Author Topic: Thursday, January 30th, 2014  (Read 1610 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Thursday, January 30th, 2014
« on: January 30, 2014, 06:24:33 AM »
Good morning!

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Thursday, January 30th, 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 06:28:03 AM »
Chilly here this morning but it's supposed to warm up nicely later, so we're going to attempt hiking this morning with layers. This afternoon at 2, our Keepers/Contenders group is having a program with a Wildlife Rehabilitation group who will be bringing some animals to discuss.  So a busy day but fun stuff.

Woke up with a headache so hoping to get rid of that soon.  :)

Dinner tonight is baked steak with gravy, mashed potatoes, and maybe some squash (from the freezer).  Maybe another side as well.

Catherine

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 06:44:38 AM »
Good morning!

Catherine - sounds like you have a fun day planned! 

It's chilly here too, but we're supposed to reach the lower 40's today.  Hopefully all the snow left on the ground will be history!  I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to snow.  I have never liked it.

I went out to feed and water the chickens and one hen came out and just sat on the cold ground.  I was afraid if I left her out there, the others would start to pick on her.  Now she's in a cage in my laundry room.  I don't know what's wrong with her.  I got her to eat and drink a little, so maybe she's just cold.  One day last week she was standing around with one eye closed and sounded a little raspy when she breathed.  I rubbed VetRx all around her eyes and under her wings and she perked up.  Hopefully she's not getting sick.

I think tonight I'll make the homemade pizza we usually have on Fridays.  We're going to get our taxes done tomorrow evening and we'll probably grab something for supper while we're out.

Have a great day! :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 06:47:12 AM »
Good Morning Catherine & everyone who follows

Finally a not so busy day. Cow chores, help DH grind feed and any housework or bookwork I can fit in.  Yesterday during bangsing the heifers (bangs vaccinating heifers means giving them shots by a vet for reproductive shots so then can become pregnant. They gave 2 shots, poured them to keep lice and things away and a preg guard shot. Then they have these clips they call tattoo with a number that goes in ear certifying a vet did the work.   These are calves that are finally old enough to have a calf. You might already know that though) some friends stopped by.  I came to house with her and her baby and her DH took my spot. Then the kids and I took a drive right before dark to see our 3 new baby calves. And so begins calving season. We only had 19 heifers to calve until the cows begin middle of march.  We bought these and they were to start Feb 1st. DS has a game in another town and he has been practicing since his ankle accident so he should be fine. I missed my church meeting on Tuesday because we sold calves and I missed my ranch meeting last night because we had company. I cant go to everything too much going on

Needing my coffee and that last little push to get kids out door

Janice

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 09:31:44 AM »
26 degrees and windy here, just me and Ollie hanging out listening to Lucky bark at the howling wind.
Laundry is going and not sure what else I will do today just feeling blah.
A couple years ago on a field trip with DD we did a little geocaching but kinda forgot about it until I read it in a blog today so I went online and registered and hopefully will by a few handle held gps things soon. It will get us out walking and the kids will see it as going on a treasure hunt.
Keep warm and safe everyone, have a great day!
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline Andrea G

• no better thing under the sun
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 11:14:22 AM »
Good afternoon everyone. It is warmer here, though still well below freezing.  I am so tired of winter.  ::)

Not much going on here, just the usual house cleaning and laundry. I also need to get eggs ready for Matt to take to the neighbours. He is off school most of this week since they are between semesters. Nice to have him home.  Julie went to the grade 8 orientation day at the highschool. She enjoyed it, in spite of being the only homeschooler there. I think she will like going to the high school next year, but it is going to be strange being done with homeschool. :(

Catherine, your day sounds like fun. :)

Janice, glad you're having a not so busy day, though it still sounds pretty busy to me  ;)

Cheryl, I hope your chicken is doig better. Maybe she was just cold. I can so relate  :D

Norma, we tried geocaching last summer when my brother and SIL visited from Michigan. We were able to find a cache near where we go swimming at a river near here. I need to get a gps thing too, it is pretty hard without one. I registered too, I am luvmychickens. I think there are a lot of caches to be found around here.

Have a great day everyone, and stay warm!
Loving life in southern Ontario
Wife to David, Mom to Kate, Paul, Matt and Julianne