Author Topic: Mon. Feb. 10, 2014  (Read 1084 times)

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
Mon. Feb. 10, 2014
« on: February 10, 2014, 08:21:30 AM »
Good morning ladies,
I hope you all still remember me. LOL
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
Re: Mon. Feb. 10, 2014
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 08:37:57 AM »
It is cold here this morning, but they say it will get up in the 40s later in the week. I will believe it when I see it.  ;) I am trying not to complain any more, but I am sure looking forward to spring. It has been a rough winter for almost our whole country.
we had about 1/2" of snow yesterday. I am thankful that is all we had.

I am sitting with my feet on a rug, sweater on, and blanket wrapped around my legs. Although our thermometer says 78*, my little corner of the house is the coldest part. LOL I hope to roast some veggies after Kevin leaves for work. That will help to warm things up. I also plan to do some sort of workout. I have neglected this area of my life for too long. Time to get back with it.

We have been looking through our seed catalogs and Cackle Hatchery brochure. Kevin was all for us raising some meat chickens until he found out what it would cost just to get day old chicks here. Yikes! It will cost about $120 for 50 of the meat chicks. Still haven't given up on this idea, but rethinking it a bit. Not sure Kevin will get on board with this. Oh well, time will tell. We are also tossing around the idea to order a few dwarf fruit trees. That also will not be an inexpensive project.  :( I don't know, maybe we should just stick with having a big garden this year.  :-\ It seems like every time we take a step forward, we get knocked back two steps. I guess such is life.  ::)

I really need to get started on the log cabin quilt for my niece, but I know I will not be enthusiastic about working on it till it gets warmer. My feet get cold sitting at the sewing machine.  ??? I am on block 30 of 42 of hand quilting my 36 patch quilt. It would be nice to have it done for spring to put on our bed.

We never did get to have our Christmas with the kids. Every time we planned a date, either the weather or sickness caused us to cancel. So we all just decided to wait till warm weather and have a BBQ. Not sure about the gifts. I don't know whether to keep them for next year or to just give them to the kids when I see them. Of course, ear warmers will not be too exciting in summer. LOL

Lindsay, happy belated birthday! I hope you had a good birthday!

Everyone have a good day. Thinking of you all.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Rooney

Re: Mon. Feb. 10, 2014
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 01:00:52 PM »
WELCOME BACK WINONA!!!! :) :) :)
You are missed when you are gone!  You guys sure have taken the brunt of the snow this year in your area.  Last week it snowed so much where you are that by the time it got over to us it ran out and turned to ice. LOL  I sure hope it warms up for you soon and you are able to get back to the things you enjoy. 

Take care and please stay warm!

Lindsay