Author Topic: efoodsdirect  (Read 2340 times)

Offline Rooney

efoodsdirect
« on: February 18, 2014, 06:38:37 PM »
I haven't gotten enough out of the greenhouse to start canning my own yet and won't till summer I am sure.  We have been thinking seriously and are revisiting the idea of getting some of these dehydrated products, but thought we might first just order some samples and make sure they agree with our tummies.  I have heard some people like the taste of the meals so much that they substitute some of their groceries with it.  I am looking more on the long term food storage aspect of it.   I am not looking at any of the packages, but instead ordering by the case so I can make sure they are something we could eat.  Have any of you ordered from this company?  If so have you tried any of it and which meals or soups did you order/like or dislike?

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: efoodsdirect
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 07:03:29 AM »
I've tried some dehydrated foods but not that specific brand.  Mountain House seems really good for entrees, and most of our stuff is actually Thrive brand.  My parents have a mix of Mountain House and some other stuff...I can ask what theirs is if you are interested.

Offline wrancher

Re: efoodsdirect
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 08:35:52 AM »
I like honeyville. Pretty inexpensive,  but I order the basics not entrees. I can beef and chicken and would use that and I still havent made my meals in jar with the freeze dreied sausage I have. Boy the freeze dried meats are really expensive. I do try and dehydrate on my own. Like I go through alot of celery for some reason so will buy it fresh at sams and dehydrate quite a bit at once to have it out of way. I have looked at all these brands and did alot of research with people liking the quality of honeyville and I love the shipping like 4.49 or something for everthing. Does anyone llive near A latter day saints place to get extra stuff like this?

Janice