Author Topic: Jobs or lack of....  (Read 1623 times)

Offline fishermanwife

Jobs or lack of....
« on: February 11, 2014, 09:05:03 AM »
Hubby worked for 13 years in a printing bindery before they closed the doors, around 8 of those in a supervisor position. He has a job now but not in that field, the local paper has had a pressman job opening for Months now and about 3 weeks ago hubby applied and talked to the guy and thought it went well. The guy has not been able to find a experienced person but we know that hubby could learn the job hes just mechanically inclined like that. Would it be weird to offer to work a day for free and see if the guy likes him? This job would boost hubbys spirit so much and take a lot of stress off of him not to mention lower his gas bill by $40 a week. Any advice? Thanks.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

shedrinkzcoffee

Re: Jobs or lack of....
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 09:14:15 AM »
You could ask but there may be insurance liabilities for someone not on payroll.  But, never hurts to ask.

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 09:17:39 AM »
True thanks never thought about that. Maybe an email saying I would really like the opportunity to work for you, with his resume attached again. ?
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 09:25:21 AM »
I would probably just have the hubs go in and talk to the guy.  Then he can let him know he is very interested and can feel him out about working for a day.

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 09:57:40 AM »
Just talked to hubs on his break and he said he would go talk to the guy on Friday its his day off from his current job and the guy is gone by the time hubs gets off work. We live in such a rural poor area that nobody wants to move here and nobody is trained to do these jobs anymore so I hope he can get the opportunity to work there.

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 07:18:45 PM »
I will pray for your hubs on this. My youngest brother works for our local newpaper printing company and has for the past 17 years.  They are getting ready to shut they're doors. This was the only job by brother ever had. He worked there since the age of 17.  He's all lined up for college courses though. I pray your hubby will get his foot in the door!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.