Author Topic: Looking for a fun and inspiring class....  (Read 1840 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Looking for a fun and inspiring class....
« on: February 18, 2014, 03:02:15 PM »
I've been looking into going back to school working towards my eventual career, but so far it just hasn't worked out due to the financial aspect as well as time.  But, I feel the need to do something a little different and take a class just for fun and maybe to inspire a little creativity at home.  The blog Beauty that Moves recently had a class called "Hibernate" that did craft projects, recipes, and so forth, but I found it too late and wasn't really in the market yet, anyway.  Do any of you know of something like that, perhaps from a blog you read?  I am NOT looking for a food class such as Gnowfglins (sp?) offers or something like that just all intense with sourdough or something like that, but more of something with variety.  I'd prefer something online due to logistics, and something not too terribly expensive.

Any suggestions?

shedrinkzcoffee

Re: Looking for a fun and inspiring class....
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 03:18:47 PM »
I would think a pottery class would be fun but I am not sure if they hold online classes for that.

Offline Rooney

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 03:20:18 PM »
Just throwing this out there because it seems to be one of your interests.  They offer a variety of courses.  I am just a few credits short of a degree and would have loved to have finished even though I don't really hope to use it.  Silly but would just like to say I have the degree.   I would love to take something like this online class, but my time is being spent grading others classes right now.  In fact this whole afternoon has been 3rd and 5th grade math. LOL :)  Maybe you might like something like this.

Here is the link:
http://www.my-garden-school.com/courses/

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 04:09:20 PM »
Those sound neat, Lindsay! 

Found these at www.craftsy.com and thought I'd post in case anyone else is looking.  They offer all kinds of classes:  knitting, quilting, various cooking classes to include Thai or French pastry, photography, sewing, painting, and so on.  Still not quite what I'm looking for, but lots of choices.

Heather's classes combined some cooking with some crafty stuff and I like that combo; just not sure if I can find something else similar.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 06:11:53 PM by greyhoundgirl »

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 06:10:32 PM »
I have seriously thought of getting started on my master's degree but am having trouble choosing what to do it in.  Most of my top interests are not something I can do at our local college or online (nutrigenomics and theology are probably my top two).

Offline Rooney

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 09:08:32 AM »
Catherine, you are an inspiration to me with all of the motivation you have.  I am sure that if you decide to pursue a higher level degree that you will sail right through it. ;)

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 08:04:55 PM »
Considering the "Restore" workshop as a possibility.  It's focus is moms dealing with burnout and how to bring joy back into everyday life.  There is a weekly podcast, daily quiet time stuff, and creative projects to go with it.  Here's a link if anyone else wants to take a look:  http://nurturingjoy.com/  Ann Voskamp is a contributor to this.  :)

Offline Rooney

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 10:31:49 AM »
I looked at the link and am interested to hear what you think of this if you decide to take it.   I might just read the book that the course is derived from anyway. ;)