh even said "your hair is crazy!"  lol  Thank goodness for my amazing flat iron!!

We are packed and ready to drive to TN tomorrow.  Leaving pretty early to stop in dh's mother place and visit for a while. 

If anyone feels lead could I ask for prayers for my sil Warren.  He is flying to Nairobi, Africa tomorrow, a 24 hour travel day and during their 6 day stay they will travel to Kenya.  He is traveling with Feed the Children and they will have travel and guards....I have a nervous dd here at home!!

Have a good evening all, take care and stay warm!!!!
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline RenKnitter

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 06:49:32 PM »
Snowed in in Atlanta!  We were supposed to get just a dusting of snow, but around noon it started really snowing.  Everyone decided to leave work and school, so the roads got jammed up, the temp dropped, and the snow turned to ice.  It took my husband 2 1/2 hours to get home from work - normally 40 minutes.  He had called me once and told me that he would not be able to get home as the road was blocked with stalled cars.  I really feel for you who have to deal with this stuff all winter long.  The national news all had pictures of the crazy Atlanta drivers! 

I don't post on here that often, but I really get encouragement from reading your posts and knowing that, yes, there is someone out there that thinks like we do!
Being a homeschool mom can feel isolated, but I enjoy reading about your day even though I don't always have time to post.

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 08:27:26 AM »
Snowed in in Atlanta!  We were supposed to get just a dusting of snow, but around noon it started really snowing.  Everyone decided to leave work and school, so the roads got jammed up, the temp dropped, and the snow turned to ice.  It took my husband 2 1/2 hours to get home from work - normally 40 minutes.  He had called me once and told me that he would not be able to get home as the road was blocked with stalled cars.  I really feel for you who have to deal with this stuff all winter long.  The national news all had pictures of the crazy Atlanta drivers! 

So glad you're all safe!  It's been eye-opening seeing all of the photos and videos from down south, as well as hearing all of the (legitimate, not 'blame-game') speculations of what went wrong.  Don't feel too bad for us snowy people, though...remember that those of us who deal with it all winter long are pretty much used to dealing with it all winter long  ;) ;) ;).  That said, this is the first winter that I am soooooo done with the snow and cold.  It used to be fun since I would get a snow day from school, then a snow day from work, and even last year was fun because it was the first winter in our mountain house, but now?  I'm over it.  The house is cold and Jean still has to get out on the road, so it's just not fun anymore.  Roll on, spring!

M :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥