Author Topic: Friday, January 31. 2014  (Read 1552 times)

Offline wrancher

Friday, January 31. 2014
« on: January 31, 2014, 06:48:46 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Friday, January 31. 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 06:57:35 AM »
It still feels cold at 12. I shouldnt complain or it will be a minus temperature, Today is Rapid City appointments for 2 DDs and pickup DS who was at birthday party for friend at a waterpark and it has a motel. I am sure as soon as it is open they will be there again. I might just get him at city so we dont have to make arrangements at home. DH and DS will do chores. Last night we won both games fun. I thought DS had tourney this weekend but it is the a team so he is off. We are mostly home this weekend. yeah
Time to get this household going. DH made pancakes and sausage this morning that should help

Have a great day
Janice

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 09:09:46 AM »
Good morning!

Just sitting here having my mid-morning shake.  Gotta get in my protein, especially on strength training days.  I usually have eggs within 30 minutes after my workout, but then need something else 2.5-3 hours later 'cause I'm starving.  :P

Staying home today!  Mallory caught whatever I had last week, apparently, so isn't feeling well at all.  I'm washing sheets and need to do some other laundry as well.  Also hope to work on menu planning and some other paperwork today.

Dinner, well, we'll either have homemade pizza or stir fry.  I've got the meat thawing for stir fry but haven't figured out which day to have it yet.

Catherine

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 11:04:20 AM »
Good Morning.  Its a nice sunny day today.  We had a snow storm yesterday, got about 9 inches of heavy, wet snow.  Looks like the sun may melt quite a bit of it though.  As long as my driveway is clear, I'm happy.

Today, I am hoping to get some laundry done and some cleaning.  I hurt my back last Sunday and it is still hurting.  Meds help a little but not much so I figure I just need to rest as much as I can.  So, my plans for productivity may not go as planned.

I finished the 21 day sugar detox on the 21st and flew to Ohio to visit family on the 22nd.  My grandfather had a stroke just before Christmas so we went to visit him.  Needless to say, when you visit home you eat all your old favorites and I gained back the 5 pounds that I had lost and with my back pain I can't exercise much.  Its a bummer.  I want to try to walk on the treadmill today.  Walking seems to help.  I also need to figure out how on earth I plan to eat.  I seem to go between Paleo and Trim Healthy Mama.  I'm on the fence about committing to either one.  I'm a mess  :o

Dinner tonight is chicken and oat dumplings and a salad.

Catherine - I hope Mallory feels better soon!

Janice - I know what you mean about 12 feeling warm.  We were in Ohio last week and it was -35 with the wind chill.  It got up to 6 degrees and it was a heat wave!  LOL

Have a great day, ladies!!

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 11:46:03 AM »
We are in line for yet another major storm in the next 24-48 hours. We got it hard last week also.  We have no where to put snow anymore since the piles are so high. Very dangerous when driving at intersections and corners in general where you can't see around the height of snow.  It is rather calm outside right now so I'm thinking it's "the calm before the storm". I just hope the storm misses us for once. 

There have also been a lot of fatal car accidents this winter. My brother was in a car accident on one of the first snows in Dec. but he thankfully is alive. He is very badly injured and I don't think he will ever work again. He at least has his mind that wasn't injured and the will to fight to get better.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 02:34:52 PM »
Alice: I think it is for sure the calm before the storm!  We are in for another walloping!  I went to the grocery store this afternoon, and it was so busy!  Nothing like a snowstorm forecast the day before the SuperBowl!  I'm sure it will just get crazier tonight!  At least it isn't suppose to start until after midnight, so most people should be off the roads before it gets too bad. 
Hope your brother had a positive recovery.

You know it's been a long winter when you venture out (for the first time in 6 days), and you think to yourself "wow, it's really nice out today", and then you realize that it is 24 degrees out!!  Spring can't come soon enough for me!  I'm not big on winter in the first place, so this is getting old pretty quickly! 
Guess I will hunker down for the next round!  Hoping it's not another week before I can get out again!!  LOL!

We are having steak fajitas for dinner, so that will warm us up some! 
Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day!
Pam 
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25