Author Topic: Wednesday, February 5th, 2014  (Read 2567 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Wednesday, February 5th, 2014
« on: February 05, 2014, 08:32:54 AM »
Good morning!

Having my second breakfast (aka protein Samoa shake, mmm)...yep, it's a lifting day for me.  :)  Beautiful and sunny out though a bit nippy at 11 (negative 5 with wind chill).  We will get up to 20 at some point today, though, and have a 50% chance of snow later.   Our snow from Sunday started melting yesterday when it was in the upper 30's, but I guess will stick around for a bit now with the cold front coming in.

I've got an appointment in a little bit, then plan to be home until time to take the kids to church later.  Working  on a cozy for my coffee cup and have lots of reading to do, as well as a load of laundry.  There is always other cleaning and picking up to be done, but nothing too urgent.

Guess I will run and go out and start the van so I won't freeze in a few minutes when we leave.  :P

Have a great day, and stay warm, especially those of you in truly cold areas!

Catherine

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
Re: Wednesday, February 5th, 2014
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 08:39:33 AM »
Good Morning!

Hope you're all staying warm and safe out there.  We had ice come through last night, so we're just sticking close to home today.  I have some NSA work to do and need to put in a load or two of laundry, but I foresee a lot of TV and knitting with my sweetie :).  Dinner tonight is paninis. I try to do something quick and easy on Wednesdays since we have choir practice, but now that's been canceled.  Oh well, grilled sandwiches still sound good to me!

Have a wonderful day!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Cathie

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 10:17:42 AM »
it's snowing
it's cold
I'm miserable!

So I made a fire
Made bacon  ;)
ate bacon
now I need to work on my chores  ;D

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 10:55:23 AM »
Ha!  Bacon makes everything better! :)

Mandy, now I want a grilled cheese or something!

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 11:17:07 AM »
How about this - I just pulled out BACON to put on our grilled sammies tonight.  Come on over!!!

M
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 11:52:21 AM »
How about this - I just pulled out BACON to put on our grilled sammies tonight.  Come on over!!!

M

OOOHHHH!  Could we knit and have wine, too?  :D  Wish I could...Wednesday are my "free" night most weeks after I drop the kids at their church classes.

Offline Rooney

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 12:28:31 PM »

M

OOOHHHH!  Could we knit and have wine, too?  :D  Wish I could...Wednesday are my "free" night most weeks after I drop the kids at their church classes.

Catherine, could you define "free" night because mine is the kids watch a movie while I clean the house. LOL :)

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 01:36:20 PM »
Ahhh, one of the hidden joys of NOT having kids: every night is a bacon-and-wine-and-knitting FREE night (hey, you've got to look at the bright side of things, right ;D??)!  You are all ALWAYS welcome to come join me!

M
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 01:36:53 PM by MissMandy »

Offline Cathie

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 02:44:27 PM »
Ahhh, one of the hidden joys of NOT having kids: every night is a bacon-and-wine-and-knitting FREE night (hey, you've got to look at the bright side of things, right ;D??)!  You are all ALWAYS welcome to come join me!

M

I may run away soon --- get the spare room ready

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 03:07:06 PM »

M

Catherine, could you define "free" night because mine is the kids watch a movie while I clean the house. LOL :)

Well, I often come home and mop the floor while no one is home to walk on it (except the critters).  But every so often, I rebel and watch TV while eating Chinese take-out, lol.  I can't really drink wine then, unfortunately, because I have to go pick the kids up again at 8.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 06:05:30 PM by greyhoundgirl »