Author Topic: Thursday, February 6th, 2014  (Read 1606 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Thursday, February 6th, 2014
« on: February 06, 2014, 06:37:43 AM »
Good morning!

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Thursday, February 6th, 2014
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 06:42:41 AM »
We woke up to more snow, maybe an inch or inch and a half.  It's still coming down but only supposed to last a couple more hours.  Crazily enough, our schools closed today.   ::)  I could see after the 6-7 inches on Sunday being closed Monday, but this is just silly.  Oh well, that's the beauty of homeschooling...we can keep on!

Cooking tonight for a program our church participates in for the homeless so I have a gigantic brisket in the oven.  If Earl confirms the roads are fine once he gets to work, I will probably head to the commissary and will do cheesy potatoes with it.  If he thinks I shouldn't go, then I'll just peel lots of potatoes today and do mashed.

Not much exciting happening here.  Just the general routine and cleanup around here, and cooking.  That never ends, lol.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 07:33:03 AM »
Good morning!!  I don't post often but do read everyday and you are a busy group of ladies!

Well, it is another day off for the girls.  On Monday, we had another big snow storm so they didn't have school.  On Tuesday, they had a two hour delay.  Yesterday there was a big ice storm and thousands were without power.  Just to give you some idea of how many were without power, this number was second only two Hurricane Sandy in 2012.  Neither one of the girls' schools has power today, so they are home.  The elementary schools had power so they went in with a two hour delay.  Doug's work lost power yesterday, too so he came home early, went in late today but will be coming home soon.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring!

Not much going on today.  Molly will work on a little bit of school work later today but I believe we will mostly read, watch movies or TV and eat!  There is always eating!  I have a bit of laundry to do as well.

We don't have any major plans this weekend which is probably a good thing as it is probably pretty likely that Doug will have to work.

Dinner tonight is eggs, potatoes and applesauce.

Have a wonderful day!

Denise

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 07:48:21 AM »
Good morning!

I am freezing!  I've been out twice already since 6 am to break the ice on the chicken water pans.  They're all huddled up inside their house acting like they can't stand winter either. :D

We were gone pretty much all day yesterday so today I have a bit of house cleaning to catch up on and there's always laundry to do if I get bored. ::)  Emily will start school work soon and I'll get started on my chores.

Supper tonight is easy.  We're having salads.  I've already washed the lettuce and cut up some veggies so we're good to go. :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 10:30:54 AM »
Good morning ladies!

Its a lovely morning.  Kind of cloudy with the sun peaking through but we are supposed to get a snow storm here soon.  we sure need the snow so I am happy.  The ski resorts will be happy too, I bet. 

Last night we went to Brandon's Eagle Scout Board of Review and I can happily and proudly say that I am now the mother of an Eagle Scout!  My DH is one too so it is a very special thing for him.  In a few years, Trevor will probably be one too.  I am so proud of my boys!  He did well at his Eagle board and it was so nice having then tell us what a great young man he was.. I mean, I know he is but its nice when others see it too  ;)  My hubs and Brandon went out for Pho to celebrate after.  I'm not a Pho fan so I came home and had leftovers, LOL

Today, we have school to do but we are moving kind of slow today.  I sure wish my hip would start to feel better.  I moved from back pain to hip and thigh pain, LOL.  I do have laundry going so that's an accomplishment  ;D  I need to wipe down my kitchen counters and straighten up the kitchen a bit.  I just feel better when my kitchen is clean.  The rest of the house could be a mess but if my kitchen is clean I feel alright, LOL. 

Brandon has jujitsu this evening and Trevor has swim team.  Trevor got moved up from Bronze group to Gold group.. skipped Silver completely.  He went form swimming an hour, 3 days a week and doing 800 to 1500 yards a day to swimming an hour and a half, 5 days a week with an optional 2 hour Saturday and they swim 3000 to 4000 yards a day.  He's a tired boy after practice!  So to celebrate his advancement we are all going to 5 Guys Burgers at his request. 

Catherine - is it really cold there?  I know when I was in Ohio and Indiana a couple weeks ago they closed schools because of the wind chill.. it was FREEZING (-35 BRRRR)  Enjoy your day!

Cheryl - I remember when we had chickens and had to break up the water.  The look on their faces when it was cold was pitiful.  They wanted some sunshine!

Denise - Glad you posted today!  Have a great day!

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 12:14:56 PM »
Erica, no, it's not that cold here.  Cold for here, but not compared to most of the country, lol.  It has warmed up to 14.  Now, wind chills have been in the negative numbers because of Oklahoma's crazy wind.  And we ended up with about 2 inches of new snow this morning before it stopped.  I will take this ANY day over 110.  :)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 12:15:23 PM by greyhoundgirl »

Offline wrancher

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 12:18:49 PM »
BRRR Pretty much sums it up -30 this morning now a balmy feels like -19 Suppose to be warming up. Thank heavens no new calves. Just 4. Glad I have outside chores done. It takes longer feeding more hay but not hard. Good exercise chopping water.  No need for gym membership here this is free! ha I have laundry going again but need to start dishwasher and sweep floor. My goal is to work on bookwork. We go to accountant Tuesday but we also sell calves on Tuesday. We will haul them in on Monday. Dinner tonight is steaks, asparagus and mashed potatoes that have chives in and put on waffle maker then add shredded cheese. DH and my 21st anniversary today. I am a strange one. I dont like things for anniversaries, bdays, etc. It would make me mad to waste money on cards and stuff. I  would never have massage or manicure. My DH doesnt know how lucky he has it.

Coffee time is over ready for a big glass of ice tea to tackle bookwork

Janice